Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

151 - 175 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Leslie A

Dec 04, 2017

great course! would recommend to anyone!

By Pythor ( A

Dec 17, 2017

This is everything I've ever wanted from education. I was interested in this topic ever since middle school. My core education did not offer me such. So I had to seek out the education I want. As luck would have it. This class exists.

If anyone wishes to hone their paleontology skills or want to get into paleontology or just like dinosaurs. This is the course for you. This is a super easy class with super interesting lessons. I hopefully plan on coming to the University of Alberta to fulfill my paleontology dreams.

By Sanoop M

May 09, 2018

This course is just awesome, and so are the instructors! It was an amazing ride over the last 12 weeks and I learned a lot about dinosaurs .The focus on the scientific method rather than just a pool of data is praiseworthy. It has given me an impetus to research further on these amazing groups of animals.

Thank you Betsy,Phil, Gavin, and the rest of the staff.. :)

Sanoop M

By Viktor B E

Apr 20, 2017

Fantastic introduction course!

By Michaela C

Aug 09, 2017

This was a really fun and interesting course to audit!

10/10 I love dinos and I am Dr. Currie's new biggest fan.

By Kaixuan Z

Dec 15, 2017

Awesome course!

By Sergio B

Jun 11, 2017

Congratulations, i from peru, i love this course

By Eudald S

Oct 05, 2017

Excelent course, I had the opportunity to learn all about dinosaurs, and after finishing it, i want to continue with the other courses that the university of Alberta offers. Thank you all for this great way to learn and specially to Betsy, who gives the information in a great way to be understood.

By Chris R

Dec 04, 2017

Really enjoyed

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Ethan M C

Mar 22, 2017

I am really enjoying this course

By Megan w

Dec 24, 2016

I think this is an absolutely fantastic course for anyone with a passion for Dinosaurs and wants to know more about them!

By Bruno M P

Jun 07, 2017

Philip and Betsy did an excellent and beautiful work for the community. I am heading for my PhD in the future and I definitely consider to do in Alberta with them. Congratulations.

By Diego O

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

By Stephanie V

Aug 22, 2017

Very well presented. Lots of useful and informative material condensed into handy, bite-sized chunks.

By Louisa H

Jun 27, 2018

Great and interesting course! A bit complex but with the provided material it's easy to learn.

By Kieran S

Dec 11, 2017

Absolutely fantastic!! As an already qualified scientist in biology this course was useful even for someone like myself with a degree. This course has the right balance between basic dinosaur science for the dinosaur "hobbiest" and more scientific information for someone like myself looking for more of a challenge. It was fun, engaging and interesting!! I only wish there was more!

By Jake L

Nov 28, 2017

Most Excellent!

By Sean D G

Dec 06, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow and the sections lengths were perfect. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting a better overview of general paleontology.

By Marcus V B C

Sep 14, 2017

Excelente, o melhor curso que já pude fazer. Eu gostaria de pedir que colocassem legendas em português porque muitas pessoas me perguntaram sobre isso e querem fazer em português.

By Bruno N A

Jun 02, 2017

Excelente curso!! Muy bien explicado y muy didáctico. Muy bueno el material y los videos!

By ViC

Nov 17, 2017

We learn so many things, about evolution, extinction and our planet plast. I regret sometimes that Mrs Betsy Kruk doesn't always articulate when she speaks.

By Sourav C

Jun 20, 2017

It was a real pleasure for me to take this course. I had the opportunity to learn about so many aspects of ancient dinosaurs that were previously unknown to me. I am grateful to the team of University of Alberta and coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn more about this incredible subject. Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to learn .

By Mandy d K

Jun 21, 2017

Loved every minute of it!!

By Nicolas R