Back to Electric Power Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Electric Power Systems by University at Buffalo

This course familiarizes you with standards and policies of the electric utility industry, and provides you with basic vocabulary used in the business. It introduces the electric power system, from generation of the electricity all the way to the wall plug. You will learn about the segments of the system, and common components like power cables and transformers. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the first course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

RS
May 9, 2020

The course was very easily explained including all the minor details it's like a journey of powers system where you get to know about all the key elements required to have the knowledge in this field.

MM
Jan 17, 2020

What an Extraordinary Course, I really appreciate meeting with such a skilled professor and a tutor too.\n\nThough his main focus was on the USA and quiz were mainly focusing on the USA not globally.

51 - 75 of 1,603 Reviews for Electric Power Systems

By Viren P

May 16, 2020

In a very lucid and simple way everything had been elucidated. Best thing I like the length of every video was not stretched too much so that we enjoy ourselves in watching and learning. Contents were well structured and very informative too. Thank for everything.

By Nofri W C

Aug 12, 2020

The course was very easily explained including all the minor details it's like a process of electric power systems where you get to know about all the key part - part required to have the knowledge in this field.

Thanks you

Coursera and Mr. Prof. Ilya Grinberg

By Iaron D B T O

Jul 6, 2020

It is an excellent course for those who want a great scene on the Electric Power Systems options, problems, probable solutions, and coming technologies. It is also enough to begin a journey into the probable areas that need future technicians and engineers.

By Krishnanand K

Apr 25, 2020

This quarentine period I got the oppurtunity to complete a coursera course.As an Electrical engineering student im glad that i took this course as it is covers very important basics of electric power systems.The course is ideal and is very informative👌😃

By noor j

Jun 9, 2020

This course is very helpful for me and the way sir is explaining all the material is very attractive and easy . this course enhance my knowledge about Electric Power System

thanks alot to coursera for giving me chance to learn about Electric Power System

By Shreeram J

Aug 8, 2020

This course is an excellent introduction to the system of power generation, distribution and the all the issues regarding the efficiency and need for renewable energy and smart grid. Good enough for beginners, who don't have an engineering background.

By Sheik M

Aug 4, 2020

Basically I have the background of industrial chemistry, this course provided me an extensive information to learn the fundamental of electrical power and the importance of smart grids. Thanks Cousera and Prof. Ilya Grinberg for his excellent lecture.

By Gor K

Nov 17, 2020

This is a well structured and dense course, which provides at the same time links to informative sources. The language of the course is absolutely not opaque but upgrades and structures your energy vocabulary. The lectures are friendly and clear.

By Soorya p S

Feb 2, 2021

Every thing is wonderful since its inception. Excellent.

Only problem was with the Quiz. In many questions the 1st option was : None of the above !!

Similarly in some questions the 1st option was : All of the above !!

It should be modified.

By Priyanka M

Apr 24, 2020

I have studied these topics theoretically but through this I have got real and practical idea of electricity generation, transmission and distribution and related system/ setups in a magical way. Thanks to mentor and to cousera community.

By Ashwini B

Oct 4, 2020

This course is really wonderful. Initially i was not able to contineue this ,but knowedge of this course everyday never allows me to stop ,it says,yes only one or two module .

I m lucky to interact with emiment persanalitites,Thanks a lot.

By Bhargavv B

Jun 12, 2020

The content provided in this course was one of the best basic concepts and the course ended on a note with sustainable energy and usage of smart grids which helps students to get a brief information about future of Electrical Engineering.

By Fırat K

Oct 25, 2020

This course is useful to understand the general concept of generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity. Besides it touches on some current-day problems and technologies such as smart grid, renewable energy sources and etc.

By MUHAMMAD A A

Feb 3, 2020

Best Course i appreciate the instructor efforts that enables me to do a course. Well i am very much excited to say that i learnt many new concepts and things. Thank you for providing me financial aid for this course. May God bless you.

By Muhammad F

Apr 5, 2020

This course helped me a lot in strengthening my concepts regarding electric power system, renewable energy and smart grid technology. I am looking forward to learning more stuff from highly qualified instructors at coursera. Cheera :)

By VAMSI K T

Nov 12, 2020

I remembered my B.TECH days again as I did my B.TECH in EEE. After my education I moved to IT industry. Again after 10 years I got chance to revise my studies. Thanks a lot for this course. I learnt many things through this domain.

By Medisetty v n S

Apr 14, 2020

The electric power system is an interesting topic, I have learnt more in this course, know I have a grip on generation transmission, distribution

Smart gird is also an interesting topic, overall I have learned more by watching this

By Arnab S

It was a great course for those who have an interest in Electricity stuffs and want to persue a career in it . Enthusiasts are always welcome to this course. It introduces you to developing industry of electricity and future works

By Сергеева З В

Apr 4, 2020

Amazing course! Even after 2 years of its completion I come back and revise the notes or watch the videos. There is so much knowledge inside it. So I definitely recommend it to all who want to learn about the electricity industry.

By Ayesha M

Mar 8, 2021

It was really an amazing experience to get knowledge from Coursera platform that gives you an ease of learning with a flexible routine and step by step brief yet well explained video as well as written notes. Well Recommended!!

By Gadaram M

Excellent lecture by expert and got knowledge in electric power systems(generation ,transmission and distribution and also renewable sources ) and known the information regarding electric power systems across world.

By srinivasan g

Aug 2, 2020

I sincerely thank Coursera for providing me this opportunity, the course is designed in such a way that I could brush-up my fundamental concepts in electrical power systems and get updated with next-generation smart grids.

By Juan F C F

Sep 27, 2020

Amazing introduction course to power electrical systems, I use this course to improve my technical English and know-how can develop my skills in data science to measure the performance of the electrical market dynamics.

By Sunita M

May 15, 2020

The course was explained in a very simplistic manner making it easier for even a beginner to gain knowledge without stress. Helped clear the basic concepts regarding the fundamentals of Electric Power system.

Thank you!

By Tasdiq A

Oct 3, 2018

Ideal for people new to energy sector. Gives you a nice overview of electricity generation, transmission and distribution, and switch gear. It was not new for me as an EE, but I guess I signed up for the wrong course.