Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

101 - 125 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Brandon C

Apr 21, 2018

E

By Olivia M D

Jun 06, 2017

I liked it very much. As a biologist I've never been taught about dinosaurs and their evolutionary lineage but thanks to this course I have now certain basis for it knowledge. Thank you very much :D

By ralph c

Apr 28, 2018

Great course. Information was beautifully presented to us laymen.

By David H

Dec 17, 2016

Excellent course. I appreciated the notes, teaching from experts in the field and being exposed to new information and research that was new to me. Thank you. - David Haitel

By Diego I R G

Feb 24, 2017

great course and great reading material. Easy to understand but precise and deep

By Devon S A

Mar 18, 2017

Just brilliant.

By Cody D

Nov 30, 2016

Great course, learned lots and really enjoyed the content that was taught!

By Thomas E M

Jan 03, 2017

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a fantastic introduction to the world of Dinosaurs and to some of the science which underpins our understanding of them. The course is well designed and gradually builds upon your knowledge. The information is clearly presented and easy to follow, and most importantly - learn.

I have throughly enjoyed learning from this course and would recommend it to anyone, amateur or potential professional alike.

By Freddie

Mar 10, 2017

love it.

By Jessica Y

Jun 28, 2018

LOVED THIS COURSE! This is my first and only completed course on Coursera! I signed up because of my recent obsession with dinosaurs and the course was so fun and informative I finished everything way before my due date! Can't wait to visit Dinosaur Provincial Park now!

By Robert C C

Nov 11, 2016

Excellent course! I appreciate the insights given and the

By Carol B

Jul 01, 2017

This course is well designed to engage people with varied backgrounds. If you want to know more about dinosaurs and how they came to be, evolved, and ultimately became extinct, this is a course that will do just that. The presenters are engaging and the fossil evidence, imagery, and interactive features all make this a course to look forward to sitting down with week after week. I highly recommend this course.

By Albert

Dec 30, 2017

Great!

By Munawar J

Jun 18, 2017

This was a Great Learning Experience for me and my 5 year old son, Muaziz H Jatoi.

At the age 2, he been telling us that he wants to become and for a year he been claiming of being a Paleontologist, even he claimed, of being A Paleontologist, to the Researchers at Carthage Institute of Paleontology in Kenosha, WI.

Thanks a lot for such a resource & the opportunity to learn in the comfort of home. We would love to talk with Dr Philip Currie and his team of Graduate Students.

By Mark

Jun 11, 2017

Excellent and captivating overview course

By David B

Aug 13, 2017

I enjoyed Dinosaur 101. It was informative, well organized, well presented, and done at the right level of difficulty for someone with little knowledge of the subject. I enjoyed Betsy's quizzes and her explanations after each quiz.

By Jordi S V

Apr 12, 2017

The best course of paleontology and paelobiolgy. Thanks!

By Renee C

Feb 10, 2017

This course was fantastic!

By Rebecca O

Aug 29, 2017

Its clear that a lot of effort went into the creation of this course. Interesting videos, interactive components and a lot of extra details made this course worthwhile. I came away learning more than I could have imagined and enjoyed myself at the same time.

By Erin B

Jun 09, 2017

So much fun to learn about paleontology! I joined this course after a visit to the Museum of Natural History here in New York. I realized I could take a class for free and learn so much more than even a day at the museum could teach me. Sometimes the quizzes were challenging, but I feel like I am much more knowledgeable now and hope to learn more in the future. Thanks!

By Igor C

Oct 02, 2016

Great course! Thank you!

By André L d S J

Dec 18, 2016

Ótimo curso!

By Matthew B

Dec 04, 2016

Great course for beginners wanting to learn more about the life, anatomy, origins, and extinction of Dinosaurs

By Tristan M

Feb 15, 2018

This course was very fun!!!

By Luke H

May 29, 2017

This class has been a blessing to me! It is the class that I have always wanted to take. The videos were well put together and very easy to follow!