Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH
Apr 5, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

PM
Oct 17, 2020

Even as a dinosaur nerd, I still learned a lot. Instructional videos with embedded quizzes were very well constructed. I'm just a bit bummed that I couldn't access the fossil viewer for some reason.

226 - 250 of 971 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Júlio H

Jun 18, 2020

Excellent introductory course on dinosaurs. Actually, on a few modules there are excessive information, names of dinosaurs and their corresponding periods, but one can revise the information anytime. This course really makes you crave for more.

By Seah T K

Aug 11, 2020

The course materials were extremely well prepared and well thought through. I have learn a lot from it and it's a great introduction to basics of dinosaurs knowledge. You can impress your friends at the Natural History Museum after the course.

By Joanne O

Jun 2, 2017

I LOVED this course, it was absolutely wonderful. Thank you Dino 101 team you are all magnificent. I've just completed all the MOOC paleontology courses the University of Alberta has to offer and each one is outstanding, please make some more!

By Robin B

Jun 7, 2019

I really much love the course and also the topics that were covered. I have a huge fascination with dinosaurs and pre-historic animals. I would really love to visit University of Alberta Paleontology department and as well the museum as well.

By Bob B

Oct 11, 2020

I loved this course, dinosaurs have always been my passion and this course made me feel like i did when i first picked up a dinosaur book and became obsessed with learning as much as I could about prehistory. Fantastic, worth the time spent.

By Don R

Feb 18, 2018

I found the course both educational and challenging more encouragement to read the modules would be helpful in information retention , although not sure how to successfully introduce this to the course layout . thank you for the opportunity.

By ARSENAULT D

Nov 2, 2020

I very much enjoyed the course. I like the fact that you took advantage of the video format by doing things on location and show specimens, etc. It was just a recorded lecture in front of a projector. It made it significantly more engaging.

By Brian B

Aug 9, 2020

I can´t say enough how much I enjoyed this course! It was wonderfully detailed, concise, but broad in scope. The videos were excellently organized, and I felt prepared for every end-of-week quiz. Thank you so much! On to the next course!

By Arturo Á G

Jul 20, 2020

It's a great course with most of the information still valid. I really recommend it to any dinosaur enthusiast of any age. I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot from it. Thank you to the University of Alberta and all the Dino 101 team.

By Kai A

Jul 5, 2020

I absolutely loved this course and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in learning about dinosaurs. I would love to see the University of Alberta offer even more dinosaur courses! I'm excited to take the next theropod course.

By Gerick S

Apr 9, 2020

Great illustrations throughout the course and support material like the fossil viewer. Videos were very well presented and the readings have tons of interesting supplementary material. This was a very fun course and I can't wait to do more.

By Cindy P

Aug 20, 2018

Really enjoyable course - I took this solely to satisfy my personal interest and to learn more about dinosaurs. It was my first Coursera course and first online course and really a very satisfying introduction. Thank you for offering it.

By Shaibo C

Jun 28, 2021

This was tremendous course so far . There are so many things to learn . My cordial gratitude towards the instructors for making this course enjoyable and interesting . It will give u a ride of the dino history and their evolution .

By David B

Aug 13, 2017

I enjoyed Dinosaur 101. It was informative, well organized, well presented, and done at the right level of difficulty for someone with little knowledge of the subject. I enjoyed Betsy's quizzes and her explanations after each quiz.

By Anne D

Jun 29, 2017

Very well presented course full of interesting material. The test questions within the videos were great as well, and we enjoyed the dino bone puzzles and the fossil viewer a lot, too.

Kept the attention even of younger students.

By Muhammad S M A

Oct 23, 2020

a very complete and great course with so many informations provided to better understand the nature of dinosaurs, how they came to dominance, and how they went extinct from the face of the earth. a really good and enjoyable course

By Guy L

Sep 14, 2020

This course was really interesting and informational. I've heard about and have been interested in dinosaurs for decades, but this course still managed to teach me quite a lot! Thank you for this fun and educational opportunity!

By Hiba S

Jun 5, 2020

It was truly one of the most interesting and charming courses I've ever had, really now word can describe how grateful i am for this course and for everyone who contributed to the preparation of the course materials. Good luck !

By Rodrigo D M

Jul 12, 2020

Muy buen curso, donde otorgan toda la información para conocer a los fascinantes dinosaurios. Realmente hacen simple el conocimiento científico recopilado y teorizado. Reconocidos especialistas ayudan bastante con esta ciencia.

By Blarfnarg D o W

Oct 8, 2021

DINOSAURS! I have learnt a lot about paleontology through this course and I have thoroughly enjoyed it and am sad to have finished it, but you acncan be sure I will certainly be revisiting this course multiple times in future!

By Adri J J J

Really a wonderful course. I belong to a computer science background but interested in biology. I was separated from biology for long years. I was really interested in knowing about dinosaurs and this course gave an insight..

By JOHN P B

Very informative course! I have learned a lot about dinosaurs and it also corrected my previously known concepts. This is a good try course and best way of spending time during home quarantine. Thank you for this free course!

By Debyan N

Aug 13, 2020

One of the best courses ever I had. Truly speaking, the organizers truly explained every concept in a lucid and descriptive way. This course has opened up my interests in evolutionary sciences. Thank you team Dino very much.

By Sarah H

Fascinating and informative course taught by real experts. I loved every minute of this course and adding more dinosaur knowledge to my brain has made me love them all the more. Thank you for providing this amazing resource!

By jessii p

Apr 18, 2020

Very interesting course, Well paced, the instructors were great, spoke in a way anyone can understand. Learned alot and now when I go to the local Natural History museums, I understand the fossils I'm looking at alot more.