Back to Electric Power Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Electric Power Systems by University at Buffalo

This course familiarizes you with standards and policies of the electric utility industry, and provides you with basic vocabulary used in the business. It introduces the electric power system, from generation of the electricity all the way to the wall plug. You will learn about the segments of the system, and common components like power cables and transformers. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the first course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

RS
May 9, 2020

The course was very easily explained including all the minor details it's like a journey of powers system where you get to know about all the key elements required to have the knowledge in this field.

MM
Jan 17, 2020

What an Extraordinary Course, I really appreciate meeting with such a skilled professor and a tutor too.\n\nThough his main focus was on the USA and quiz were mainly focusing on the USA not globally.

126 - 150 of 1,612 Reviews for Electric Power Systems

By Ashwini S c

May 7, 2020

It is very useful course for electrical and electronic engineering student who wants to learn the power system generation, transmission and distribution system.

By Asrafuzaman S

Jun 15, 2020

This was a very informative and helpful course. It guided me through the basic staffs in electrical engineering field and this course is full of informations.

By Oscar E C S

Aug 21, 2020

I found the course sensational. I learned a lot of concepts related with my major that I didn't know and I got a best overview of the Electric Power Systems.

By rohit b

Aug 2, 2020

This course is really helped me a lot for understanding electrical power system.

It became simple for me to understand the concepts when i gone through videos

By Muhammad B A H K

May 23, 2020

This course gives basic knowledge about how the electricity infrastructure works; it is very much recommended to beginner and intermediate level of students.

By Robert M

Oct 31, 2020

I enjoyed this class. I liked the broad stroke to the entire electrical system rather than a drilldown of fundamentals or a cloaked "green new deal" class.

By El G R

Sep 5, 2020

this is a great course that resume alot of electrical concept and remind you of things that you may learned a while ago and you forgot so thank you so much

By Hussaini m s

May 6, 2020

Fascinated by the way processor taught us! I appreciate having the part of this online course and I am looking forward to gain more knowledge from coursera

By Samuel Z

May 3, 2021

This is very educating,the analysis and teachings are very impactful,I've not only earn a certificate,I have also obtain knowledge of the power industry

By Alti U B

Very helpful in getting in touch with the subject and helped me learn power systems characteristics to those of USA compared to India and many more stuff

By Maria M

Nov 20, 2020

At times I would get lost in the instructor's words while trying to pay attention to the video information presented. However, I found this course to be

By NJEUNGUE N J F

Jul 1, 2020

Greetings University of Buffalo,

Greetings Sir,

Thank you for this privilege to take this course I have learnt a lot through the lecturer.

Thank you!!!

By Babatunde T O

Jun 29, 2020

This program is power packed and a good exposition to Electric power systems from basics to Generation,Transmission and Distribution of Electricity.

By Khairul A J

May 15, 2020

many new things learn about this couse.it is a fundamental course of power systems.this course is not very difficult for your learning system.thanks

By Yasir I

Jul 23, 2020

The Course "Electric Power System'' is covering the basic key elements of the power system including the main focus on USA power system industries

By Saurabh S D

Jul 21, 2020

It is very wonderful and intresting course and I am very happy to completing this course..And I really got a important knowledge from this course.

By Nisha N

It gives information about power system, why should we go for smart grid, fossil fuels emits more carbon dioxide and it is harmful for environment

By Eduard R S C

Jul 4, 2020

Una gran experiencia; aprendí más la rama de sistemas de potencia, también me ayudó a poner en práctica el idioma inglés, lo recomiendo, Gracias.

By Juan d J N E G

Un curso muy completo, actualizado y flexible que permite una actualización rápida a los interesados en la industria de los sistemas eléctricos.

By Niranjan k M

Hey This is Niranjan kumar Mehta

This course is very understandable and interested.

This plateform is very good to learn electrical power system

By Sahasranshu D

Oct 3, 2020

Valuable information and practical implications of circuit component in power system. That type of course helpful to students and faculty both.

By chebrolu b

Oct 22, 2020

I learned the Basics of electric power systems. It is a very useful course that wants to get some basic knowledge from electric power systems.

By Omkar D

Sep 9, 2020

Awsome , gained a Tremendous of knowledge. i would recommend to do this course, and gain all the basic knoweledge which we miss in our college

By MD. T J

Jun 27, 2020

It was very much educative, informative and i could learn a lot of things about electric power system through this course. Thank you so much.

By Ezekiel O

Jul 9, 2020

Glad to know more about the electric power system, most especially about smart grids. This is definitely a forward step for me in my career.