Back to Our Earth's Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Our Earth's Future by American Museum of Natural History

Our Earth’s Future is about the science of climate change and how to talk about it. You will learn from scientists in the fields of climatology, oceanography, Earth science, and anthropology who study how climate change is affecting people, populations, and ways of life. Explore the multiple lines of evidence for the human-induced climate change that is happening today, and consider what that means for the future of our planet. At the end of this course you will be able to understand key scientific principles, identify and address misconceptions, and contribute confidently to conversations about climate change....

OW

May 24, 2016

Lectures are interesting and understandable. It brought the role the ocean plays into sharp focus and told me things I had not heard before. Now if our politicians would just take the class!

WJ

Jun 10, 2017

Good general introduction to climate change. Does a good job of highlighting both the science behind climate change as well as its impact on human communities now and in the future.

76 - 100 of 137 Reviews for Our Earth's Future

Mar 11, 2016

this course was great and adequate.

By Vi G

Dec 07, 2018

This course is vital and engrossing

By Kina N A

Apr 20, 2020

Very informative and to the point.

By Jhonatan D

Nov 18, 2019

Good and interesting online course

By Susan V G

Jul 09, 2020

thanks a lot for the opportunity

By Prashant S S

May 03, 2019

Very nice and informative course

By ABU J A G

Simply a nice course to learn..

By Andrés M N

Jun 25, 2018

Gran curso. muy bien explicado.

By Bhupendra P S

Nov 04, 2015

loved it

By sivaguru m

Jun 28, 2020

Good

By Mona A A

Jun 26, 2020

GOOD

By Jannat J J

good

By Albert L

Jan 08, 2016

V

By Richard K M

May 04, 2017

Course Review

I thought this was an excellent course, and I quite enjoyed it. Dr Tillinger has crafted an engaging, compelling, and useful course of study regarding climate change science and several important associative issues.

Only a few negatives detract from a five star review:

· As I’ve mentioned previously regarding the several online courses I’ve taken thus far, the video transcripts—though a valuable tool in regard to those presentations—need an additional pass by an attentive copy editor with a good critical ear for science. The transcripts would be so much better when cleaned up and polished. [You should hire me to do this for you by the way.]

· I was disappointed somewhat in the lack of response to several observations I made to several of the listed sources regarding error messages and non-working links. Time to update.

· I was also disappointed in the lack of conversation in the discussion forums. From what I could glean, most posts were from previous iterations of this course. I know you don’t control those numbers, but still . . .

You folks at Coursera have a good thing going, and I’m so pleased I (quite by accident) found you. I look forward to my next course.

By Sylvie B

Jan 10, 2020

I enjoyed the diversity of content across the 5 modules. The reading that follows a video is typically a repeat, and one more comprehensive, than the video itself. Pressed for time, one should do the reading. The pre-quiz is excellent preparation for the quiz, with many questions being repeated in a slightly different form. After this course, I completed a self-assessment of my own carbon emissions to establish a baseline from which I will strive to take actions to reduce my emissions. I've identified air travel as the my area for change. Thank you for being a positive influence

By FRANKLIN S F

Oct 03, 2019

I really liked the course. I expected to see more about the plant's paper on the climate change or alternatives for decrease the greenhouse gases for urban people. The data from quantification of CO2 of consuming meet, ride by car, trucks, etc. could be a interesting way to comprove the anthropogenic emission of CO2. I liked to much, but I think it could be near of us, by the suggestions of alternatives to mitigate CO2 for urban people. Congratulations for the great course. I thank you to much for the opportunity.