Back to Drugs, drug use, drug policy and health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Drugs, drug use, drug policy and health by University of Geneva

This MOOC is the first of its kind, since it addresses critical issues related to drugs from a multidisciplinary, health and human rights-based approach. Throughout the course you will cover a range of questions including what are drugs and why they controlled? What are the benefits and harms of taking drugs? How public health policies can address drug use? You will also learn about the intricacies of the international drug control framework and the negative consequences of widespread prohibitionist drug policies around the world. Finally, you will examine ways of furthering drug policy reform. The topics will be presented by over 40 speakers from scientific, academic and institutional backgrounds, spokespersons of civil society as well as people who use drugs presenting their views. By the end of the course you will have: - a strong understanding of the major health issues related to drug use and drug policy; - a clear vision of why drug policy is debated today; - and, if you so wish, you will be equipped to engage in the drug policy reform movement at your local or regional level....

M

May 16, 2020

Fantastic course that outlines the challenges we face in regards to drug policy and confronting stereotypes about people who use drugs. I learned a lot that made me rethink my own perceptions.

MW

Dec 04, 2018

Thanks so much for a very good course,more informative by myself..work hard for it\n\nbecause got a little bit trouble with my language competency.But it's good to take a class.

1 - 25 of 44 Reviews for Drugs, drug use, drug policy and health

By Mark A D

Feb 09, 2019

Very eye-opening course. At firts I did not care for it much, but i became very interesting after a few sections. Truly, this was a transformative course, deeply moving. The evidence presented for a case for drug policy reform is very compelling. I cannot understand why these facts have been ignored for so long. The class puts global drug use into perspective and you will be surprised and angry about how much you have been deceived by elected officials and law enforcement regarding drugs and their impact on society.

By FRANK A

A very interesting course that was academically challenging. The issues raised should provoke genuine reflection on the part of those who engage with its' content .

By Darren G

Nov 22, 2019

For anyone who advocates for drug policy/social policy issues, this course is empowering.

By Wen W

Mar 21, 2020

Very nice, i like it!!

By Darbinyan G

Jun 05, 2020

I want to say that this is just a great course!

Firstly, it shows not only one side of the issue, but approaches the problem from different sides, this makes the course interesting.

Secondly, a large number of speakers, each with its own “history”, with its own specifics, each is interesting in its own way.

Thirdly, this course raises important issues that undoubtedly concern every person.

Personally, this course helped me structure my knowledge, back it up with scientifically based theses, because I held a similar position. But if someone believes that repressive drug policy is right, then just take this course.

Throughout the course, I felt that they were talking to me, that I was taking part in the process.

Many thanks to all the speakers and most importantly to the team of organizers and creators, you did a great job.

By Julian M F

The course is really comprehensive, it brings diversity and complexity to the topic of drugs. The tests are well-fitted and challenging and there are literature disponible about some topics. In this sense, the course deserves 5 starts because brings new information, deconstructing the main vision of drug policies around the world. In contrast, I think that all videos should have study material and academic literature disponible in which the videos were based on in my humble opinion, but I don't think it is viable in a course that it is open and free access for all audiences.

By Ana S

Sep 10, 2020

Quedo muy satisfecha con el programa, es un curso realmente completo, objetivo, con una basta complementación bibliográfica y que revisa las políticas y los gobiernos en todo el mundo.Es un curso comprometido con los derechos humanos, la ética médica y las políticas que buscan cumplir con el manejo digno del problema de las drogas. Muchas gracias por la oportunidad y cuenten conmigo para intervenciones y formación de formadores a nivel internacional.

Cordialmente, ALSH.

By John O

Feb 27, 2019

This curse has been very well organized, the moderators are well conversant with their work. The time to jungle from one module to the other is very flexible, well planned for people who are very much busy. I fully recommend the training to my friends and colleagues. I have learnt a lot especially the drug policy and health. Am well equipped now and ready to push our a gender of right to health for all.

By Helgi D

Oct 10, 2020

I found the course to be excellent overall. The video lessons are varied and interesting, even though they sometimes cover the same themes. This is due to the high number of guest lectures, which are given by some of the most respected figures in the drug policy movement. Their different perspectives and in-depth knowledge of the drug phenomenon are the biggest strength of this course.

By David B

Jul 11, 2020

This course has opened up my eyes. As a practicing pharmacist, our views of drugs, well particularly controlled drugs and other substances abuse is one sided. This course allows me to look at the situation holistically and appreciate the work carried out by the various health reform groups in society and internationally as a whole. Thank you guys.

By Leida R

May 19, 2019

A syllabus politically correct, yet politically challenging, offering a complete and clear vision of the today debates on drug policy worldwide, offering a strong understanding of the major health issues related to drug use and drug policy, offered for free online one of Europe's leading university as Université de Genève (UNIGE), founded in 1559.

By Alejandro J G

Apr 14, 2020

This course let me learn that War on Drugs, has failed, and has causes thousand of deaths, harm and suffering around the world. It's an urgency that Governments, civil society, and drug users join forces on the Drug Policy Reform Movement to achieve a drug policy based on the harm reduction approch

By Daniele L

Feb 13, 2019

A deeply documented course with multiple voices from across the world giving you insights on the entire complexity in just a few weeks. It is an absolute go-to course for anybody who ever wants to be informed about harm reduction and advocate improvements in drug policies.

By IGOR G E

May 13, 2020

Very well organized with amazing content. Professors offer an amazing quality to the MOOC as do their interest by the topic. It challenges your knowledge about drug regulation policies and laws teaching you how to face this topic with new and evidence based tools.

By Natalia A C

Dec 24, 2018

Realizar este curso fue muy satisfactorio, no solo desde la óptica profesional, ya que me otorgó competencias que no tenía antes de realizar el curso, sino que también a nivel personal, abriéndome la mente a formas de vida que antes desconocía.

By Ganiyu Y F

This course has really helped sharpen my view about drugs and drugs policy. It has added new folds of skill set to my portfolio and given me a better understanding on how to deal with situations that are has to do with drugs.

By Гульнара С

Oct 04, 2019

Отличный курс! Я узнала много нового и поняла различия между разными подходами к политике предотвращения и вреда от злоупотребления наркотиками. Рекомендую этот курс всем, кто планирует участвовать в жизни общества.

By Mina

May 16, 2020

By Oleksandr S

Oct 22, 2018

Thank you for the opportunity to pass this course all involved in its creation. Thank you for the opportunity to look at this issue more globally and at the same time more deeply.

By MAKARANON W

Dec 04, 2018

By Weni I

Sep 18, 2020

Thia course was ideal in preparing me to think critically about drug policy in my country Nigeria as my Institution prepares to begin a course on Drug Addiction Science

By PAULO C R Q

Apr 07, 2020

Very good course. A lot of information about the drugs question. A new view about the drugs use and question correlate with health around the world. I recommend.

By Tuna B

Dec 16, 2018

Excellent format, a very interesting and well known mix of people who are providing us with the newest evidence based approches in drug policies.

By Christian D L P H

Aug 03, 2019

Good looking for a drugs uses, this course let us know about everything that happens about drugs, drugs use, policy and health.

By pramod r

Sep 22, 2020

This course is really good&it gives lot of information about drug uses&drug policy......,it's helpful to my studies...