Back to Introduction to Dental Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Dental Medicine by University of Pennsylvania

The mouth is the window into human health. This course provides an overview of dental medicine to engage, educate, excite and assist you in improving the oral health of your patients and members of your community. We will review topics in dental medicine including scope of the field, what to expect in function, and some of the many ways that dysfunction may present for different patients. This will include discussions of mouth, jaw, and tooth anatomy, pathology, and treatment. We will talk about differences between patients and the unique roles that different members of the dental field may play in treatment depending on the patient and condition. This course starts from basic concepts and proceeds to review trends in current research and technology. We offer scientific background, some skills for patient evaluation and interview, and some suggestions for further learning for those interested in or involved in dental education....

EN

Jun 29, 2020

As a dental student, I would like to say that the course contributed a lot to the beginning of my career. I will certainly recommend it to many of my friends. I am very grateful for this opportunity

GG

Feb 11, 2017

THE COURSE WAS AWESOME.IT HAS ALL THE NECCESSARY INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR A DENTIST TO REVIEW ALL WHAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT DENTAL SCHOOL LEVEL.I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MY TIME WHILE PURSUING THIS COURSE.

176 - 200 of 213 Reviews for Introduction to Dental Medicine

Apr 06, 2020

💕💕

By JUSTIN G M

May 31, 2016

good

By 송종근

Dec 15, 2016

go

By DR O E V P

Dec 06, 2018

j

By Mina A H L

Aug 23, 2019

The content of this course is very useful and effective in our career. However, It can be updated with more clinical videos related to the dental specialties that illustrate the steps to be performed in each dental treatment. Finally, i'm very grateful to your great efforts and the scientific material you provided us.

By Mikaela R A

Sep 05, 2016

This course is insightful into potential careers with dentistry and helpful in gaining an understanding of teeth and dental practices. As a Qualified Equine Dental Technician I can also recommend this course to any Veterinarians and para professionals wanting to further their knowledge in the world of Dentistry.

By Saad F

Jun 01, 2020

I learned very much from this course. However, I believe that the Final Exam should have a type of study guide to help students in learning have confidence. This course is good for those who are interested in having a dental career.

By Portia N

Jun 14, 2020

I am only 16, and yet I was able to complete this course with ease. Its great for if you want an insite into Dentistry. I would really recommed it, I thoroughly enjoyed the content.

By Mohammad I C

Really helped me a lot in learning the basics of dental medicine. Thanks to coursera and learned experts of dental medicine to organize such courses.

By Latika b

Sep 07, 2020

Very informative course... i had gained much knowledge regarding oral health.....thanks to the teachers and practitioners of oral health .

By Dr. S S

Jul 02, 2020

one can also add everyday pharmacology related to dentistry. overall a very summarised introduction and helps revising basics.

By Neha M

Sep 10, 2016

It is quite helpful for everyone but for professionals it is superficial and I wanted it to be more explanatory with examples.

By Suellen G

Aug 12, 2020

Avaliei em 4 estrelas, pois não era sempre que tinha legenda em português o que dificultou um pouco ao meu ver.

By Ilse A T

Jan 15, 2020

The last 2 chapters or weeks are very long, at some point it became boring and mentally exhausting.

By Mahak S

Jun 25, 2019

Thank you for such great course ...it really enhanced my knowledge and interest towards dentistry

By Mohamed a m a

Jan 04, 2019

great effort, thanks very much i hope there will be advanced course for dental professionals

By Tala A

Sep 16, 2017

I wish they had more exciting information. It was basically a revision to everything I took.