Back to Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation by American Museum of Natural History

This course is an introduction to ecology and ecosystem dynamics using a systems thinking lens. Through a case study on Mozambique's Gorongosa National Park, learners will explore how scientists study ecosystems, and investigate the complex array of factors that inform management efforts. At the end of the course, learners will be able to grapple with real-world conservation questions, such as whether an ecosystem can recover from anthropogenic disruption and what role humans can, and should, play in that recovery....

AJ
Jun 1, 2019

This was particularly in-depth on the sciences of ecology, and having it based around a particular conservation project made it easier to follow each progressive lecture and concept that was explored.

YH
Jan 3, 2021

One of the best course, I have ever taken. The materials is not hard to follow and the in-depth explanation gives you a proper new perspective which is still open to debate due to conservation topic

176 - 200 of 733 Reviews for Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation

By ABHIJIT G

Feb 22, 2021

This is a good course on Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation. I had gone through most of the reading materials and videos and at the end of each chapter, appeared at the Quiz Test.

By CHAWAN M

Oct 20, 2020

Thank you to the instructors for the wonderful lectures and sharing the experiences of the research and knowledge. Looking for for more such courses and an opportunity to work and learn.

By Joshua R G

May 18, 2021

Makes your perspective go on a larger scale due to the intertwined effects of humans to our natural habitat and what we can do to actually live with all organisms on Earth harmoniously.

By María F

May 8, 2021

Great Course!

I've learned a lot about ecology and it's importance nowadays, also how nature works and how human activities can change everything and have a great impact in biodiversity.

By Curbita

Nov 7, 2020

This course was really interesting and well done. I learn a lot of things and ecological processes through examples and all. Thank you very much for sharing all that knowledge with us.

By Laura E P

Apr 29, 2020

Wow. This was an amazingly informative course. The content I timely and relevant to all humans not just those of us involved in ecology and conservation. I am just sad that it is over.

By Mukta J

This is an excellent course for beginners in the field of Ecology. I, myself, had never studied ecology before this. But the amount if understanding I got from this course is immense.

By Sakshi p

Jul 5, 2021

An excellent course that starts from the basics of ecology, explains different concepts, mathematical modelling techniques and finally covers the conservation approach and practices.

By Leaticia K

Jun 30, 2020

Following the case study of Gorongosa National Park made it easy to understand the concepts being taught because they were illustrated in such concrete ways. Very informative course!

By Yinny M C C

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent course! It covers fundamental themes and basic concepts of ecology and the conservation of ecosystems, in an easy way, through a real example "the Gorongosa Natural Park".

By Laode R R

Sep 30, 2021

Its nice to know so much stuff about ecosystem dynamics and conservation. This course give me new insight about conservation itself and us as human being, part of the exosystem.

By roger p

Nov 24, 2020

Good introductory course to understand what is Ecology, conservationism, and the human paper on it.

But the course itself could be more advanced. This way, we could learn deeply.

By Ingrid V R V

Jun 6, 2020

I have taken some courses in this Platform, but I really think this is the best one! I think they are such a passionate people that wake up the desire to deepen in these topics.

By Sharon L B

Jun 1, 2020

Presented professionally, realistic, I loved the material and the subject, and the breadth. I did learn a lot. I would love to follow through. Thank you so much. Sherri B.

By Pedro A

May 3, 2021

a very interessant and educative course, i love it, its really amazing the history of the park and how the ecology can help to make things better for the animales living there

By Zubin A

Apr 8, 2020

An excellent course on the dynamics of ecology and how one goes about maintaining ecosystems. I highly recommend this course to anyone with even a passing interest in ecology.

By Sanchia J

Feb 24, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. The material is comprehensive and understandable. The information is relevant and should be viewed by students at all levels. Thank you :)

By Walter D E C

Jan 10, 2021

This course shows different ways to work in nature restoration. It gives helpful information and self-criticism about how to aboard the study of conservation of biodiversity.

By Muhammad I U

Jul 24, 2020

This course has been wonderfully designed with very informative additional readings and well-structured quizzes. I have learned a good deal of information and course modules.

By Matt M

Jun 12, 2020

Great course! amazing and informative. Took on this course with an idea to pursue a career in conservation, and this course has solidified my goals for the future. Thank you.

By Tim A

Apr 1, 2021

Great material. Interesting, fun, and easy to digest. The quizzes were just the right difficulty level. (Note that the reading material takes longer to read than indicated).

By Jennifer S

Jul 25, 2020

Really impactful course full of valuable resources. All material was of a high quality level and very appropriate in relation to our current climate and biodiversity crises.

By Usa F

Aug 11, 2020

I would say that this course is one of the best course I've ever take. If you're interested in environmental topics (especially in conservation) you should take this course

By Eliza B

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent course. Helps breakdown and illustrate the many complex dynamics involved in ecosystems and how we are all part of a dynamic whole. Enjoyed this course immensely!

By Rhod N

Jun 14, 2018

I recommend this course to everyone who loves Wildlife Conservation. I learned new knowledge and awareness from the very good speakers and the articles presented. Good job!