Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH
Apr 5, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

PM
Oct 17, 2020

Even as a dinosaur nerd, I still learned a lot. Instructional videos with embedded quizzes were very well constructed. I'm just a bit bummed that I couldn't access the fossil viewer for some reason.

176 - 200 of 883 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Andrew D s

Mar 26, 2020

Was a very detailed and educational course, it debunked a lot of theories, and it explained things in great detail, I have always considered myself an “arm chair” dinosaur expert, but this class opened my eyes to a great many things,. Awesome class, awesome instructors/teachers.

By Anirban D

Jan 17, 2019

So far this course has really helped me a lot. Everyday I am learning something new and exciting and I really appreciate the effort put through by the instructors to help us get familiar with the aspects of paleontology. Looking forward to the rest of the contents of the course.

By Lucas G M

Jul 14, 2020

The entire course was utterly amazing. From beggining to end, it does not fail in bringing interesting facts about not only the dinossaurs themselves, but the land and ecossystems they used to live. I strong recommend this course to Dinos addicts and/or paleontology beginners

By Angel G B R

Apr 8, 2020

Es un gran curso básico de introducción al conocimiento sobre diversos aspectos, principalmente sobre paleobiología de dinosaurios, pero también sobre aspectos básicos de biología, geología, que cualquier interesado en los dinosaurios, debería tomar para conocer un poco más.

By James M

May 25, 2017

this was the best course ever to take and I learned a lot more about the history and study of how dinosaurs behaved how they adapted and how they lived and I love this course I have been into dinosaurs since I was a toddler also Philip and Betsey are the best paleontologist

By Sarthak J

May 22, 2020

The explanation is excellent. Field visits and showing fossils in the lectures were really interesting & I enjoyed the site aswell. Thanks to the Professors of the course, I will personally send email after couple of days once I get the certificate. Thanks to entire team !

By Evelyn L

Apr 13, 2021

This course was terrific! I've always been fascinated with dinosaurs so was really looking forward to learning more about them. The course was very well planned and logical. The presenters and actual presentations were top-notch. I have learned so much in these 12 weeks!

By Rachel D

I loved the course! Dinosaurs have fascinated me for decades and learning more about them and their time periods was a great way to expand my knowledge. All of the presenters were great and the content is easy to follow even if you know bits and pieces once you begin it.

By Jasper S

Dec 19, 2018

This course was absolutely fantastic! It taught me so much about dinosaurs and about biology that I didn't know before. My background is in Analytical Chemistry, so it was really great and exciting to learn about something I'd never really gone that in depth with before!

By Travis L

Feb 19, 2021

A great introduction to the world of Dinosaurs. I would recommend this course to not only beginners but intermediates to cement that base understanding of the fundamentals. I particularly liked how the readings and videos overlap to make each other easier to understand.

By Niamh B

Feb 1, 2021

very In-depth and provide so many Invaluable resources and lecture notes. The structure of the lectures with quizzes part way through and tests at the end of each module Is very effective. The ability to download In advance all the modules notes Is very beneficial also.

By Megan B

Jul 22, 2020

I was very happy with the contents of this course. I learned a lot of new things and developed a higher appreciation for the hard work involved in researching dinosaurs and their habits. I truly enjoyed learning the content as it was both interesting and well explained.

By Jessica B

Jun 27, 2018

LOVED THIS COURSE! This is my first and only completed course on Coursera! I signed up because of my recent obsession with dinosaurs and the course was so fun and informative I finished everything way before my due date! Can't wait to visit Dinosaur Provincial Park now!

By Sanjay U

Dec 24, 2017

I wanted to know about the dinosaur since my childhood. When I saw the Jurassic Park in 1995, since then i was fascinated by them and wanted to become a Palaeontologist. So, I found this Dino 101 course on Coursera, i was much happy to enroll myself into this course.

By Juan F S

Oct 22, 2020

El mejor curso de la plataforma. Los profesionales sin duda están sumamente preparados para sintetizar la información de manera que cualquier apasionado de la paleontología, aunque no posea estudios formales en el área, sea capaz de comprender todo el contenido.

By David G

Aug 1, 2020

Dino 101 is an outstanding, informative and entertaining course about dinosaurs! I really appreciated the enthusiasm and joy that the instructors displayed throughout the course. Thanks so much for such a great learning experience. I wish you all of the best.

By DC

Jun 13, 2018

Truly exceptional course, quite possibly the best MOOC I've done (I've done about 15). At least top 2 or 3. I really appreciate all the hard work and care that went into this, and all of the resources and interactive tools in the course. I highly recommend it.

By Elisa E P

Nov 21, 2017

Me encantó, siempre había querido aprender más sobre dinosaurios y el curso me enseñó más de lo que buscaba. Más adelante me inscribiré en los cursos complementarios del tema para seguir aprendiendo, ¡muchas gracias a todas las personas que trabajaron en esto!

By Rebecca O

Aug 28, 2017

Its clear that a lot of effort went into the creation of this course. Interesting videos, interactive components and a lot of extra details made this course worthwhile. I came away learning more than I could have imagined and enjoyed myself at the same time.

By Lee K W

Aug 11, 2020

This is one of the best pastimes in 2020. The readings and videos are extremely well prepared with a touch of humor. I enjoyed working on the comic quizzes. Never knew we were closer to a T-Rex than a Stegosaur was. And I just had a modern dinosaur for lunch!

By Upasana U

Apr 20, 2020

This is an amazing course! Provides abstracts to the "Dinosaur" concepts. Along with which successfully providing clear details to the concepts by connecting the "present" and the "past".

familiarizes us with all the concepts which are very new to everyone.

By Rebecca A

Nov 2, 2018

So happy I decided to take this course! I gained such a thorough introduction to dinosaur paleobiology, and I really enjoyed the simple format. This course has inspired me to take more courses on paleontology, which is a childhood aspiration come true :)

By Liliam A P F

Jan 22, 2021

Excellent material. Good videos. I like the tests during the lessons and the tests at the end of the week. Very good teachers, with good pronunciation and encouragement in the classes. I learned a lot by playing, reading and watching the video examples.

By Eliza B

Aug 2, 2020

Fantastic course! I never knew so much information about dinosaurs and had never studied them in school but this course gives an excellent introduction to the world of dinosaurs and paleobiology. Learned so much and really enjoyed the course! Thank you!

By Ricardo A

Jun 11, 2018

I tend to read as much as I can about dinosaurs in science journals and I consider myself knowledgeable in this matter. I was dead wrong. This course really opened my eyes and gave me a better grounding in the subject matter. This is a very good course.