Back to Our Earth's Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Our Earth's Future by American Museum of Natural History

Our Earth’s Future is about the science of climate change and how to talk about it. You will learn from scientists in the fields of climatology, oceanography, Earth science, and anthropology who study how climate change is affecting people, populations, and ways of life. Explore the multiple lines of evidence for the human-induced climate change that is happening today, and consider what that means for the future of our planet. At the end of this course you will be able to understand key scientific principles, identify and address misconceptions, and contribute confidently to conversations about climate change....

OW

May 24, 2016

Lectures are interesting and understandable. It brought the role the ocean plays into sharp focus and told me things I had not heard before. Now if our politicians would just take the class!

WJ

Jun 10, 2017

Good general introduction to climate change. Does a good job of highlighting both the science behind climate change as well as its impact on human communities now and in the future.

26 - 50 of 146 Reviews for Our Earth's Future

By Florian P

Jun 06, 2017

I love this course. I'm a biologist and should know some of these concepts, but it's amazing that I've learned so much in such a short period of time. Everything is explained in a simple manner, and with the additional reading you can make it as elaborate as you like. Thanks!

By 王晓倩

Jul 23, 2016

Though this course, l learned a lot about climate change and how to discuss this problem. Besides, the parts involving geography were explained in a charmingly simple and clear way. Above all, it was an extraordinary experience and I has recommended it to my best friends.

By Kristina R

Jun 24, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course! I realized just how litte I knew about the climate and how it effects our planet. I have a new found appreciation for the responsibility of our actions and how we can all make a difference in our Plant's future!

By Torrey W

Dec 31, 2015

This was a great course! A variety of teaching styles (lectures, guest experts, videos, & readings), very well presented, & just fun. The "this is what I do for my research" bits add a personal touch, even tho this is a MOOC. Nicely done.

By Melina E

Jul 30, 2017

this course was very helpful in terms of understanding and being able to address the situation of climate change better. the lecturers were very nice and explained everything well with good examples. great job and thank you!

By Lori G

Sep 15, 2019

I've tried taking other courses on this subject and found the lessons difficult to understand. This one was perfect. Dr. Tillinger explained everything clearly, and now I feel I understand the basics of climate change.

By Dr. B G

Jun 27, 2020

Excellent. Very well discussed and extensive and getting to know how science can be put to good use. Very professional and gave better insights into statistics. Videos were well made along with the background music.

By Mr. P P S

May 01, 2020

Very interesting topics are there in this course. I Have learnt some new information and gain some new facts and knowledge about the future of our Earth. Thank you, American Museum of Natural History and Coursera.

By Albert J

Oct 25, 2015

This is an excellent course. It provides a clear explanation of many climate drivers. Dr Tillenger, especially, is worth listening to. Her clarity is exceptional and her enthusiasm (and concern) are infectious.

By Sara V

Nov 14, 2017

Este curso me pareció una forma muy didáctica, sencilla y clara de aprender sobre los principales problemas ambientales, sus causas, consecuencias y formas de reducir el impacto. Excelentes profesores!

By O J W

May 24, 2016

By William R N J

Jun 10, 2017

By Heather P

May 12, 2020

Really enjoyed the course material and they way it was delivered. The reading all reinforced the lectures and helped us see the information in another format. Well done!

By Dhyan D B P

Jun 24, 2020

A very beautiful and enlightening course. Very apt course to inform the present generation about the effects of climate change and ways of tackling it.

By Jim C

Jul 06, 2016

Really GREAT course. The presenters are ALL very interesting and this is a great condensed presentation of the topic. I wish everyone would take it!

By Negin K

Jul 31, 2017

that was really interesting and useful. I am studying master of geological ecology and that's helping me to understand better a lots of phenomens.

By Smaali A e

Jan 13, 2017

this course is very important for me, it is a mixture of several sciences like energetic and chemical and other.. hope that i can carry for it !!

By Anna M F

Jun 07, 2016

Excelente contenido, lo que más me gusto es que no se enfocan solo en EEUU sino también abordaron la problemática de las Islas del Pacífico Sur.

By Dhanusu

Sep 24, 2019

It's a wonderful course that I have ever seen .I have gathered many information about weather.Kindly give certificate for this.

By Mangalam R

Jul 04, 2020

The course was very useful and the especially the video lectures of Dr.Debra Tillinger were mindblowing. Thankyou

By Joseph C

Sep 15, 2015

Great course! Interesting and informative, it was as much a public service as an academic endeavor. Nicely done.

By Торгаева К О

Mar 20, 2019

I'm highly recommended this course. It gives basic explanation to climate changing events and its consequences.

By Ivana R

Jan 06, 2016

Very thorough, straight-forward and entertaining course. Amazing number of outside sources worth discovering!

By Sharon D

Sep 03, 2016

The examples used were very understandable in relation to course materials. Very thought provoking material.

By Susan T

Apr 28, 2018

I did not expect to learn so much, since I already believe in climate change. thank you for this course.