Back to Decentralized Applications (Dapps)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Decentralized Applications (Dapps) by University at Buffalo

This third course of the Blockchain specialization prepares you to design and develop end-to-end decentralized applications (Dapps) – which provide anyone with access to the blockchain’s features and services. You will use Truffle IDE, smart contracts, a simple web client and a MetaMask client. You will learn about the architecture of a Dapp: the front-end client interface, backed by the blockchain and smart contracts. The course covers the basic design of a Dapp, Truffle development process and commands (init, develop, test and migrate), test-driven development of Dapp, Dapp application models and emerging standards that are essential for predictable Dapp behavior. Main concepts are delivered through videos, demos and hands-on exercises....

SR
Dec 28, 2019

it would have been nice if the instructor has included the instructions for truffle+ganache installation for local machine. Truffle works great on a native machine over vm! thanks!

AM
Apr 28, 2021

A very helpful course filled with practical knowledge on the way to become a successful blockchain developer, moreover when the open source material on this domain is abysmal.

101 - 125 of 157 Reviews for Decentralized Applications (Dapps)

By Shubham P

Nov 4, 2019

The testing part was not clear as the cases defined in the assignment and the hints provided doesn't sound familiar to me. Overall the course was great!

By Varundeep M

Aug 6, 2020

The Course Practical materials are old and don't work properly. It will be really helpful if the instructors update the Ethereum.ova VM

By Fedor G

Aug 16, 2020

Javascript interactions were not described at all, but the final test is not that complex, so i guess that is ok

By Marco M

Sep 17, 2019

Interesting course, too bad for the virtual machine that didn't build. I have been fooling around with windows.

By Javier F G

Feb 24, 2021

Great course to have more in-depth knowledge of Dapps and the way to programme it. Recommended!

By Horacio A C

Mar 20, 2019

Great course! I would just include a more detailed part about front-end development of dapps.

By Upendra A

Jul 22, 2020

I was hoping to learn client side interface and some CURD concept ,anyway course was good.

By Constant V

Feb 6, 2020

Some topics went very quick, others were less worked out from a content perspective.

By Amany A

Aug 14, 2019

very Helpful ,thank u so much but we need to learn more about testing

By Diego R S A

Feb 8, 2021

Muy buen conocimiento y aplicando lo visto en los cursos pasados.

By Nguyễn H Q

Jan 8, 2020

The programming assignment need to be fix on grade system.

By Ivan D L S

Sep 29, 2018

Great introduction to blockchain distribute applications

By Jeena M G

Apr 21, 2019

I am really enjoying the courses!

By Thang P N

Dec 25, 2018

Nice overview knowledge

By SWAPNIL S S

Excellent

By Satyam V

Aug 13, 2021

good

By Eyad S

Nov 22, 2020

The course material was alright, but the exam at the end was miserable to pull off. I needed the file from the last course which luckily I still had in my Trash, and then when I fed it into this evaluator I got 18/20 for reasons unknown. Then it took forever to figure out the syntax used the test.js file, and truffle exceptions were of very little help. In the end I spent 30mins on the theory and 3hrs on the environment and making the grader happy. That's not purpose of the class/test.

By Philip H

May 22, 2021

This course was "ok" in my opinion. Its really a shame that Coursera does not have quality checks running to ensure course material provided in their courses are up to date. Throughout the entire specialization, many links where non-functional since resources where not available anymore. Nonetheless, the course provides a solid foundation for learning more about blockchain technology, in my view.

By Vincenzo F

Aug 30, 2020

The programming environment was not working, the software version was old, I struggled a lot to make test cases work due to environment inconsistencies. For the majority of topics we have just scratched the surface. The most interesting Module so far, but also the least valuable in terms of usability and level of information I gained.

By Alejandro V

Sep 7, 2021

The course is fine but the practice exam give me a lot of problems to submit my test script. No matter what I try, the grader won't accepted. It took me almost 3 hours to figure it out what to do, despite the info already in the forum. I think the grader should be a little "smarter"

This turn out to be a very bad experience for me.

By Keary P

Feb 7, 2021

Nice overview of Blockchain and Ethereum and practice creating decentralized apps from start to finish. Given the fast pace of Blockchain technology, many of the programs and libraries are outdated. I spent a lot of time re-coding for the latest libraries. It would be helpful if a moderator updated the materials.

By samin

Jul 30, 2021

Course covers all the basics about Dapps and truffle. But the main concern is the some of the codes are outdated. Links are broken and there are changes in metamask which makes it difficult to follow especially if used in virtualbox. The course needs to be updated.

By Anish A

Sep 4, 2019

Truffle environment wasnt as easy as Remix to setup. Spent many days trying to use higher version of Truffle since Truffle init wasnt working at Truffle 4.0.4 version.

By Shubham G

Jan 14, 2020

Course is god but it should be upgraded by now. Its almost 20months old course which used soidity 0.4.17 and current version of solidity is 0.6.0+

So kindly upgrade.

By Mauricio M P

Apr 1, 2021

Good course content, but it needs an update because current solidity and truffle versions generate a lot of problems with the course documents and templates