Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 12, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

251 - 275 of 781 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Marianne B

Jun 10, 2018

I will use this in my work as a public health nurse. This is a good first step to understanding epidemiology.

By Isabel J

Aug 14, 2017

Good overview of public health and a great refresher of the concepts I learned during my MPH courses. Thanks!

By Gedoni G E

Aug 13, 2019

The course was very enlightening and was taught at a level which beginners like me could easily understand.

By Ana M G C

Sep 27, 2018

Excelente curso. dan los conceptos esenciales y básicos para lograr entender todo en cuanto a epidemiología

By Venugopal G

Nov 02, 2015

As a novice to the field of epidemiology, I have found that the course is very informative and insightful.

By Ved p P

Jul 16, 2020

This course gave me great understanding of measures of association and statistic behind the Public Health

By MANOJ K

May 15, 2018

Excellent course for students or professionals who want to learn the fascinating science of epidemiology

By Tochukwu I

Nov 14, 2016

Interesting course excellently delivered by two of the best minds in epidemiology. highly recommended...

By sanju g

Nov 02, 2015

it was like a summary-short, clear and of great importance to all the learners of epidemiology! Thankyou

By Lara V A

Jun 03, 2020

Excelente introducción al estudio de la Epidemiologia, aprendí y disfruté en el proceso. Muchas gracias

By Luis R R R

Oct 14, 2017

Is easy to learn the subjects because they are well explained, and this course has excellent professors

By Bharath P

Apr 25, 2020

Amazing Course. With experience in biostatistics I had a great time in applying them in public health.

By Kelechi U

Apr 25, 2020

Excellent course. Very Helpful in forming a foundation for thinking in public health. Highly recommend

By Gleicy H

Apr 30, 2019

Awesome material!! It helped to remember a lot concepts that I studied 10 years ago! I do recommend :)

By Ezra P S

May 15, 2020

A magnificent course, with clear explanations. Best course for all who wants to learn epidemiology.

By Andrea C R

Aug 14, 2018

Buenísimo!! Muy claro para aprender sobre epidemiología, especialmente sobre Medidas de Asociación.

By Alexia M

Aug 23, 2017

Great introduction! The course provided excellent resources and lectures that were easy to follow.

By Courtenay W

May 09, 2020

This course was great and I think is appropriate for people at a huge range of educational levels!

By Claudia P B D O

Jul 21, 2017

Wonderful course, I was able to learn so much about epidemiology due to understandable vocabulary.

By CHAINTI-ANTONELLA V

May 02, 2020

It was a well-organised course, providing a good revision of the basic knowledge of Epidemiology.

By Kevin R S

Aug 18, 2019

Amazing at explaining biostatistic concepts and the principles of epidemiology. Great experience!

By Adelard K

Apr 30, 2018

Très bon cours, je le recommande à tous ceux et celles qui veulent débuter dans la santé publique

By Steve S

Very well organized with clear, precise format. I enjoyed the quality of the learning materials.

By Nicolás R R

Aug 19, 2018

Es un curso muy interesante para la introducción al campo de la epidemiología. Muy recomendable.

By Carolina M

Jan 08, 2018

LOVED IT! Very informative and so many resources to branch out and explore more about the field.