Back to Surveillance Systems: Analysis, Dissemination, and Special Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Surveillance Systems: Analysis, Dissemination, and Special Systems by Johns Hopkins University

In this course, we'll build on the previous lessons in this specialization to focus on some very specific skills related to public health surveillance. We'll learn how to get the most out of surveillance data analysis, focusing specifically on interpreting time trend data to detect temporal aberrations as well as person, place, and time in the context of surveillance data. We'll also explore strategies for the presentation of surveillance data and some of the complex legal elements that affect its use. We'll then turn our attention to surveillance of non-communicable chronic diseases and how the data can be used to support prevention efforts. Finally, we'll explore special surveillance systems, such as syndromic surveillance, antimicrobial resistance, and event-related surveillance. This course is designed for public health practitioners with a focus on those working on health surveillance in municipal, regional, state, provincial, or even national public health agencies. We really think that this course will help those with an interest in health surveillance to see which approaches are used in actual practice of public health....

FS

The course was very insightful and helped to solidify and peak my interest for gaining more knowledge of surveillance techniques.

RF

Aug 22, 2020

Excellent course, lots of practical information useful for many situations in my experience. Thank you for this opportunity.

1 - 25 of 33 Reviews for Surveillance Systems: Analysis, Dissemination, and Special Systems

By Victor R D V G

Jun 06, 2020

A clear and thorough discussion by Dr. Baral! Another great topic!

By Max N A

May 03, 2020

I did this course as part of the "Epidemiology in Public Health Practice Specialization". This course gave me a little bit of extra information, but I didn't lear many new things. Additionally, it seems outdated in some of its content.

By RAJ S

Jun 19, 2020

HIGHLY DEPRESSIVE COURSE INSTRUCTOR

By Amina K E

Apr 21, 2020

Thank you so much for this informative course. I learned about a lot of new approaches here. it's just that we don't apply most of them in my country here. But still, It was very beneficial and it's going to help me in my future career. Thanks again :).

By Diana I C C

I think it was a great course, to learn about the different surveillance systems that exist, and that one can use to make informed decisions or even plan to implement one of the various surveillance systems in one´s country.

By Charles W

May 07, 2020

Very well organized slides - thank you!

I think there was one question on a quick about outbreaks that wasn't covered in the lectures, but this may be OK given that you can re-take the quiz without penalty.

By Josue G G T

Jun 25, 2020

Buen Curso, te abre las puertas a la epidemiologia en estados unidos y a nivel global, y te da una introducción a los sistemas de vigilancia en epidemias

By IULIIA M

Apr 09, 2020

Great course! I've enjoyed it and learned a lot. I'll apply this knowledge on my data science projects. Many thanks to the course team!

By Frank S

By Ricardo V F

Aug 22, 2020

By Mike M

Apr 21, 2020

It's a wonderful course for anyone with interest in gaining additional knowledge in Public Health.

By Jennifer O

Mar 21, 2020

Great course! There were excellent cases of using different types of surveillance systems.

By Tabitha K

May 06, 2020

I learned so much that I applied to my current skill.

By Ian C

May 01, 2020

Very useful information for anyone in health

By Rayees A L

Apr 26, 2020

Grear

By GLORIYA V

Aug 26, 2020

Good

By Mona A A

Jul 19, 2020