Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

201 - 225 of 338 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Leslie A

Dec 04, 2017

great course! would recommend to anyone!

By Pythor ( A

Dec 17, 2017

This is everything I've ever wanted from education. I was interested in this topic ever since middle school. My core education did not offer me such. So I had to seek out the education I want. As luck would have it. This class exists.

If anyone wishes to hone their paleontology skills or want to get into paleontology or just like dinosaurs. This is the course for you. This is a super easy class with super interesting lessons. I hopefully plan on coming to the University of Alberta to fulfill my paleontology dreams.

By Sanoop M

May 09, 2018

This course is just awesome, and so are the instructors! It was an amazing ride over the last 12 weeks and I learned a lot about dinosaurs .The focus on the scientific method rather than just a pool of data is praiseworthy. It has given me an impetus to research further on these amazing groups of animals.

Thank you Betsy,Phil, Gavin, and the rest of the staff.. :)

Sanoop M

By Chris R

Dec 04, 2017

Really enjoyed

By James S

Feb 10, 2017

Really enjoyed the course! Cant wait to take more.

By James S

Sep 19, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this course. Thanks!!

By James M

May 25, 2017

this was the best course ever to take and I learned a lot more about the history and study of how dinosaurs behaved how they adapted and how they lived and I love this course I have been into dinosaurs since I was a toddler also Philip and Betsey are the best paleontologist

By Naomi D

Jan 18, 2018

Really interesting course. Very interactive and well thought out lesson plans. Really informative and enjoyable.

By Isaac A B

Oct 09, 2017

Cool! I learned lots of interesting stuff about dinosaurs. It helped me be a better Natural History Museum volunteer.

By Andrew d

Dec 06, 2017

Very interesting course with lots of fun quizzes and puzzles, I learned a lot!!!

By Rodrigo R A

Dec 21, 2017

Curso maravilhoso. Muito bom mesmo. Eu recomendo a todos que queiram saber um pouco sobre estas criaturas "terríveis". abs

By Graham F

Mar 12, 2017

Brilliant course, pitched at the right level for an introduction into Paleontology. I got a lot out of doing this course and it has kick started my interest in Paleontology.

By Diego O

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

By Rafael V G

Jul 04, 2017

It's a very well done course. All te information is up-dated, the readings are understabdables and the videos are very interactive. I really enhoyed this course !!

By Charlotte B

Aug 11, 2017

This course was absolutely incredible. I learned so much in only 12 weeks, which seemed to fly by!!!

By Richard B

Sep 22, 2017

Presenters were knowledgeable and kept the pace moving. As a recent enthusiast in Paleontology, Biology. and just the coolness of Dinos, I really learned quite a bit. Thanks...

By Archie G

Aug 01, 2017

I believe this is a great course to get st

By Stephanie V

Aug 22, 2017

Very well presented. Lots of useful and informative material condensed into handy, bite-sized chunks.

By Louisa H

Jun 27, 2018

Great and interesting course! A bit complex but with the provided material it's easy to learn.

By Kieran S

Dec 11, 2017

Absolutely fantastic!! As an already qualified scientist in biology this course was useful even for someone like myself with a degree. This course has the right balance between basic dinosaur science for the dinosaur "hobbiest" and more scientific information for someone like myself looking for more of a challenge. It was fun, engaging and interesting!! I only wish there was more!

By Jake L

Nov 28, 2017

Most Excellent!

By Sean D G

Dec 06, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow and the sections lengths were perfect. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting a better overview of general paleontology.

By Subhan A

Nov 20, 2017

e

By Lorna

Jul 31, 2017

Excellent, Went to Drumheller after the course so I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting these courses for the retired person to t

By Puvadol K

Jan 10, 2018

If applied math is physics and chemistry is applied physics. This course is probably "applied biology". If you like dinosaurs but don't really like biology, you'll learn it in a practical and engaging way with this course.