Back to Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. Students will learn to identify the web analytic tool right for their specific needs; understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web; and utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations or clients. Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice is the second in a two-part series of complementary courses and focuses on the skills and practical abilities analysts need to be successful in today's digital business world. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

JJ
Aug 7, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyable "journey" for this course. The syllabus was great, very well structured, thus easy to follow. Each module, including honors, can easily be completed in a day if you have the time.

TC
Aug 31, 2020

thoroughly enjoyed the course. A big thanks to Instructor Kevin hartman for this perfectly organized course. Materials were on point and easy to understand. Got entirely new observations on analytics.

376 - 400 of 609 Reviews for Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice

Nov 26, 2015

U

By Hannah F

Dec 13, 2015

It would be helpful if the reading materials had recommended chapters from the textbook that we were asked to download. While it it helpful to have the text book the course is entirely passable without the use of the text, what I caused for me is heavy reliance on the videos and recommended reading material because it consumed less time but then I still feel that there is a bit more I could have learnt. So I suggest using chapters from the recommended text book as well to broaden the knowledge of students who are quite new to Digital Analytics like myself.

By Lachlan B

Oct 4, 2017

This provided a very good framework for marketing analytics. Not intended to be a deep dive into R programming or statistical theory, but if you have such abilities already or are willing to invest into the deeper study of these and related skills then again, this provides a great framework within which to apply such skills. If you already have relevant technical/analytical skills then this will really help you, as the course title says, put them into practice in a professional setting.

By Harolyn A

Oct 10, 2018

I was interested on Analytics, but not that much because I have my tendency to be atracted to creativity, and I used to think that were two different worlds. Thanks to this course now I enjoy even planning a research, but obiously more creating the report.

The professor is clear, and the lectures and offered reading are pretty usefull, it does not matter what you work.

You will enjoy it and can take a lot of advantage, specially improving your reports.

By alfonso b

Aug 4, 2019

A much better course than the previous. Material is well selected, but extremely wide in contents. It is difficult to cover most concepts given because a lot more appears through the course comments.

There is even an R and Tableau use and demonstration in middle of Lesson 6, but it should be programmed, So that we can follow it in our computers, until now I have downloaded all R packages but is impossible to understand why I had done that.

By Gustavo S d S

Jun 27, 2017

Valuable course for those who want to know more about Digital Marketing and data analysis, webscraping and related subjects.

However the course just presents the steps you need to take, in order to accomplish your results, actually it doesn't show you how to retrieve data using RStudio, Tableau or any other data analysis software, so it is a "Theoretical Practice" and it's recommended that you have some background on Digital Marketing.

By Judith V

Apr 3, 2020

Very informative and helpful class with some great resources referenced that I will definitely go back to often. I think some of the supplemental reading should be listed as required. As this was my first Coursera class it took me a bit of time to understand the peer-review component of the assignments, which required a bit of nudging to get complete. Overall, a good class and will be a great help in my next career role.

By Karen H

Jul 3, 2016

I preferred the third course that emphasized practical application in the specialization over the second course that was mostly theory. The assignments were geared to engage your insights / ideas about what you know and/or are learning about real-life projects. Although it still only scratches the surface, I liked the ability to apply some of the assignments to a company with which I've been working.