Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

AM
Aug 15, 2017

Great course! It allows to understand the twisted logic that run in our heads. Helps to establish the balance between probabilistic truth and illusions that infect our decision-making. Thanks a lot!

M
May 2, 2018

This course was a very good sum up of Daniel Kahneman's thinking fast and slow. Definitely recommend to everyone who would like to know more about our flaws or would like to refresh your knowledge.

226 - 250 of 652 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By Diego D

Oct 5, 2020

¡Excelente curso! Insights muy interesantes.

By Saumitra V P

May 13, 2020

Wonderful Course. Great learning adventure .

By 王宣杰

Feb 17, 2020

I learned a lot and solved many of my doubts

By Muhammed R N

Jun 4, 2020

Outstanding and clear look into Beh Finance

By SHIJUMON K J

May 14, 2020

very nice learning. But need more examples.

By Dr. J P M

May 4, 2020

Excellent Course for Finance Professionals.

By Karthikeyan S

Oct 23, 2020

Good course materials and helped me a lot

By Scalesse

Apr 13, 2019

Great introduction to behavioral finance!

By Ray A C

Mar 8, 2017

Great course, great topics, well covered!

By Vonnell M

Nov 19, 2020

Challenging indeed - and a great format!

By Edmundo E

May 27, 2018

Excelente curso. Totalmente recomendado.

By AMAN G

Great course for finance professionals.

By nathanel s

Dec 13, 2019

Lo disfrute realmente, aprendi bastante

By ASHIRWAD S

Nov 11, 2019

The best course I've ever come across .

By Emanuel M

Nov 6, 2016

good examples of interesting situations

By Kalum D S

Jun 8, 2020

A very interesting course. I loved it.

By K R K

Oct 26, 2020

It's a wonderful learning experience.

By NIKHIL N

Oct 15, 2020

It's help me for my future profession

By Kaustabh A

Jul 26, 2020

Extremely insightful and interesting!

By Apoorv

Jun 11, 2020

Very Beautiful and insightful course.

By András P

Oct 14, 2018

Excellent course, can only recommend.

By Álesson R S

Jan 25, 2018

Um dos melhores cursos!!! Fantástico.

By Sahil D

Oct 2, 2020

best in line for behaviour analysis.

By Dipesh

Jul 2, 2020

Excellent course and study material!

By Marc T N

Jul 4, 2020

Very interesting and instructive!!!