Back to Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Primitives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Primitives by Duke University

5.0

DeFi and the Future of Finance is a set of four courses that focus on decentralized finance. The second course is called DeFi Primitives. It is recommended that you take the first course, DeFi Infrastructure, before this course. In this course, we talk about transaction mechanics and introduce both fungible and non-fungible tokens – or NFTs. The course explores the important issue of custody (holding private keys). The course then explores supply adjustment which includes the minting and burning of tokens. The mechanics of bonding curves are introduced. The course then explores the role of direct as well as indirect incentives in the DeFi system. We then analyze swaps or decentralized exchange. We begin by contrasting DEX with centralized exchange (e.g., Coinbase or Binance). The course details the mechanics of Automated Market Makers and provides a number of detailed examples. There is a discussion of impermanent loss as well as (legal) front-running. We end the course by exploring both collateralized and flash loans....

EL
Nov 21, 2021

Well taught!! I Suggest this to people who wants to start and know more about DeFi nd Crypto.

MW
Nov 14, 2021

Excellent course in preparation for the Flare Finance platform to be released soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Reviews for Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Primitives

By Stephen M

Nov 25, 2021

This is an in-depth course on the mechanics of DeFi and its underlying protocols. This is a fantastic course that helps one understand the changing dynamics of the financial system architecture. I highly recommend the course and this entire specialization to the changemakers of tomorrow.

By Keith M

Nov 29, 2021

Amazing Class! I have learned so much and still have a lot more to learn but I am convinced we are looking at the next revolution. in 30 years people will be talking about this time like the internet in the 90s.

By Earl J L

Nov 21, 2021

By Michael W

Nov 15, 2021

By Fatemeh N

Nov 24, 2021

It was very useful for me who did not have basic information in this area

By Lon A

Oct 28, 2021

Professor Harvey does a great job explaining the topic.