Back to Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course builds on the theory and foundations of marketing analytics and focuses on practical application by demystifying the use of data in marketing and helping you realize the power of visualizing data with artful use of numbers found in the digital space. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

OA

Mar 01, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I liked the professor's teaching style as well as the materials the course provided. All the knowledge I've got from the course helps me when I do research online.

AS

Apr 13, 2018

Very well delivered content - having the slides to review ahead of the videos was very beneficial and I found the readings were very to the point in support of the content being delivered.

276 - 300 of 439 Reviews for Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice

By Sergei S

Oct 03, 2015

Great course. Like the slides and the way it structured. It could be broader if not so Google centralized and more international. For example in Russia there is Yandex.ru (ya.com) which controls 75% of search market and in China there is Baidu and others and no Google and Facebook. These questions is not highlighted in the course.

By Christina C

Sep 27, 2016

Great course with useful tips and organized materials. However, some of the materials (recommended tools, hyperlinks, etc) are outdated so it would be great if they can refresh them. Also, the in-course quizzes are too easy to the point it seemed quite stupid - please include more meaningful questions in the in-video quizzes.

By Marvin V

Sep 27, 2016

Overall it was a good course but the only thing I would recommend is relating with the assignments. What I saw in almost all the assignments we should have had experience on the work to do them. But since not everybody has that experience it would be nice to think even for beginners as well.

By Heinz D

Jul 09, 2019

It's an interesting course, and Prof. Hartman again uses a clear and distingt language. Yet I expected a little bit more practice here in sense of creation of simple visualizations using R or being confronted with data visualizations and deciding what could be done better here.

By Sandra O M G

Oct 25, 2016

Very good course. Interesting content, great suggested readings, well explained lectures. I have no previous knowledge about the subject and I have learnt a lot about Marketing Analytics in both course Marketing Analytics in Theory and In Practice.

By Reber E J

Feb 18, 2018

Gave a useful insight in digital analytics. However, it is mainly an overview and will require more individual work or other courses to turn this course into a valuable one - in particular is digital analytics is the are you want to focus on.

By Adnan K

Nov 16, 2019

this course is quite helpful in learning the tools and best way to apply them in real-time situations. The course content needs to be updated I found a few expired links in course content. Overall I am happy with the learning outcome.

By Eleni R

Sep 28, 2016

I stongly recommend this course if you are working in a marketing department. The only reason I give 4 stars is because I would like more recent extra material. Instructor Kevin Hartman is great and clearly passionate about his job.

By George T

Mar 01, 2020

This course gives the students the basic concepts of the digital marketing analytical tools. Even there is no chance to practice in the class, the students can find the resources to learn these tools and apply it in the business.

By Ryan H

Jul 24, 2019

Waiting for others to submit work or grade your work is more time consuming than the course itself. Theres a question I was possibly wrong about, or others were wrong and graded mine as wrong when I was right? Ill never know!

By Fereydoon G

Feb 20, 2019

As it has said in the course, there is not any technical stuff here.

I personally enjoyed it because of the new material I learned about marketing, analytics and research.

Take the other analytics course for better insight.

By Christophe J

Feb 09, 2016

Very interesting course with clean slides and good understanding of the key concepts. A bit more "practice" would have been better, but I still highly recommend this course for a basic knowledge in digital marketing.

By Julia W

Jan 14, 2020

Some of the articles linked are outdated and not even exist on the linked pages ;) But generally, the course was full of helpful informations and more practical than other courses I took.

By Daniel K

Dec 14, 2019

Learned a whole lot about Digital Analytics in Marketing. An even more practical application of the knowledge gathered would have been even better though (as implied by the course title).

By Camilo A R

Jun 20, 2016

If you want to understand the context, use and possible tools to manage digital marketing understanding the importance of data in this process, this is the course you should apply for.

By Maxime

Sep 21, 2015

It was an interesting overview and a good in-depth method of managing a digital marketing project. I wish there would have been more statistical insight and data analysis exercice.

By Serban S

Mar 14, 2016

Good course overall. I gave it only four stars because I expected it to be more practical and more hands-on analysis to do for assignments, instead of just discussing things.

By Yash D

Oct 16, 2015

Since this course is about practice, more impetus should be given on practising the concepts. The concepts should have been taught in 'Marketing Analytics in Theory' course.

By Maria A L

Feb 15, 2018

For me it was amazing to learn about Visualization. I had never thought of how important is to find the appropriate charts to represent insights that talk by themselves

By Alok K

Oct 09, 2019

I found this valuable both in terms of the aspects of Marketing but also the elements of critical thinking and communication which in my view are equally important.

By Jee L

Apr 26, 2018

This course is a good course to learn some basic theory about marketing analysis process. Maybe not so practical but it's very friendly to the beginner.

By Carlos A A

Feb 24, 2016

I think this module should have included a bit more stories just like the first module of this specialization to make it more compelling and engaging.

By Eugene T

Feb 16, 2016

Interesting course with great insights on web analytics. It will be good if there were some assignments where we could execute some analytics concepts

By Marcus U

Oct 19, 2017

This course it is good if you are looking to see the big picture, but if you are looking something more in deep this is not the right course for you

By Thiện L

Feb 22, 2016

This course is acceptable for basic practices. Highly recommended for those who want to take first dip into the Marketing Analytics world.