Back to Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Environmental law may be the one institution standing between us and planetary exhaustion. It is also an institution that needs to be reconciled with human liberty and economic aspirations. This course considers these issues and provides a tour though existing legal regimes governing pollution, water law, endangered species, toxic substances, environmental impact analyses, and environmental risk. Note: The Environmental Law & Policy Course will close for new learner enrollment on February 22, 2019. Learners who have already enrolled will continue to see it on their Coursera Dashboard as long as they remain enrolled in the course. If you are currently enrolled in this course, please see the announcement sent on February 19, 2019, for additional details....

LH
Apr 19, 2018

Incredible course with an engaging professor who makes you want to learn more with every lesson.\n\nThe best course I saw on Coursera and exactly what I would appreciate in any course, online or not.

MS
Jun 2, 2020

Really great class. Covers all the main topics of environmental law. The Professor is very interesting, informative, and clear. A great introductory class for environmental topics in the legal realm.

126 - 150 of 554 Reviews for Introduction to Environmental Law and Policy

By John Z

Dec 19, 2015

I enjoyed the course and especially enjoyed Donald Hornstein's teaching style - upbeat, dynamic, funny at times and interesting always. I actually looked forward to each lesson throughout the course. Thanks...

By Sleptsova V N

Sep 27, 2020

Great and informative course. Thank you a lot Donald Hornstein you are a wonderful teacher who give an information clearly and positively. It was a pleasure to listen to you and the material you were sharing!

By Patricio A

Nov 17, 2020

An exceptional course, with good material, didactic.

He has a great professor in charge, as well as a lot of jurisprudence vital to understand the environmental conflict, causes and solutions made by the USA.

By Jessica B

Jun 26, 2020

Very interesting course, I knew nothing about law before doing this course but my studies are focused n the environment and climate change. It was good to get a law based perspective on environmental issues

By Travis C S

Oct 17, 2016

The teacher is so fun and the course was very informative. I actually cared about not only the content, which had me interested in the first place, but how it was presented, and I learned a lot. Thank you.

By Adesh K M

Feb 10, 2019

It was a very nice course which teaches about various environmental laws and policies. Sir Donald Hornstein tells each type of case study very detailed and you as a student get to know various new things.

By Elizabeth V

Oct 13, 2017

excellent course. great videos, excellent readings. This was fantastic. It makes me want to change my career path to study environmental law. I loved it. thanks for making this so easy to understand and

By Amanda M

Dec 8, 2015

Great course. Really enjoyed this introduction to environmental law and policy. Many issues and concepts were covered and the professor delivered the content in a interesting and well structured manner.

By Sharon D M

Sep 25, 2015

Excellent overview, interesting presenter (passionate about subject, knowledgeable and entertaining) and well organized in content. I would strongly recommend to anyone interested in environmental law.

By Kim G

Oct 16, 2016

For a $49 course through UNC - the teaching was stellar and very informative! This course is a great supplemental course for anyone with a environmental science or even meteorology degree, like myself!

By Margerie S

Jun 2, 2020

By Takayuki U

Nov 7, 2015

I was very satisfied with this course because it described the system and policy regarding Environmental Law in U.S., and provided the relationship between the current law and conventional nuisance.

By Casandra L F

Jun 11, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. The topics discussed were relevant to today and the tutor maintained my interest throughout. I will definitely do other courses with this tutor, once relevant to me.

By Nathan S

Apr 4, 2018

Professor Hornstein made the information clear and relevant to the students. His method of using polls during the videos helped to make the learning more dynamic and interactive, even digitally.

By Katherine S

Oct 22, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and the professor's ability to eloquently describe different aspects in (environmental) law in an understandable way. I'll have to continue to take more courses!

By Harsh M

Jun 12, 2020

This course is a great introduction to positive environmental law. The only area that I think that there could be room for improvement on is that I wish that there were more written assignments.

By Lakshman S

Aug 9, 2020

Excellent course! Introduces the learners the wonderful world of environmental law - both conceptually and technically. Very well-paced and excellent compilation of cases from across the world.

By Letsiwe T D

Aug 4, 2020

Prof. Don Hornstein is one of the best professors I've had the priviledge of being taught by. I enjoyed his teaching style and course content immensely. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

By Samir B

May 13, 2020

A very useful course. Although basic, but very very stimulating. I have downloaded a few books on environmental Law and want to go deeper, explore more and probably do a regular course later.

By not c

Sep 1, 2020

I have no previous experience with policy and find it quite intimidating at times. This course made it easy to understand and draw conclusions based on past cases and possible future cases.

By Isaac M C

Jun 23, 2020

I learned a lot About Enviromental Law not only of United States, but also of many other nations on cases related enviromental issues and how to solve them with the correct legal procedure.

By Karmela S M

Oct 17, 2020

I enjoy the course, the whole syllabus and contents were well prepared and easy to understand. Instructor was really informative and organized. Thank you for your dedication and efforts.

By Saya B

Oct 3, 2015

This is an amazing course by an amazing lecturer. I've taken classes in environmental ethics and environmental impact assessment and this is a wonderful addition to that knowledge base.

By Lucie G

Nov 18, 2016

Amazing course! The teacher keeps it super interesting from start to end! Its definitely useful if you want to get into laws and policies and you have no background knowledge about it!

By Stephanie S

Oct 17, 2016

Very interesting and practical course that focuses on case readings and the understanding of concepts, precedents and theories on environmental law. Great for begginers on the subject.