Back to Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation by American Museum of Natural History

This course is an introduction to ecology and ecosystem dynamics using a systems thinking lens. Through a case study on Mozambique's Gorongosa National Park, learners will explore how scientists study ecosystems, and investigate the complex array of factors that inform management efforts. At the end of the course, learners will be able to grapple with real-world conservation questions, such as whether an ecosystem can recover from anthropogenic disruption and what role humans can, and should, play in that recovery....

AJ
Jun 1, 2019

This was particularly in-depth on the sciences of ecology, and having it based around a particular conservation project made it easier to follow each progressive lecture and concept that was explored.

YH
Jan 3, 2021

One of the best course, I have ever taken. The materials is not hard to follow and the in-depth explanation gives you a proper new perspective which is still open to debate due to conservation topic

251 - 275 of 727 Reviews for Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation

By Kathleen N O P

Dec 2, 2020

I enjoyed the course! Thank you for your very comprehensive discussions and essays. I like the question and answer part of the lecture.

By Michelle G Y M

Mar 20, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course. It helped to decide if I wanted to pursue a career in conservation. I highly recommend this course!

By MALLA S K

Mar 4, 2020

I'm glad that I'm having the opportunity of learning more about wind ecology , I've been looking for a course like that a long time.

By Mary C

Dec 31, 2020

Very informative. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in ecology, biology, or for anyone who is just curious!

By Sudipta K B

Oct 5, 2020

Very informative about our ecosystem I have also get a positive mindset to study ecology despite being an computer science student.

By Ramiro P

Oct 4, 2019

I am very happy with this course, and I feel like I have learned a lot. I look forward to taking another course on a similar topic.

By XIANGYU S

Sep 18, 2020

An excellent course~! Very good teachers~! It is difficult to catch some academic knowledge~! But I still learnt a lot`! Thanks~!

By Michael S

Sep 23, 2018

An excellent introduction to ecology that will appeal to those who like to think in terms of how components of a system interact.

By Shouryamoy

Sep 27, 2020

Wonderful introduction into the subject. I learnt a lot! It might be useful to design more courses designed around other biomes.

By Amitha B K H

Apr 24, 2020

the course has been organised very carefully to engage the participants minute to the global understanding of ecosystem dynamics

By Dipali G

May 14, 2021

Great courses also create on history topics. Good course.helpful for students studying geography and animals history.

By Timothy G

May 7, 2020

It was very enlightening and dealt with real life scenario. Quite tasking though, but it was really worth the time and efforts.

By H. R K R

Jun 28, 2020

One of the best course I've come across so far. Loved every presentations and the detailed explanations regarding the Ecology.

By Adedapo S B

Jul 5, 2020

This course provides much information about ecosystem dynamics and scientific approaches to the conservation of biodiversity.

By Кузнецов Н Р

Jun 5, 2020

Отличный и полезный курс для всех кто интересуется темой экологии и в общем интересуется процессами на нашей планете! Спасибо

By Marco B

Jan 3, 2021

awesome course! really informative, and complete, I did notice some minor grammatical errors and typos throughout the essays

By Miko T

Aug 23, 2020

Very good course. No information overload but informative enough to stimulate great interest in ecology and the environment.

By KOTA T R

Mar 18, 2020

This course was a great EYE opener and trust me this did bring Great Idea about ur Vegetation to systems and flora and fauna

By Richard O

Jun 4, 2021

Extremely interesting taster on ecology and conservation. I particularly enjoyed the focus on the recovery of Gorongosa NP.

By Erl P M

Sep 20, 2020

Thank you very much for this opportunity to learn. I learn a lot. God bless you all. Keep safe and sound in this pandemic.

By Nishand V

Sep 12, 2020

Wider and innovative perspective to the study of ecology, also it helps us to know the relationship between man and nature

By Missveechuu

Jan 29, 2020

This course helps me to understand my ecology class better. Thank you so much for opening my eyes through exciting course!

By Md. A M P

Throughout this course, I have learned a lot of interesting things and it shaped my thinking about the Ecological System.

By ZEESHAN A

May 13, 2020

Deals with the practical results obtained and comparing with the basic theories of ecology.

Easy to understand and connect

By Lisa S

Oct 5, 2020

I enjoyed all of the videos and readings. Gorongosa has a very interesting history and I am excited about its recovery.