Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

201 - 225 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Dec 10, 2017

Excellent

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Ethan M C

Mar 22, 2017

I am really enjoying this course

By Megan w

Dec 24, 2016

I think this is an absolutely fantastic course for anyone with a passion for Dinosaurs and wants to know more about them!

By Bruno M P

Jun 07, 2017

Philip and Betsy did an excellent and beautiful work for the community. I am heading for my PhD in the future and I definitely consider to do in Alberta with them. Congratulations.

By Diego O

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

By Stephanie V

Aug 22, 2017

Very well presented. Lots of useful and informative material condensed into handy, bite-sized chunks.

By Louisa H

Jun 27, 2018

Great and interesting course! A bit complex but with the provided material it's easy to learn.

By Kieran S

Dec 11, 2017

Absolutely fantastic!! As an already qualified scientist in biology this course was useful even for someone like myself with a degree. This course has the right balance between basic dinosaur science for the dinosaur "hobbiest" and more scientific information for someone like myself looking for more of a challenge. It was fun, engaging and interesting!! I only wish there was more!

By Jake L

Nov 28, 2017

Most Excellent!

By Sean D G

Dec 06, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow and the sections lengths were perfect. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting a better overview of general paleontology.

By Marcus V B C

Sep 14, 2017

Excelente, o melhor curso que já pude fazer. Eu gostaria de pedir que colocassem legendas em português porque muitas pessoas me perguntaram sobre isso e querem fazer em português.

By Bruno N A

Jun 02, 2017

Excelente curso!! Muy bien explicado y muy didáctico. Muy bueno el material y los videos!

By ViC

Nov 17, 2017

We learn so many things, about evolution, extinction and our planet plast. I regret sometimes that Mrs Betsy Kruk doesn't always articulate when she speaks.

By Sourav C

Jun 20, 2017

It was a real pleasure for me to take this course. I had the opportunity to learn about so many aspects of ancient dinosaurs that were previously unknown to me. I am grateful to the team of University of Alberta and coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn more about this incredible subject. Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to learn .

By Mandy d K

Jun 21, 2017

Loved every minute of it!!

By Nicolas R

Apr 18, 2018

Captivating, pleasant, thought-provoking,

encourages thoroughness.

By Lorna

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent, Went to Drumheller after the course so I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting these courses for the retired person to t

By Puvadol K

Jan 10, 2018

If applied math is physics and chemistry is applied physics. This course is probably "applied biology". If you like dinosaurs but don't really like biology, you'll learn it in a practical and engaging way with this course.

By Martin P

Apr 06, 2017

I love it!!!

can´t get enough of it, want more more more :-)

By Heidi P

Jan 31, 2018

Excellent course, thank you very much.

By Josh M

Oct 21, 2017

I really do enjoy this course,even though I'm just beginning I

By Jack I

Apr 12, 2018

Very good PDF's

By sebolo7@free.fr

May 09, 2018

Very good, well explained interesting !