Back to Diabetes – the Essential Facts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Diabetes – the Essential Facts by University of Copenhagen

Across the world more than 420 million people are living with diabetes. Two thirds of these have not yet been diagnosed. When discovered late or managed incorrectly, diabetes can damage your heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys, and nerves, leading to disability and premature death. In fact, more people are dying of diabetes related diseases than of diseases as HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined. This course will provide you with an introduction to the most recent research in the field of prevention and treatment of diabetes as well as a broader understanding of the situation in different communities, rich and poor, across the world, where diabetes threatens public health. What kind of disease is diabetes, who has it, and who is at risk of getting it? And what are the roles of medicine, exercise and nutrition when trying to prevent, delay or treat diabetes? During the course you will meet researchers and experts from Imperial College London, Emory University in Atlanta, Steno Diabetes Center in Copenhagen as well as the School of Global Health and the Center for Basic Metabolic Research at the University of Copenhagen. They work with very different aspects of diabetes, from microbiology to global public health, but what ties them together is the belief that it is a global responsibility to combat diabetes, and this fight can only be won through new knowledge and global collaboration. We hope you will join us in the course and equip yourself to take part in the ongoing discussions of this truly global and individual health challenge. This course is also part of the EIT Health programme....

OB
Oct 4, 2020

Only thing not furnished that is fasting glucose and pp glucose ranging should be furnished. And also the glucose tolerance test result and Hb1AC test result ranges to be discussed during the course.

LL
Dec 6, 2017

This was an awesome short course which I would recommend to anyone who is interested in diabetes or other chronic diseases. I learned a lot about different ways you could possibly prevent diabetes.

351 - 375 of 407 Reviews for Diabetes – the Essential Facts

By Daniel A D

Mar 23, 2017

I

By CARLOS R A H

Apr 26, 2021

The course was very informative about diabetes as a whole, and involved a lot of people that are very well prepared in the topic. What I didn't like, however, was the fact that lectures were way too long. I think they couldbe shortened into smaller videos. Also, I, as a type 1 diabetic, would like to know more about type one, but this course revolves mostly around type 2.

By Delphine L

Sep 15, 2020

Very good introduction to what Diabetes is and how it is becoming a growing issue in the world. Strong focus on the power of healthy diet and exercise to reduce the risk of Diabetes Type 2. Showcased a lot of research and experts in the field and made for a strong impact in raising awareness of the issues and the potential solutions available to all of us.

By Augusto M

May 15, 2018

"Diabetes - the Essential Facts" is a great source of information for those particularly interested in the field. Current research, experts' opinion and global epidemiology discussion (all provided in an interactive fashion, quick pace). Nevertheless, I personally think it was lacking some discussion over clinical points - I am a medical student.

By Maimouna J R

Jun 23, 2021

I would like to thank all the researchers, professors, doctors and others involved in this course. I would like to thank Coursera for providing me with an opportunity to gain more knowledge on an often neglected major issue "diabetes". I would love to explore and learn more on various subjects.

Thank you once again.

By Alison H

Nov 22, 2020

This is a great introductory course for diabetes. I would recommend everyone to take this course. This course taught me a lot more about diabetes than I had previously known. It has really changed my perspective on diabetes and diabetics.

By Zeitel B

Mar 4, 2021

Very informational , yet at times the speakers were dry and not very interesting to listen too. which sometimes made it extra hard to actually retain the material. Loved that last assignment.

By Danielle W

May 30, 2017

Great course overall. Assignments were simple and speakers were easy to follow. Last assignment asked for more than what the class addressed, but was thought provoking.

By Nimra I

May 20, 2019

It is a very nice and informative course through which I learnt alot of things.. Lectures and assignments are bety easy and helpful to understand the diabetes.. :)

By Nilam s

It was really good. All the professor were doing great work. The way they explain about diabetes was so geartfull. Thankyou so much for this knowledge..

By UPINDERJEET S

Apr 15, 2019

GOOD COURSE ESPECIALLY AT MAKING UNDERSTANDING OF THE DIABETES TYPE-2. BUT THE COURSE IS UNABLE TO ADDRESS TYPE -1 DIABETES ISSUES.

By Savitha S

This was an excellent course with a lot of information and it will definitely help to my knowledge about diabetes. Thanks,

By Muskan k

Apr 22, 2020

4 star because it assembled all the different facts and figure from non approachable area and enjoyed learning .

By Prashastha g

This course is really nice i have many things how to prevent from getting diabetes how to have healthy diet

By Lina

Sep 18, 2020

Very informative with regards to diabetes in poorer nations. Less informative on diabetes in the US.

By Masud P S

This course is beautiful and well decorated. You may enrich your resources with updated information.

By Anna E

Jan 31, 2018

Good, informative course. Some overlaps in presented content, but nice with different presentors

By René L

Mar 2, 2018

Nice course, I leaned some interesting things, but I'd love to see more about Type 1 Diabetes

By Âť!Q ù Ř

Aug 10, 2020

Couse was very beneficial. It helps me a lot to improve my knowledge about diabetes.

By Dinesh B S

Feb 13, 2019

very informative but its ignorant of the fasting treatment available by jason fung

By Md. M H

Sep 21, 2021

The session was good & informative but less discussion remain on drug & medicine.

By Shane O

Jun 23, 2018

This course was very instructive and helpful to my understanding of the

By Yasmin C

Oct 27, 2021

I think this class Gave me new facts about how diabetes happen

By delphia 9

Sep 24, 2020

Thank you all organizers for very informative sessions

By Reetesh S

Sep 18, 2020

The course is very nice but where is the certificate