Back to Essential Epidemiologic Tools for Public Health Practice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Essential Epidemiologic Tools for Public Health Practice by Johns Hopkins University

In order to make a difference in the health and well-being of a population, we must understand the burden of all problems and conditions that affect the population, as well as how well our efforts to mitigate these problems are actually working. This course provides you with some essential skills and tools that will enhance your ability to describe and understand the health of your community. The tools that epidemiologists use are in fact useful for all public health practitioners, including data scientists, program officials, agency leaders, and policymakers. Whether you are deeply enmeshed in your career and looking to augment your skills, or are looking to change career paths into the field of public health, this course will give you some of the practical knowledge and skills that we hope you can apply in your professional endeavors....

KG

Apr 03, 2020

The lessons are very helpful and the method of teaching is very straightforward. I just wish there would have been handouts for the exercises so that we can easily keep a file for future reference.

MS

Mar 29, 2020

This course was a simple and easy-to-follow introduction to some integral programs that are used by public health practitioners. I highly recommend spending a few hours learning from this course!

76 - 100 of 449 Reviews for Essential Epidemiologic Tools for Public Health Practice

By Immaculate A O

Apr 10, 2020

I totally loved the course content. The only limitation was the inability to contact the tutor or any other support staff (for the times the site was down). The tutor is a great one too

By Andrieieva I

Jul 24, 2020

he Essential Epidemiologic Tools for Public Health Practice course provided an opportunity to learn new work skills. An interesting section is Mapping of Epidemiologic Data. Thank!

By Jacqueline S

Mar 29, 2020

Very insightful! Straight to the point and allows you to read along as you hear the course. This is very helpful as sometimes it is difficult to hear. Great content in each section

By Deja H

Apr 25, 2020

I enjoyed this course because it is preparing me for a field I would like to get into. As well as helping me refresh as I enter my Masters program in Public health in the fall.

By Arushi G

Sep 07, 2020

Easy to understand and grasp concepts. Well explained by the training faculty. Availability of practical tools and practice applications made it even more worthwhile. Awesome!

By Sarah V

Jun 29, 2020

I learned so much from this course. Spatial epidemiology and the software used really lends good insight and beginning knowledge into the field. Useful tools and information.

By Akshita R

Jul 04, 2020

I loved the curriculum of this course. Very informative. It also helped me ponder over the methods being used in epidemiology & what more could be done to improvise upon it.

By HERMANO A L R

May 08, 2020

Great course! I would like to congratulate everyone involved in the production of the course, as well as thank for the teachings. Very good to learn and apply Epidemiology.

By Aaron S

May 03, 2020

Amazing! Simply, amazing. Thorough yet concise and enriching content. Instruction was very good quality and nurturing. I got an A in this! I recommend this specialization.

By André M

Jun 20, 2020

Professor Chandran is the best part of this course - wonderfully pleasant speaking voice and her inflections while speaking keep you interested in learning the material.

By Rita d C C M

Aug 10, 2020

Excellent course! Really gave more insight on some aspects we cannot miss when working with Epidemiology and Public Health. Worked as a refreshment and a stimulation.

May 05, 2020

The course was well taught and concise without removing important concepts. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about the different Epidemiological tools for public health.

Mar 31, 2020

This was an excellent introductory course for using epidemiological tools! I was able to complete the course in one day thanks to the stay-at-home order in Maryland.

By Nicholas K

Apr 04, 2020

Material of this course was excellently focused and delivered well. Enjoyed the interactive components to the curriculum. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Maria L C S

Jul 16, 2020

Thank you! The course was what I expected. I loved all the videos and I think they helped a lot to understand the importance and duty of epidemiology for society!

By Joyce D F

Jun 11, 2020

Incredibly helpful course for every health practicioner. Dr. Chandran's voice is also very soothing and helps my brain retain the stuff I've learned. Thank you.

By Juan L

Awesome course! I would like if you can add examples and a workshop per week. Thank you so much! I hope to start the second course of this spetialization soon!

By Robert M

Jul 11, 2020

it was a great privilege for me to have a course with you. I learned much from your institution. Thanks and I hope to have more courses with in the future.

By Samantha H

Aug 03, 2020

To the course instructor: Thank you for a very refreshing course!

Appreciations: Samantha Henry, Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar Alumni, Guyana, South America

By Hannah K M L

Apr 29, 2020

This course is a must for those who do not have enough time to relearn the basic principles of epidemiology! It is short yet full of valuable information!

By William X G F

Jul 10, 2020

A very helpful course even for those willing to explore the field.I had 0 knowledge about the tools but the detailed explanations made it easy to follow.

By Liliana d l S M

Apr 02, 2020

Apresentações claras, com explicações detalhadas e exemplos que permitem facilmente assimilar o conteúdo! Curso que certamente auxilia o profissional!

By Mahdi H

Jun 26, 2020

Thanks to Coursera and John Hopkins University for arranging such courses. I believe it will help us to enrich our knowledge and to pursue our goals.

By Mahmoud T T S

Aug 24, 2020

Very very good course that provides all needed background about basic epidemiological tools with great illustration from the instructor Dr. Aruna :)

By Md. A H

Jun 20, 2020

It gives me an immense pleasure to review this course. This course was awesome special the GIS part of the course. Thanks a lot, Aruna Chandran