Back to Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success by Michigan State University

4.4

This course is the first in a series on starting a business. Though new venture creation is the focus of the specialization, this course is important for everyone.To create a successful business it is not only about what you do (technical execution), it is also about how you think. This course provides learners with insights to re-frame their thinking in order to maximize their chances for success. So what can a learner expect to gain from this course? At the end of this course a learner: 1.) will be able to argue effectively against all of the reasons for not starting their business (or reaching some goal); 2.) will be able to operate effectively within the new framework or model for starting a business (or any new endeavor), thus increasing their chances for success; and 3.) will be able to make the initial business startup decisions of what type of business to start, and what type of business owner to be. Having an entrepreneurial mindset is critical to being successful as an entrepreneur. An entrepreneurial mindset stands alone in terms of its importance. No other attribute, personality, inherent entrepreneurial proclivities, training, or demographic profile is common to all successful entrepreneurs whether Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, or the neighborhood florist or grocer. The course provides learners with an understanding of the attributes and perspectives of an entrepreneurial mindset, and the process to acquire one. We suggest that learners bring an open mind and be willing to thoroughly explore the nascent business ventures they have been carrying with them.The course introduces concepts that enables a person to start a trans-formative process in the way they think generally, and in the way they think about business specifically. This new way of thinking has the potential to positively impact not only them, but their family, and community....

MR
Aug 16, 2020

This course is very helpful for who want to start a business venture. This course already changed my opinion about starting a business. Thanks to all who crate this type course.

PV
Jul 25, 2020

Well structured and balanced. This has helped me to better understand what is required to not just start a business, but how to use the mindset at work to trial new things.

26 - 50 of 141 Reviews for Developing An Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success

By Manana J

Feb 14, 2021

The course does a good job in changing the mindset to more entrepreneurial: it exposes you to new ideas and helps you to understand what are your doubts and fears before starting a business, and look at them from a different angle.

However, I feel that the course could be improved in following aspects:

1) technically, there are some errors/problems with the course (e.g. in the submissions we are supposed to add links to our work, but then links are impossible to click or copy when assignment is reviewed; some questions have errors - the content should be re-reviewed to fix this)

2) I don't like the fact that during lectures (videos) the visualizations often don't match the audio content. Instructor talks about one things, and something completely different is on the slide. It's not helping, it's distracting. Because of that it's hard to focus on the lecture.

3) Some questions in the quizzes don't make much sense to me. They rely on memorizing content rather than understanding it (e.g. asking for definitions). It would be nice if questions were based on some examples, asking about implementation rather than theory.

4) I would like to know the background of the instructors. Have they successfully started their own businesses in the past? If not, why should I believe what they say? Saying something about their experience would make the course more credible.

By Joseph G

Oct 28, 2019

The course is entirely an exercise for convincing oneself that they can start a business (that is, to dissuade one's learned myths that hold them back from getting started). Once you've convinced yourself that there's nothing to stop you from starting your business, the course doesn't serve a further purpose. I stopped maybe halfway through and skipped to Course 3.

By Katherine d J C R

Apr 18, 2021

I loved it, it has motivated me to achieve my dream of starting a business. The concept of the course is very complete, focused on the fact that everything depends on the mentality and correct use of your resources and opportunities.

By Samantha R

Mar 31, 2021

Es un curso genial para los que estén dispuestos a tomar las riendas de su propio destino y llenarse de confianza y empoderamiento para lanzar su propio negocio o para mejorar su manera de pensar, muy recomendado

By Franklin A R F

Mar 26, 2021

Ha sido un curso que me ha ayudado mucho en conocer los principales mitos que existen en el inicio de un emprendimiento. La mayoría de ellos son temores que no te permiten volver realidad tu idea. Recomendado!

By Richard A M M

Apr 12, 2021

Very good course. It helped me a lot to understand the process of starting an entrepreneurship project and give me confidence to start one.

By You H

Jul 22, 2020

I had no idea what i have to do for doing my own business. But it's more clear now and i'm motivated to start researching for my business!

By Sandipkumar P

Aug 5, 2018

I learned basic principles of starting a business as an entrepreneur. Very inspirational and useful to get correct mindset for business.

By Liliana M D Á H

Apr 18, 2021

Este curso te enseña a salir de tu zona de confort y te brinda herramientas para mejorar tu pensamiento emprendedor.

By Mattias N

May 22, 2016

This gave an opportunity to present a product and show how easy it is to start preparing to launch your own startup!

By Monique J

Sep 18, 2020

Wow I had to go back and refine my website after course! I am hungry for more going to take another course...

By DSQuest

Feb 9, 2017

Great course - the best beginning for everyone to being entrepreneur. Not only in business but in whole life.

By MphoNare

Dec 30, 2020

its an excellent course to take if your looking to be in the right state if mind as an entrepreneur.

By Houssam A

Apr 17, 2017

Very good way to shift your mindset and show you that its really possible to start your own business

By Daniela F

Feb 23, 2016

Course was clear and the exercises were very important to make us reflect and improve our mindset.

By pritish b

Sep 5, 2018

Its a very interesting and informative course. I have also recommended my friends and colleagues.

By Jaime A A H

Apr 18, 2021

realmente aprendí muchisimo gracias por la oportunidad de poder aprender mediante esta modalidad

By Ahasanul B H

May 22, 2018

One of the best course on this platform. Very good content. And instructors were also very good.

By Mechyle O B

Jan 26, 2021

This course was indeed an eye opener and I will highly recommend to all students at any level

By Dnyaneshwar M

Aug 21, 2020

Ok i learn in this course. How to first our mindset chang then we achive what does we want.

By Renzo O E

Mar 28, 2021

Excellent way to start a long journey and learn the right process from great professionals!

By Samuel H

Feb 2, 2018

Great information presented in easy to understand manner. Great teachers, much appreciated!

By ayesha

Aug 31, 2020

I never take this kind of amazing course before. Thanks for course materials and lectures.

By DEBASIS P

Sep 9, 2020

This course content and learning methodologies are very enriching and thought provoking .

By Oriel R

Jul 8, 2020

Very interesting course. Down to earth and with some very eye-opening facts and paradigms