Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

126 - 150 of 339 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Hamilton J S

Sep 25, 2017

Loved this course, learned so much new stuff about dinosaurs!

By Victoria C L

Nov 18, 2016

This class does EVERYTHING right! I am a course designer (the world is full of junk courses, including from Princeton, shudder) and I love, love, love this entire sequence, but especially this course. The flow is logical, the questions in the video ask you to think but aren't too far (they are scaffolded) away from what we might know or guess, the final questions are fair. And you don't use 5 new tech terms in the same sentence; you let us absorb the new info at the rate that the human brain can actually learn. I learned a few things just by watching you. A lot of credit to Dr. Currie for some of this: he uses the terms that need to be used, and plain English for common things like "river" (another class' Waterloo). Bravo to the gents and brava to the wonderful presenter. I just wish you had the budget for another 15 classes.... sigh.

By Debbie A

Sep 18, 2016

Super interesting and educational! Would recomend this course strongly, it was interesting to study about how to know where fossils are from, how to know what animals belong to what group etc.

By sueg

Dec 18, 2016

very interesting 2nd course I have taken with Alberta

By Donald J M

Apr 21, 2017

Excellent: presentation, content, resources. Fascinating as well as highly instructive.

By Juan P G M

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent course!! I really enjoy the material! congratulations for the entire team! Thank you from Colombia!

By Tamás L

Mar 17, 2018

Thanks a lot for this excellent course!

By Nancy C

Mar 09, 2018

I enjoyed this course...but where is the forum?

By Faith V

Dec 03, 2016

I LOVED taking this course! I've learned so much! I can't wait to take the additional courses available on this subject!

By Kazunori M

Nov 30, 2016

It was a great course and enjoyable to learn lots. Thank you!

By Andrew

Dec 05, 2016

Interactive, thorough, and interesting.

By Alex P

May 28, 2018

A most informative, interesting, understandable course!

I must confess that I studied Biology and Geology (B.sc) and yet I had real fun refreshing what I know and learn new thing.

I am an english speaker, but it is not my first language, yet I understood everything, the speech was very clear and the PDFs for each class help.

Overall, a wonderfull course.

By Yves S

Jul 09, 2017

Great intro on Dinosaurs - very complete and up to date with current knowledge - a must see & follow for every enthousiast!

By Ana M I

Apr 24, 2018

An amazing course taught by great professionals. I really liked it and I strongly recommend it.

By Tânia G M

Feb 21, 2018

Thank you very much for the opportunity to learn about dinossaurs and about the Earth's history.

By Sylvia H

Jul 20, 2017

great course design. Funny and educational. It gives me deeper understanding on Dinosaur,not just a Monster in Mesozoic.

By Ricardo A

Jun 11, 2018

I tend to read as much as I can about dinosaurs in science journals and I consider myself knowledgeable in this matter. I was dead wrong. This course really opened my eyes and gave me a better grounding in the subject matter. This is a very good course.

By Meghan R

Sep 04, 2017

I

By Shepard F

Aug 12, 2017

A wonderful, in-depth yet not overwhelming intro course for anyone interested in paleontology!

By Phillip W R

Aug 04, 2017

This was a fantastic course! It really opened my eyes about a lot of misconceptions I had about dinosaurs. I really liked how the course emphasized not only dinosaur behavior and anatomy, but they also focused on putting dinosaurs in an evolutionary, ecological, and geographical context.

By Kees v H

Nov 24, 2016

The (near) Perfect Course for me.

Uptill now I was not especially interested in Dinosaurs, but as amateur Palaeontologist I was looking for a Course Palaeontology that suits my special interest: Pleistocene Mammals.

But this Course Dinosaurs Palaeobiology offers so much more than Dinosaurs and many of the toppics are useful for other species too, such as:

Death and Fossilisation; Eating; Moving around; Birth, Growth and Reproduction; Attack and Defence; What is a Species; Evolution; Stratigraphy and Geologic Times and Paleogeography and Plate Tectonics.

I have studied the Lessons with great pleasure and I learned a lot thanks to the clear explanations of Dr. Philip Currie and Mrs Betsy Kruk. The Course is very well composed with PDF for reading, Video for watching and interactive media for doing exercises. The quiz at the end of each lesson was also good and easy to answer after studying the lesson and handles more about understanding the content than reproduce endless lists of difficult names.

Now I am studying the last 2 chapters and I can say that I have learnt a lot, thanks to Dr. Currie and Mrs Kruk and I am looking forward already for other Courses of the University of Alberta. Probably Early Vertebrate Evolution will be next and Marine Vertebrates after that.

By Nick S

Dec 08, 2016

I loved this course and I am definitely going to be a paleontologist, I love dinosaurs. FIVE STARS!

By Stephen J A

Mar 31, 2017

Great course, so interesting, I learned so much. It is presented well and helps you to be methodical and taught me to analyse with a new perspective. I find I am now able to understand better the scientific papers that are published. It is such a shame that it is over, but Intend to continue with my studies. The additional material at the end of each lesson is a great idea which causes you to research even more. If you have an interest in these fantastic creatures, how they came to be and why they disappeared, apart from the birds of course, then this is the course for you and you don't have to have a degree to complete this course, just an enquiring mind. S. ATKINS

By Scott Y

Nov 24, 2017

Extremely well planned and executed. Good for learners of all backgrounds

By andrea s

Apr 06, 2017

Really great teaching and use of wonderful tools to reinforce and assist with learning. Would enjoy doing more courses with Betsy and Phillip. Thank you for taking the time to put this material together and thanks for the brilliant presentations.