Back to Introduction to Dental Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Dental Medicine by University of Pennsylvania

The mouth is the window into human health. This course provides an overview of dental medicine to engage, educate, excite and assist you in improving the oral health of your patients and members of your community. We will review topics in dental medicine including scope of the field, what to expect in function, and some of the many ways that dysfunction may present for different patients. This will include discussions of mouth, jaw, and tooth anatomy, pathology, and treatment. We will talk about differences between patients and the unique roles that different members of the dental field may play in treatment depending on the patient and condition. This course starts from basic concepts and proceeds to review trends in current research and technology. We offer scientific background, some skills for patient evaluation and interview, and some suggestions for further learning for those interested in or involved in dental education....

GG

Feb 11, 2017

THE COURSE WAS AWESOME.IT HAS ALL THE NECCESSARY INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR A DENTIST TO REVIEW ALL WHAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT DENTAL SCHOOL LEVEL.I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MY TIME WHILE PURSUING THIS COURSE.

EN

Jun 29, 2020

As a dental student, I would like to say that the course contributed a lot to the beginning of my career. I will certainly recommend it to many of my friends. I am very grateful for this opportunity

26 - 50 of 211 Reviews for Introduction to Dental Medicine

By Iara H

Jun 13, 2020

Great course! As a Pre-Dental student, I believe this is amazing to get a good idea of what Dental school is like and to make sure that this is what I like. I loved it and would totally recommend it to everyone that is curious about Dentistry.

By Rosana M L R

Sep 09, 2018

These teachers are geniuses.

They really have to study hard for all those years. I never thought there was so much on the mouth, and so complex what there was.

The course opens our mind, and I believe it makes appreciate more our dentist.

By Maha A

Sep 17, 2019

This course was so helpful , exciting , gave me a total idea about dentistry , specialties and made my studying for dental medicine easier .

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to enroll for this course it was great step for me .

By Dominika S

Apr 18, 2020

I find this course very interesting. Everything was explained in simple, but comprehensive way. I didn't know almost anything about dentistry when I started and I didn't have to repeat any lesson to understand the topic. Great done.

By Chinnaya U

Oct 09, 2016

I absolutely loved this course! As someone who plans on going to dental school soon, this course was a great way to get my feet wet on a lot of topics. I definitely learned so much about dentistry that I had no idea about!

By Suzanne M F

Oct 02, 2016

Excellent class but A few spelling mistakes: fluoride/ flouride??

also grammar mistakes: affect/ effect;

is/are. Probably could be more challenging. I'm looking forward to the next class you make. Thanks so much

By Mohammad K B

Apr 28, 2020

I achieved a lot of knowledge! Its a wonderful course, Heartiest thanks to all stuff of coursera and All Honorable Teachers.Also thnx to Dr.Katherin Mam who gives Ans to our every Question. Love you all!

By Gaaurav G

Feb 11, 2017

By Edson C

Jun 29, 2020

By Brandon G

Jul 03, 2017

As a future dental student, this course taught me the basics and really gave me a broad insight into dentistry. I am very eager to learn everything taught here and more in dental school! Thank you!

By Maria A C

Oct 15, 2017

Wonderful course for anyone interested to explore the different specialties in dentistry and also is a great opportunity to increase your background knowledge of what dentistry is really about.

By Ajeet S B

Apr 02, 2020

Thorough knowledge of each and every aspect of dentistry specially how to rule out diagnosis and treatment accordingly.Special focus on orofacial pain and its diagnosis is really appreciable.

By Maria P B W

Apr 30, 2020

Thank you very much for this course. I learned a lot and it has helped me to refresh knowledge and gain new ones before restarting my dental studies that I had to pause for several years.

By Brianna Y C

Apr 06, 2020

Good overview of dentistry. As a primary care doc I feel like I have a better understanding of the dental profession, appropriate referrals, and expectation management for patient care.

By Tzvetan D

Sep 02, 2020

Excellent overview of the fundamentals of dentistry. This course gave me a great introduction into dental medicine and has helped me understand better the very basics from each module.

By Stacey A B

Jan 28, 2019

Thank you for this course :) it helps in upgrading my schooling as I have a medical office administration diploma and would help in pursing a job in the dentistry field. Amazing Course

By ISHA S

Jul 18, 2019

It's an excellent course for beginners and someone who wants an insight into the US educational system. Some critical points are discussed in this course which is generally overlooked

By Maelis L R

Jun 03, 2020

Loved the class! The quizzes in the videos were very useful to catch up the information. I feel more confident now in choosing the dental specialty I want to pursue in the future.

By Cindy L

Jun 05, 2020

A very thorough course that helped me learn more about the field that I am interested in! It was definitely a little bit difficult at some points but well worth the struggle.

By Syed

Apr 24, 2018

Thank you so much for offering this informative, modern course. The information this course has to offer is invaluable and a great asset to anyone interested in dentistry.

By Kailey S

I loved the learning process. I loved the specialized information. You can literally binge-watch all the videos if you want. Seamless navigation. Would highly recommend.

By José T F

Apr 02, 2020

A very complete course, that integrates all the information needed in order to understand and gain the necessary knowledge in order to become a health care professional.

By khaled a

Jun 11, 2017

awesome course that i highly recommend for dental students and also normal non-dental student thought they might find few difficulties in matching up with some terms :)

By CHARIS A P

Feb 10, 2019

Although the final quiz was quite challenging, i found the course over the past 7 weeks to be quite remarkable and fascinating, thank you for this unique experience

By Ana K V E

Nov 27, 2019

It was a very insightful course, I really liked how well explained it was, and the fact that the professors have real life experience with what they are teaching.