Back to Electric Power Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Electric Power Systems by University at Buffalo

This course familiarizes you with standards and policies of the electric utility industry, and provides you with basic vocabulary used in the business. It introduces the electric power system, from generation of the electricity all the way to the wall plug. You will learn about the segments of the system, and common components like power cables and transformers. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the first course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

RS

The course was very easily explained including all the minor details it's like a journey of powers system where you get to know about all the key elements required to have the knowledge in this field.

MM

Jan 18, 2020

What an Extraordinary Course, I really appreciate meeting with such a skilled professor and a tutor too.\n\nThough his main focus was on the USA and quiz were mainly focusing on the USA not globally.

76 - 100 of 1,380 Reviews for Electric Power Systems

By Ansari M I A R

Mar 17, 2020

Very interesting course and I have enhanced my knowledge related to topics like Switch gear and protection system, Transmission lines, Transformers and very best topic is Smart Grid.

By MD. M R

This course provides basic idea about "Electrical Power Systems". Learning from coursera is interesting . This was my first course from coursera. I enjoyed this course very much .

By NAVEENTHEERTHAN S S

Apr 13, 2020

The faculty was good and the course was interesting as well offered a great amount of information on smart grids and the various protection stuff for the electrical power systems

By EnGR M

There always something you miss in the classes. But here there is the pause and redo option. The course has insights that can helped me get interest to go deep and understand.

By Rospopchuk M

Mar 30, 2020

This course provided a basic knowledge and general understanding of the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity. I find the course very useful for beginners.

By Sameera W

Jan 01, 2020

Got a great high level understanding of the electric grid. A slight improvement would be changing to metric units and give a more global perspective than limiting to US grid.

By Rehab a a h

Aug 03, 2020

Good course, it is exciting course. I have inquire how I can get the certificate because already I complete all the assignments and Just I want to print out the certificate

By SURIYA V

Jun 13, 2020

Thank you Mr.Ilya Grinberg for teaching me through this course journey, the instructor refreshed my knowledge in electrical systems, finally i enjoyed the smart grid topic.

By Neeraj K

Jun 25, 2020

It was worth learning this course

It gave me basic idea of how electrical energy is important.

i will recommend this to basic learners so they get basic idea of electricity.

By vikram k

Sep 19, 2020

it was great experience to learn basic of electrical energy power system and to be aware of new and smart technologies which are being adopted by many advanced countries

By Erdem C A

Dec 03, 2019

Statics and graphs could be updated and It should give information not only for USA but Europe as well. Overall Great course. I learned some much gain and info. Thanks

By Orchi G

Aug 16, 2020

The road map to success part which is given in the end of the course is very informative and helpful. The key takeaways are very good as a summary of the whole course.

By Muhammad A

Apr 16, 2020

its all wonderful course. I enjoyed it and learn many new things in this course. i want to suggest you please provide also animation and explained in detail. thank you

By Himanshu B

Jul 18, 2020

The course is great . It covers all the aspects of power system with an approach to give the practical idea. The side resources are also very informative and helpful.

By NISHANTHY J

Aug 19, 2020

Very useful course ...The professors are all taught lessons very motivative...I got many things.Thank you so much for gave encouraging me and for do some assignments

By Pavan P

Jul 06, 2020

Love the simplicity of the course. It is explained in a very detailed and statistical way. I wish there was more theory to the components of a substation. Thank You!

By MRS. S P

May 03, 2020

Thank you Professor for the wonderful lecture. starting from the basics of electricity to the current smart grid technology, the lecture videos are very informative.

By Aleksandr S

Jun 17, 2020

Many thanks to organisers of the course! It was an interesting and fruitful path. The course gave broad understanding of electric power systems and their prospects.

By Amy D

This was an incredibly useful course that was easy to digest - perfect for someone who is interested to have a high level understanding into electric power systems!

By Mazeda Z M

Jun 04, 2020

This course is very good. I learned many things about electric power generation,Generation, Transmission, & Distribution, switchgear system and renewable energies.

By Devesh P K

Jun 02, 2020

I am thankful to Ilya Grinberg to teach us the Electric Power Systems. It was a great course with huge knowledge perks and would give my regards to him.

By Rohan D S

Very informative and excellent explanation by the tutor.

Learned a lot from this course and it will be helpful as I'm an electrical engineering student. Thank you.

By Md.Mazidul H

This course provides us with sequence of new knowledges.It's very much understable.It enriched my knowledge and gave me a chance to think things in a clear way.

By AMIT M

Feb 18, 2020

Excellent course that touch all points related to topic theoritically and real view practically aspects.

I wants to say thanks to u from the buttom of my heart.

By Vinay K G

This course helps any electrical engineer to understand the basic concept of the power system, especially substation structure, smart grid and renewable energy.