Back to Introduction to Engineering Mechanics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Engineering Mechanics by Georgia Institute of Technology

This course is an introduction to learning and applying the principles required to solve engineering mechanics problems. Concepts will be applied in this course from previous courses you have taken in basic math and physics. The course addresses the modeling and analysis of static equilibrium problems with an emphasis on real world engineering applications and problem solving. The copyright of all content and materials in this course are owned by either the Georgia Tech Research Corporation or Dr. Wayne Whiteman. By participating in the course or using the content or materials, whether in whole or in part, you agree that you may download and use any content and/or material in this course for your own personal, non-commercial use only in a manner consistent with a student of any academic course. Any other use of the content and materials, including use by other academic universities or entities, is prohibited without express written permission of the Georgia Tech Research Corporation. Interested parties may contact Dr. Wayne Whiteman directly for information regarding the procedure to obtain a non-exclusive license....

PS
Jul 15, 2020

THE COURSE WAS VERY INTRESTING AND LIFETIME USEFULL STUFF BEING TOUGHT. TYANKS TO Dr. WHITEMAN he is really good explainer had a great experience and I'm sure gonna join more courses by Dr. WHITEMAN.

MA
Jul 27, 2020

It has been a fantastic journey of five weeks. The teaching style is excellent. I Will suggest every graduate student take this course to make a good understanding. Overall it is an excellent course.

51 - 75 of 786 Reviews for Introduction to Engineering Mechanics

By JUAN S S S

Dec 9, 2020

I'm very grateful with this opportunity. I can improve my knowledge about body statics in 2D and 3D. Similary, I reinforce the concepts of those theories and the mathamatic model.

Thank you very much to Georgia Tech and Dr. Wayne Whiteman. I hope to have other opportunity of learning with you.

By Rohan C

Dec 4, 2020

One of the best courses I have seen online. The professor is really good, and the way he explains the concepts is amazing. I highly recommend this course for undergraduate students. I can proudly say that after taking this course I feel that my concepts are more clear. Thank you Mr. Whiteman.

By xin z

Mar 29, 2016

Very clear in terms of style of teaching. Very impressive. I was an EE student and now a postdoc in aeronautical engineering and was in desparate need of a course in introductory mechanical engineering. This couse suits me perfectly. I will continue in other courses of this specialization.

By Abhishek N

Aug 29, 2020

A very nice course for increasing our knowledge can help people of all age group would have been better if the certification of free courses were free what we can do about that, afterall nothing is free in life, still i would like to thank coursera for this wonderful course

By Rodrigo A G G

Dec 12, 2015

Excellent professor, excellent explanations, sometimes a little bit hard to understand for a beginner or he went a little to fast, however I was able to get help in the comment section.

I will definitely suscribe to his following course on Mechanical Engineer. Thank you.

By Sowmya P

Aug 2, 2020

The course is a beginner level introduction to mechanics. This is at the level of an undergrad 1 or 2 semester course. The instructor was very detailed in his explanation and the course content is very well distributed over all the weeks. Would definitely recommend.

By Pablo J R A

Feb 24, 2018

Very informative video lectures and exercises, slight issues when getting used to the imperial system, however I was still able to understand the ideas and exercises. An overall excellent course that I recommend to anyone considering engineering as a career option.

By Sammam S

This course was fun to complete. The concepts which are essential for further understanding of mechanics were introduced with suitable examples. The quizzes and exercises were also engaging and realistic. A big thanks to the instructor for his intuitive approach.

By Abu S S

Apr 6, 2020

Thank you very much Dr. Wayne Whiteman for making this course so much interesting to learn and informative. I am a lecturer and I take this course at my University. I learned a lot from here which I think I would be able to deliver in a better way to my student.

By Bradley S

Nov 6, 2015

Great course and excellent refresher. Dr. Whiteman provided slides for all modules with spaces to write down the examples as following through the course. Use of props were excellent also, as my prof didn't use any props when I did this in Uni many years ago!

By Jonathan K W

Aug 16, 2015

An excellent and worthwhile introduction, this course is a definite must for all mechanical engineering students especially those like me who have yet to take a mechanics: statics course in college. This course will provide adequate background to get started.

By S Y

Oct 14, 2018

Amazing course. Everything is explained practically by Dr. Whiteman. The examples and practice exercise given are challenging. It improves problem-solving skills for mechanics. And after taking this course I am definitely able solve some mechanical systems.

By MEHUL P

May 13, 2020

Very informative, very good presentation, very clear study notes, excellent practical questions and their solutions. This course helped me so much that my basic doubts are completely cleared now. Thank you so much sir for this excellent course. Thank you.

By Aly d

Sep 23, 2016

Enjoyed thoroughly! The professor seems to be quite friendly ad overall the course is quite easy to follow and understand. Also liked the concept of asking questions between modules to stimulate thinking and revision of prior topics. Huge thums UP :D.

By Ekin K

Dec 6, 2020

I am currently reviewing my engineering skills, and thanks to Mr. Whiteman's course, I had a great chance to reevaluate my skills for statistics. It was a good practice. Thanks again to Mr. Whiteman and Coursera too. Hope to see you in other courses.

By Gaurav S

Jan 27, 2018

This course really helps me to learn basic of mechanics. Video lectures are to the point. Need more questions in quiz and also take a final test from the complete syllabus. Thank you very much to prof. Dr. Wayne Whiteman for this awesome course.

By Sofiia K

Jul 3, 2020

This is such a great course for sixth form students who want to study engineering in uni, because this course offers an "undergraduate" approach to solving mechanics problems.

The explanations were relatively straightforward and easy to follow.

Aug 26, 2015

It's a great course. You'll learn a lot and you'll be totally happy if you can apply the knowledge from the course in the real world. And it's great if you already want to learn some basics before you start studying at a college or university.

By tarun y

Apr 20, 2020

A very good course for understanding the basics behind the various engg problems.

the course delivery methodology is easy to follow & understand right from the basics, I'm grateful to Dr. Wayne Whiteman for offering such a wonderful course.

By Gregory T

Oct 26, 2020

Good introduction or refresher for beginners mechanics. This will set the ground work for the Statics and Dynamics courses that follow. The professor does a great job teaching and has a clear enthusiasm for the work he does. Thank you.

By Ehigie I

Dec 1, 2020

this introduction to engineering mechanics course is the best. you will need to practice a lot but the basic understanding of all concept is fully covered in this course. i would recommend that more challenging problems should be solved

By Степан

Dec 2, 2016

If you know the topic this course will be excellent way to remind it to yourself with learning new sides of known material. If you just started to learn mechanics this course will give you indispensible basics knowledge in detailed way.

By Anuj S

Jul 30, 2020

THIS COURSE GAVE ME A GOOD EXERIENCE ON SOLVING REAL LIFE ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS AND I GOT TO DEVELOP AND IMPROVE MY CONCEPTS ON MECHANICS,I AM HIGHLY THANKFUL TO WAYNE WHITEMAN SIR,IT WILL BE A PLEASURE OF MINE TO MEET YOU SIR.....

By Tarek R

Sep 8, 2015

I would like to thank you for this wonderful course, I am a Mechanical Engineer, I studied outside the US and this course with other courses are very useful and the way this course was presented is simple yet with so much information.

By Samuel Q P

Mar 24, 2018

A very good introductory course. It's well presented by professor Ethan Whiteman. English is my second languange and I'm just intermediate level but I was able to understand de lessons perfectely. Thank so much for the opportunity.