Back to Visual Analytics with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Analytics with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this third course of the specialization, we’ll drill deeper into the tools Tableau offers in the areas of charting, dates, table calculations and mapping. We’ll explore the best choices for charts, based on the type of data you are using. We’ll look at specific types of charts including scatter plots, Gantt charts, histograms, bullet charts and several others, and we’ll address charting guidelines. We’ll define discrete and continuous dates, and examine when to use each one to explain your data. You’ll learn how to create custom and quick table calculations and how to create parameters. We’ll also introduce mapping and explore how Tableau can use different types of geographic data, how to connect to multiple data sources and how to create custom maps....

AG
Aug 19, 2017

Through this course learner can efficiently learn about dual layer maps, dual axis, creating calculated fields and many more. Thanks for such a great platform to learn and for great instructors.

SC
Feb 4, 2021

Great course and content. Got enough practice on peer assignments. Really like charting guidelines. Highly recommend this course to get your data visualization to the next level.

51 - 75 of 284 Reviews for Visual Analytics with Tableau

By Alejandro M

Apr 7, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It is completely practical. A lot of exercises. Presentations were well organized and focused on the topics

By Praveen K

Oct 27, 2020

The course was very well structured however would be better with bit more explaination of tableau features and video instructions

By deepan d

Nov 4, 2017

this Course gives the Complete Knowledge about Visualizations in tableau.

Wonderful!!

Thanks for this course!! Mr. Sukh Brar

By Jean-Baptiste C

Aug 18, 2020

Most meaningful of the 5 course series thus far. Extra focus needed on tableau tips and tricks, especially calculations.

By Margaret T

Aug 2, 2018

Loved this course. This brought the dashboard and story functions all together. Thank you for making this so enjoyable.

By Abhimanyu G

Apr 14, 2021

It covered all the basics of Tableau , really good for someone who is new to Tableau and want to enrich their skills.

By Pallavi P

Oct 9, 2019

The course is great. It would be great if there is 1 h lecture or exercise session with lot of different examples

By Anne B N

Aug 2, 2019

o curso é rápido e muito útil. recomendo a quem quer aprender mais e melhor sobre visual analytics no Tableau

By Juan D N

May 5, 2021

I really liked the empirical focus of the course. It felt practical rather than high level and theoretical.

By Jerry C

Jul 15, 2020

Instructor did a very good job of structuring the content and presented it in a logical and linear fashion.

By Prudha J

Aug 1, 2019

This is the best course. I felt like attending in-class training. It was very informative and technical.

By Ricardo A

Jun 30, 2017

Excellent Material and Assignments give you a good basis to start exploring the capabilities of tableau.

By Shubhanju K

Apr 25, 2021

A great course offering practical learning. It will help a lot in my career while visualizing any data.

By María d P M

Nov 21, 2020

Excellent course. Short videos and hand-on activities made easy to understand concepts and get skills.

By Luiz M

Apr 9, 2018

I strongly recommend this course. It was very important to improve my analytics skills in Tableau.

By Mahnoush M

Oct 29, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and learnt lots of things that I can use in my daily work. Thank you!

By Ibrahim F

Oct 15, 2020

In a short while I was able to create a very complex visualization thanks to all instructors

By Manikanta L

Apr 11, 2018

This course helped me a lot understand visual analytics and how important it is for business

By Siddharth S

Jan 24, 2020

all the features and aspects of tableau explained, easy to navigate and good assignments.

By MILIN S K

Jul 28, 2019

Course was really awesome, I really enjoyed a lot. Thanks for Coursera and UCDavis staffs

By Radosław K

Jan 30, 2018

Very interesting and practical course finally showing many features of Tableau in action.

By NGO T N

May 22, 2019

The course is really beneficial for whom would like to learn Tableau from initial steps.

By Yap J L

Jul 28, 2020

well-designed..... but i hope there are more examples for the calculated field part....

By SAI S B

May 1, 2018

Liked it a lot has given me hands on experience with using various features in tableau

By Patrick W

Jan 30, 2018

I liked how this course really got to the point quickly and then moved on. Well done.