Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

176 - 200 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Nadine B

Apr 18, 2017

I am an absolute beginner in the topic and this course is perfect for me. I am learning a lot and the sessions have the right length.

By Jose M L I

Sep 27, 2017

XD DAB ON THE HEATER

By Alejandro F

Dec 10, 2017

Excellent

By Nerea W

Jan 19, 2018

the course has been the best course i have ever done! Thank you so much for the effort you amazing people have put into this course!

By Julian A

Mar 19, 2017

The amount of information I learned as well as retained was astounding. I had no idea I was going to be taking in this amount of information from an online course no less. The course it's self is well structured and allows for you to work towards the goals at your own pace. Highly recommended. I will be looking into the other paleontology courses offered here on this site by The University of Alberta.

By Tripp F

Apr 06, 2017

1rst and best

By Pam G

Sep 05, 2017

Loved it!

By Афанасьев И А

Jul 04, 2018

I could have said a lot about the course, but still, it brought my childhood back and that was much more than enough for me.

By Alisse S

Jul 10, 2017

Incredibly informative- covered a vast deal of info in a short period of time. Broad sweeping but interactive, this is a great course for beginners interested in paleobiology!

By Anne I

Dec 26, 2016

Excellent course!

By Fernando T

Jun 04, 2018

very well explained and organised course

By Arturo M

May 18, 2017

Excellent course. All presentations, either of Betsy Kruky or Dr. Phil Curry were very straightforward. I am a biochemist but my undergraduate field is biology and one of my favourites field of biology is that related with fossil records in particular with all these magnificient animals, the dinosaurs. For a guy with scientific training (as one that is sharing this thoughts) is a pleasure to listen and to read material full of scientific evidence. This aspect makes, to me, a strong, serious and professional way to present this particular course. I want to congratulate all personnel involved in the development of this course, in particular to Betsy and Dr. Curry, and all personnel of University of Alberta. I encourege all of you to see more courses in this field with you guys soon. Congrats!

By Tabi L P W

Dec 16, 2017

By Gabby G

Mar 23, 2018

I have a degree in Geology, but never had the opportunity to take a class on Dinosaurs. This class was great at explaining introductory concepts for beginners, but also challenged folks who were more advanced. I was able to skim through what I knew, and study at more length what I did not. Overall, it was a great course.

By Timi A

May 25, 2018

Great course, love the flexibility of deadlines. Perfect introduction to palaeontology for beginners, and a perfect reminder course for those already attending university and want to test or refresh their knowledge.

By Viktor B E

Apr 20, 2017

Fantastic introduction course!

By Varnika T

Mar 12, 2018

a great couse for the young learners as me, so a nice option to go for...

By Michaela C

Aug 09, 2017

This was a really fun and interesting course to audit!

10/10 I love dinos and I am Dr. Currie's new biggest fan.

By Алексей О

Feb 16, 2018

They say that one knows best about dinosaurs when one is 4 years old or has a son of this age. Not at all! You should also count this excellent course.

By Jessie T

Sep 25, 2017

Such a fun course, and covers a good blanket of information.

By amelia m

Nov 28, 2017

I really liked this class. It was informative but not overwhelming to someone who doesn't know much about dinosaurs. I'd recommend this class. :)

By Kaixuan Z

Dec 15, 2017

Awesome course!

By Sergio B

Jun 11, 2017

Congratulations, i from peru, i love this course

By Kirsty E

Jan 15, 2018

Thorough and diverse to suit many knowledge levels.

By Sharan S M