Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

76 - 100 of 497 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Tamara V

Apr 25, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course and learning some things about dinosaurs. As a non-native english speaker it was a little difficult sometime to understand everything but the transcript of the video's were very helpful! If i had to change anything i would split up the first chapter, it was a lot of information!

By William F M

Mar 31, 2019

I thought the course provided an excellent introduction to Dinosaurs and subjects related to the study of Paleobiology. Materials were well put-together to dovetail with the instructional videos. Overall an excellent course for those of us interested in this subject and with little background or prior knowledge.

By Anya G

Mar 31, 2017

Thank you to all the instructors for putting together a very educational course!!! :) i enjoyed every lecture and have learned a great deal (my childhood dream of becoming a paleontologist (or at least as close to one as possible) has almost come true! :) Hope to continue learning in further paleontology courses.

By Keshav G

May 05, 2020

Dinosaurs are fascinating creatures and this course was very amazing in all ways. I love dinosaurs and by doing this course I had the chance to look at them with a greater understanding. Miss Betsy and Professor Currie are my new favourite teachers. Thank you so much, Coursera and the University of Alberta...

By Clare D

Great course! Well paced and a good level with some very technical data in amongst more basic information.

I've really enjoyed this and look forward to booking a visit to Alberta Museum and Dinosaur Provincial Park froom the UK sometime in the future to find my own dinosaur fossils.

Many, many thanks, Clare.

By Trista

Feb 13, 2019

I enjoyed this course. My sons are fascinated with dinosaurs. I took this course to help me to answer their questions. The videos and reading assignments were fun and informative. I enjoyed the extra reading assignments and the videos as well. Thank you so much for making this course available online!

By Parker T

May 06, 2020

This course is great for beginners! I'm not a beginner but this is my first online course. It was great to take what I already know and apply it to a platform I'm learning. The videos are very entertaining. The Fossil Viewer and Interactive Geologic Time Scale are amazing! Definitely a 5-Star course!

By Eudald S

Oct 05, 2017

Excelent course, I had the opportunity to learn all about dinosaurs, and after finishing it, i want to continue with the other courses that the university of Alberta offers. Thank you all for this great way to learn and specially to Betsy, who gives the information in a great way to be understood.

By Kati U

May 07, 2020

This course was so incredible. Not only was it easy to follow and full of incredible knowledge, it may have just changed the course of my life. I am so excited to learn more, and this class is what has sparked the creative paleontology and geology curiosity inside of me. I am eternally grateful.

By Isabella S

A fantastic, fun, and fascinating course that I enjoyed every step off. It was challenging but not overwhelming and the videos and notes were interesting to read, with brilliant instructors. This course allowed me to fulfil my childhood dream of studying dinosaurs and I am immensely grateful.

By Richard E

Oct 25, 2019

I was torn between 4 and 5 stars. The content is excellent as ar the provided references. The presenters clearly know their subject matter and are excellent communicators.

Work is needed to go back and debug all of the English transcripts which are loaded with miswordings and misspellings.

By Nicole L

Apr 09, 2020

Really enjoyed it and am very glad something like this is accessible to everyone. Thank you! Minor bug, please give more time on the interactive questions in the videos before switching to the screen with answer options. Some need you to be able to look at the picture longer. Thanks again!

By Giles S

Jun 11, 2018

This course was very educational, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I learned a lot about dinosaurs not only from the videos each week, but also from the handout PDFs. Looking forward to studying paleobiology in the future, possibly at the U of A! Thank you for providing this great online course!

By Steve B

Oct 07, 2019

An excellent overview presented in a very accessible way by a very enthusiastic team.

Totally coincidentally I visited the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Alberta in the month before I started this course. To see the museum and its specimens used to present this course was just amazing.

Many thanks!

By Phillip W R

Aug 04, 2017

This was a fantastic course! It really opened my eyes about a lot of misconceptions I had about dinosaurs. I really liked how the course emphasized not only dinosaur behavior and anatomy, but they also focused on putting dinosaurs in an evolutionary, ecological, and geographical context.

By Andres F

Oct 10, 2018

Excellent course! I liked the last reflexive thought: We, the society, should guide our efforts in protect and conserve species in danger and propose practical solutions to solve the contamination problem and the greenhouse effect, instead of trying to resurrect ancient extinct species.

By Jaime E A G

Jul 18, 2017

Sincerely this is the best introductory Dinosaur Paleobiology course since Paleoworld of Discovery channel. The retrospective and prospective methodology of the course, the real specimens of fossils of UOA and field work of a paleontologist are the fortress of DINO 101. Thanks so much!

By Jonathan M

Oct 27, 2016

A serious, attractive and well done MOOC. Big thanks to Mr Curry and his whole team for sharing knowledges in Paleonthology with people interested in. I really enjoyed learning those courses, which deal with many topics, give the basics and more about new discoveries. Best whishes !

By Andrew D s

Mar 26, 2020

Was a very detailed and educational course, it debunked a lot of theories, and it explained things in great detail, I have always considered myself an “arm chair” dinosaur expert, but this class opened my eyes to a great many things,. Awesome class, awesome instructors/teachers.

By Anirban D

Jan 17, 2019

So far this course has really helped me a lot. Everyday I am learning something new and exciting and I really appreciate the effort put through by the instructors to help us get familiar with the aspects of paleontology. Looking forward to the rest of the contents of the course.

By Angel G B R

Apr 09, 2020

Es un gran curso básico de introducción al conocimiento sobre diversos aspectos, principalmente sobre paleobiología de dinosaurios, pero también sobre aspectos básicos de biología, geología, que cualquier interesado en los dinosaurios, debería tomar para conocer un poco más.

By James M

May 25, 2017

this was the best course ever to take and I learned a lot more about the history and study of how dinosaurs behaved how they adapted and how they lived and I love this course I have been into dinosaurs since I was a toddler also Philip and Betsey are the best paleontologist

By Sarthak J

May 22, 2020

The explanation is excellent. Field visits and showing fossils in the lectures were really interesting & I enjoyed the site aswell. Thanks to the Professors of the course, I will personally send email after couple of days once I get the certificate. Thanks to entire team !

By Jasper S

Dec 19, 2018

This course was absolutely fantastic! It taught me so much about dinosaurs and about biology that I didn't know before. My background is in Analytical Chemistry, so it was really great and exciting to learn about something I'd never really gone that in depth with before!