Back to Introduction to Dental Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Dental Medicine by University of Pennsylvania

The mouth is the window into human health. This course provides an overview of dental medicine to engage, educate, excite and assist you in improving the oral health of your patients and members of your community. We will review topics in dental medicine including scope of the field, what to expect in function, and some of the many ways that dysfunction may present for different patients. This will include discussions of mouth, jaw, and tooth anatomy, pathology, and treatment. We will talk about differences between patients and the unique roles that different members of the dental field may play in treatment depending on the patient and condition. This course starts from basic concepts and proceeds to review trends in current research and technology. We offer scientific background, some skills for patient evaluation and interview, and some suggestions for further learning for those interested in or involved in dental education....

EN
Jun 28, 2020

As a dental student, I would like to say that the course contributed a lot to the beginning of my career. I will certainly recommend it to many of my friends. I am very grateful for this opportunity

GG
Feb 10, 2017

THE COURSE WAS AWESOME.IT HAS ALL THE NECCESSARY INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR A DENTIST TO REVIEW ALL WHAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT DENTAL SCHOOL LEVEL.I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MY TIME WHILE PURSUING THIS COURSE.

76 - 100 of 268 Reviews for Introduction to Dental Medicine

By kobin l

Jun 1, 2020

Not easy, not hard, just right for me to understand my dental health, and after so many years ignorance.

Thanks so very much,

Best Regards,

By Liane C W C

great exposure to someone who has zero experience regarding the dental field! clear explanation and wide variety of real life examples.

By Luthfi A

Aug 13, 2021

T​his is a really good course, but often I found about unsynchronize audio volume in one and another lecture video--but it's all fine.

By Elif B

Nov 5, 2019

It is a very beneficial course for every dental student or dentists to overview and learn basic fundamental knowledge about dentistry.

By Dylan B

Jun 23, 2016

Excellent course for Pre-Dental students interested in learning fundamentals. I put it on my application for dental school this cycle.

By Gabriela V M

Jun 3, 2020

Absolutely magnificent! It enriched my passion for the dental field. Will definitely recommend it to any aspiring dental student

By Gaby S R

Nov 8, 2020

This course was very informative and I appreciate the input of every professor. This course was a big help for me. Thanks again

By Bianca G

Apr 26, 2018

It is a great course, if you are a dental student it helps you to refresh your knowledge, well explained , and great material.

By Giselle S

Mar 24, 2017

Objective course and well illustrated, many case examples. Excellent course and very well organized. Highly recommend!

By Sabri E

Dec 15, 2016

I like the way they try to give you all of the information ! I would totally recommend this to all of my friends!!

By Amir S

Sep 20, 2020

This course was phenomenal and I am glad I took part in completing it and receiving a certificate of completion.

By Ivethy D L R

Aug 21, 2020

As a pre-dental student, I really enjoyed taking this course. It was extremely informative and I learned a lot.

By Toluwalase A

Aug 12, 2020

Very informative, I learnt a lot that will help me.

I will now have a head-start when i join dental school !!

By Katherine G

Amazing. Learned so much & gained insight on my future career. Assured me that this is the right path for me!

By Pranav A

Dec 3, 2017

Such an amazing course with lots of description about our teeth. It does really go into each piece of depth.

By nina g

Sep 17, 2017

I am a future Dental Hygienist and it was really really helpful course for me. very informative! Thank you !

By Sarah L

Feb 28, 2017

A very interesting and enjoyable course. The lectures were very well presented and extremely easy to follow.

By GABRIELA D O R

Jul 12, 2020

Excelente curso. Gracias por la oportunidad!! Se que me será muy útil, para poder acceder a nuevos empleos.

By Alex N

Jun 8, 2020

I learned so much more than I expected. It was amazing to hear from such a variety of dental professionals.

By Helana M

You work on your pace and the quiz questions definitely give you a good review of the material you learn.

By Gerda K

Oct 23, 2018

Thank you! That course was amazing and fulled with infos, datas, pictures etc. I loved all lectures. :)

By Erica

Jul 2, 2016

One sentence that sums it all: "This is a MUST NEED for Pre-Dental Student." From, a Pre-Dental Student

By Ashley Z

Aug 13, 2020

Incredibly informative and presented in a manner that is not only interesting but also digestible!

By Iqra A

Aug 2, 2020

Such a nice course & well structured course! I learned so much about dentistry and patient care.