Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT
Aug 3, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

RR

This course was very informative and interesting. Even people without dogs as pets and having an interest towards pets can take up this course. By doing so, we get to understand ourselves better.

1051 - 1075 of 1,093 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Rosanna L

May 28, 2017

Interesting course, some of the videos were a little long for the information provided, but was good to hear about comparisons in dogs, wolves and apes and the experiments conducted.

By Rebecca r

Mar 27, 2019

This course was really interesting and has taught me a lot. However the first few weeks were not as focused on dogs, they tended to be more about apes and humans and evoution.

By johana s

Jul 4, 2020

An ideally inclusive offering for you and your companion to explore at home. In-depth evolutionary theory for you, and the toolkit to test the theories with your friend

By Jose L L

Jun 12, 2020

I learned about dogs only on the latter week 6 -8. wish you could've went with that. The history was okay but it was too dragging for me.

By Wenyi L

Oct 18, 2015

I have learnt some basic knowledge about dog's congnition. It may be more interesting if I have a dog to take part in these experments.

By Samuel O

Aug 12, 2020

Didn't really learn about Dog emotions until week 7&8 out of 8 weeks, the first couple of weeks were talking about other animals.

By Ranjini M

Jun 6, 2020

The course could have been a little more precise. Video lectures could have been more direct. Would have saved a lot of time.

By Lindsay E

Subject matter is very interesting, but the instructor saying um and uhh way too much was very distracting and annoying.

By Emilee G

Sep 19, 2017

Too much info about evolution and apes etc, not enough with dogs. Good teacher, but not as helpful as I'd hoped.

By Gretchen G

Dec 31, 2015

Interesting insights into human interactions with dogs. I just could not finish the entire class.

By dreamy1121

Mar 10, 2017

Compared to the other courses, this one is kind of boring, but learned some origination of dogs :)

By Luyi L

Jan 2, 2017

Too many gestures, movements and ahhhs, slides available but not downloadable (what's the point?).

By Goti P p

Jul 7, 2020

this program is really used full to me. i was learning so new type of things to tech my dog.

By sayna p

Oct 20, 2018

The instructor advertised his book and website so much that it took away from the content.

By Dalia G

Aug 16, 2020

too detailed, too much information to process but the lecturer was actually pretty fun.

By Mariana C L

Jul 16, 2017

En general está ok! pero siento que muchas clases son bastante repetitivas.

By Kelly S

May 11, 2017

Wasn't my favorite but I enjoyed some of it.

By LaVonia A S

Aug 25, 2015

Fun course!

By LEE L Y

Jul 28, 2020

I think it is a bit complicated to those who have no basic knowledge in this discipline some professional terms are hard to understand even with definition because words are to difficult and rarely seen in daily life and the mode of conducting the lecture I would say is quite boring and passive as the lecturer is just standing still to read script and show powerpoints it is not good to detonate knowledge and for us to really get deep to it I would recommend more experiment video or illustration to make this funnier and rise our intention to learn dogs should be a topic contains loads of fun and is not supposed to be this informatively boring

By Judi M H

Nov 5, 2018

videos are terribly boring.... lectures are very uneven in information and interest. Reading material is worthless. The idea of the course is good, but this one needs a lot more work for me to spend my valuable time on it.

This is basically an as for the instructor's book and a website called dognition. And it's a bad ad...

By Jonathan G

Jan 16, 2018

I find this course redundant and useless. You can simply learn how to train your dog without having to take a course. You simply feed and training a dog not to bark, obey commands and obey verbal commands with some authority as dogs have a pack mentality. You do not need a course to learn this!

By Rebecca K

He advertised his book and game A LOT. Either give it to your students, require it for the class, or suggest/plug it a couple times and drop it

By Elisabeth M

Sep 30, 2015

Videos kept cutting out either entirely or the sound would cut out. Made it very difficult to follow.

By Ohad N

Feb 8, 2020

The course is not interesting. A lot of nothing was talked.

I didnt got realy much from the course.

By Yuxi X

Mar 22, 2016

The professor talks too much about the website and his book! That doesn't make any sense!