Back to Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course builds on the theory and foundations of marketing analytics and focuses on practical application by demystifying the use of data in marketing and helping you realize the power of visualizing data with artful use of numbers found in the digital space. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

OA

Mar 01, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

AS

Apr 13, 2018

Very well delivered content - having the slides to review ahead of the videos was very beneficial and I found the readings were very to the point in support of the content being delivered.

251 - 275 of 440 Reviews for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

By Eman K A H

Nov 26, 2015

U

By Hannah F

Dec 13, 2015

It would be helpful if the reading materials had recommended chapters from the textbook that we were asked to download. While it it helpful to have the text book the course is entirely passable without the use of the text, what I caused for me is heavy reliance on the videos and recommended reading material because it consumed less time but then I still feel that there is a bit more I could have learnt. So I suggest using chapters from the recommended text book as well to broaden the knowledge of students who are quite new to Digital Analytics like myself.

By Lachlan B

Oct 04, 2017

This provided a very good framework for marketing analytics. Not intended to be a deep dive into R programming or statistical theory, but if you have such abilities already or are willing to invest into the deeper study of these and related skills then again, this provides a great framework within which to apply such skills. If you already have relevant technical/analytical skills then this will really help you, as the course title says, put them into practice in a professional setting.

By Harolyn A

Oct 10, 2018

I was interested on Analytics, but not that much because I have my tendency to be atracted to creativity, and I used to think that were two different worlds. Thanks to this course now I enjoy even planning a research, but obiously more creating the report.

The professor is clear, and the lectures and offered reading are pretty usefull, it does not matter what you work.

You will enjoy it and can take a lot of advantage, specially improving your reports.

By alfonso b

Aug 04, 2019

A much better course than the previous. Material is well selected, but extremely wide in contents. It is difficult to cover most concepts given because a lot more appears through the course comments.

There is even an R and Tableau use and demonstration in middle of Lesson 6, but it should be programmed, So that we can follow it in our computers, until now I have downloaded all R packages but is impossible to understand why I had done that.

By Gustavo S d S

Jun 27, 2017

Valuable course for those who want to know more about Digital Marketing and data analysis, webscraping and related subjects.

However the course just presents the steps you need to take, in order to accomplish your results, actually it doesn't show you how to retrieve data using RStudio, Tableau or any other data analysis software, so it is a "Theoretical Practice" and it's recommended that you have some background on Digital Marketing.

By Judith V

Apr 03, 2020

Very informative and helpful class with some great resources referenced that I will definitely go back to often. I think some of the supplemental reading should be listed as required. As this was my first Coursera class it took me a bit of time to understand the peer-review component of the assignments, which required a bit of nudging to get complete. Overall, a good class and will be a great help in my next career role.

By Karen H

Jul 03, 2016

I preferred the third course that emphasized practical application in the specialization over the second course that was mostly theory. The assignments were geared to engage your insights / ideas about what you know and/or are learning about real-life projects. Although it still only scratches the surface, I liked the ability to apply some of the assignments to a company with which I've been working.

By Diego P

Feb 11, 2016

Excelente Curso que contiene los conceptos y las herramientas de estrategias para el mundo digital, ahora se como usar mejor los análisis y los datos para dirigir y mejorar la comunicación en el mundo digital.

Puse 4 estrellas, porque tiene contenido y slides repetidos del curso anterior, creo que no habría necesidad de eso pues el curso es una continuación del anterior.

By Sofia P

Jan 29, 2017

The course content is very valuable to any digital marketing practitioner, but the reason I am rating it as 4/5 is that there was basically no "In practice" part. All assignments were along the lines of "discuss this," which might be OK to make us think, but analytics is so much about doing I missed having a chunk of data thrown at me to see what I can find.

By Alicia G

Aug 14, 2017

This was a fairly good course, however I don't feel like I walked away learning much more than I already knew. I think I was expecting some more detailed instruction on how to perform specific analyses, and this course was quite general. The best part was the fourth module that talked about data visualization, which I did actually find super helpful!

By Mingyuan C

Feb 24, 2018

This course gives a guide line and an introduction of Marketing Analysis, and illustrates on four parts: plan, collect, analyze and report. It also instructed the right mindset of marketing analysis. But the real technical analysis part out of the scope of this course. Overall, it's a good course for you to get to know about Marketing Analysis.