Back to Visual Analytics with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Analytics with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this third course of the specialization, we’ll drill deeper into the tools Tableau offers in the areas of charting, dates, table calculations and mapping. We’ll explore the best choices for charts, based on the type of data you are using. We’ll look at specific types of charts including scatter plots, Gantt charts, histograms, bullet charts and several others, and we’ll address charting guidelines. We’ll define discrete and continuous dates, and examine when to use each one to explain your data. You’ll learn how to create custom and quick table calculations and how to create parameters. We’ll also introduce mapping and explore how Tableau can use different types of geographic data, how to connect to multiple data sources and how to create custom maps....

AG

Aug 20, 2017

Through this course learner can efficiently learn about dual layer maps, dual axis, creating calculated fields and many more. Thanks for such a great platform to learn and for great instructors.

DP

OH I LOVE THESE COURSES. SUCH VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE, I AM INTRIGUED.\n\nI AM A BIT JEAOLUS ON TO WHY I DID NOT FUMBLE UPON THIS WEBSITE BEFORE AS AN INVESTMENT BANKING MD.

51 - 75 of 238 Reviews for Visual Analytics with Tableau

By Luiz M

Apr 10, 2018

I strongly recommend this course. It was very important to improve my analytics skills in Tableau.

By Mahnoush M

Oct 29, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and learnt lots of things that I can use in my daily work. Thank you!

By Manikanta L

Apr 11, 2018

This course helped me a lot understand visual analytics and how important it is for business

By Siddharth S

Jan 24, 2020

all the features and aspects of tableau explained, easy to navigate and good assignments.

By MILIN S K

Jul 28, 2019

Course was really awesome, I really enjoyed a lot. Thanks for Coursera and UCDavis staffs

By Radosław K

Jan 30, 2018

Very interesting and practical course finally showing many features of Tableau in action.

By Nhan T N

May 23, 2019

The course is really beneficial for whom would like to learn Tableau from initial steps.

By Yap J L

Jul 28, 2020

well-designed..... but i hope there are more examples for the calculated field part....

By SAI S B

May 01, 2018

Liked it a lot has given me hands on experience with using various features in tableau

By Patrick W

Jan 30, 2018

I liked how this course really got to the point quickly and then moved on. Well done.

By Angela K

Sep 28, 2017

Wonderful class, was able to pick up new tricks that I could apply to my current job.

By Jason G

Apr 06, 2020

Excellent class. This time I learned about some new functions and map layering!

By Gary L

May 10, 2019

Excellent course. Well structured. Just the right length. I highly recommend.

By Cathy C d D C

Mar 13, 2018

Loved it. Please, have another Tableau course but focusing on mapping, please.

By Raul O

Jun 07, 2020

Very good course! Well structured, practical, high quality and easy to follow

By Emilio C

Mar 19, 2020

I learned many concepts to apply my future data visualizations. Thanks a lot!

By Dali S

Jan 16, 2020

bite-sized lectures. great practice assignments for each module. Thanks, Suk!

By Maksym M

May 10, 2018

Clear, concise, to the point course with a lot of hands on projects and work.

By Patty I

Apr 07, 2020

Good course - helps to give what your output should look like during reviews

By Matthew D

Jul 31, 2017

Great course, with several opportunities to create visualization in Tableau!

By Sulthana s

Jul 21, 2020

explained all the important parameters within very short duration.very good

By Yakun L

May 10, 2017

Great course! It would be better if there are more hands on exercise added.

By NEVEUX, R A

This course was awesome, I really enjoyed the section on dual layer maps!

By Khalid S

Jan 24, 2019

Very good explanation of the different visual techniques within Tableau.

By Yahya K

Oct 17, 2018

Some issues with the peer review assignments, but overall good.