Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

JS
Jan 12, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

AD
Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

276 - 300 of 2,751 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Anant S

Mar 5, 2020

You can't get more than this anywhere if you really want to learn basic of html, css and javascript and if you do than that will be just waste of time . Awsome site to learn things easily

By Konstantin K

Nov 26, 2017

I liked this course. It was easy to understand a new material . The structure of the course was good. I like the quizes and practical tasks. It was fun to put the learnt lesson into code.

By ABHILASH P

Apr 21, 2020

The course was really practical and fun! It was a really new approach to getting into programming from what I am used to. I would recommend it to anyone starting their journey in coding.

By Abdullah S

Apr 15, 2020

Hello, I started this course as an beginner level of JAVA ,but after completing this course ,adds immense knowledge in my career .So I really thank to coursera to giving me oppurtunity .

By sherjung s

Oct 4, 2015

This coure was a boon for me .It is a best start up course for the computer science engineer. I want to thanks Coursera app and Duke University for such a innovative and creative course.

By Muzaffar W

Aug 27, 2021

This course is very helpful, so many practices that helped me to understand every given topic. And explanation from the instructure is also a language that is easy to understand for me.

By SIDDHARTHA K S

Oct 14, 2020

Respected Sir/ Madam,

As students we will be grateful if you teach coding how to design a webpage layout using CSS style sheets especially tab, drop down links, hover inline etc.

Thanks.

By Amaliya A

Mar 8, 2019

Very useful course. All basics to write your code are provided here. As for me, all necessary elements are viewed: tables, lists, images, working with input files, event handlers, etc.

By Harold S V C

Jan 3, 2021

You are able to learn and create several types of webpages through this course. I reccomend it to anybody who wants to know about it and people who are interested in webpages design.

By Sanjay

Jun 7, 2021

T​his here is an awesome course to step into Html and CSS, it is extremely benificial for beginners and others who would be engage to develop a front-end developmentcarrer progress.

By Liezel-Ann D

Feb 29, 2020

This course overall help me look at computer science from a different perspective and really help me understand how to approach programming problems which I think is more important.

By Huseyin Y

Jan 3, 2021

The course material and presentation well prepared and easy to follow. I benefited a lot in very short of time. Thanks a lot and would suggest it to anyone interested in the topic.

By HAY a

Jul 8, 2020

I really love the program because of the fact that we have a lot of practical exercises combining with a very precise presentation of every concept behind the programing exercises.

By RADWAN H

This was really useful course and I've gained a lot of skills I'm grateful to everyone who had worked on this course and I'm aiming to take the other courses of this specialization

By Muhammad K A

Feb 14, 2016

Challenging and difficult thus rewarding experience . I think the great thing about this course is the freedom they give to make certain programs with whatever way you want to use.

By Omkar M

Oct 4, 2020

This was my first course on Coursera. Need to say, it was well made. More emphasis was given to practical, which is great. Only if they could add some fun elements to this course!

By FATIMA I

Jul 27, 2020

In this course i have learnt a lot. Designing interactive web pages, manipulating images, applying filters and many more techniques. the way of teaching and testing was excellent.

By Tanzid T

Jun 7, 2020

One of the best courses I have ever taken on Coursera . This course works on foundation level and really interactive and never let you get bored if you are really into learning .

By Adarsh C

May 4, 2020

Really awsome course. It provides command over basic core concept of web development. It provides its own environment for javascript which gives depth knowledge about the concept.

By Marek R

May 14, 2017

I really enjoyed that course. It is so much more that I have expected. Programming looks more promising than ever. I think I have found something that really interest me, at last.

By Sameer N

Apr 23, 2017

Excellent course to get hands on experience with JavaScript,HTML and CSS. I loved the assignments which focus on application of the skills and concepts learnt during the course.

By Daniel B H

Mar 11, 2021

Excelente curso, muy bien estructurado y permite empezar un conocimiento desde cero hasta poder apropiarse de los conceptos y de cada uno de los temas que en el se desarrollan.

By Sahil F 1

Jun 13, 2020

The course is really good for beginners who want to kick start their career in software development.Even people with no prior knowledge in coding can excel this course at ease.