Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N
Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

251 - 275 of 920 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Raquel G A

Jun 21, 2020

I loved this course because it was very precise with the concepts and provided simple examples. It was an excellent decision.

By Büşra Ş B

Sep 27, 2020

For a curious person to apidemiology, this course should be perfect. I enjoy this course and i learn too much informations.

By Liliana R L V

Jul 30, 2018

This course was very clear. The struture was very easy to follow but you learn a lot. Great additional resources! Congrats!

By K. A K

Feb 2, 2016

Loved this course! I learned a lot, as this is my first course on the topic, and had no trouble understanding the material.

By Bryan J C C

Jan 14, 2016

Informative and complete, accurately provides the basics of the course. Perfect foundation for going deeper into the study.

By Naghmeh N M

Aug 18, 2015

Well organized and while challenging, fluent course materials in this course provides a fine introduction to Epidemiology.

By Parimal C B

Jul 4, 2020

Great Course to enter the field of epidemiology. The course has ignited an interest in me to move forward in this field.

By Jamie

May 13, 2020

Felt like I came out of it a lot stronger and more confident in my foundation when evaluating research as an optometrist.

By Numan U

May 3, 2020

Nice course. Very useful materials, and the instructors were very helpful; they broke it down and made it understandable.

By Abdullah A

Oct 12, 2019

This is course is a very good introduction for anyone interested in entering the field of epidemiology and public health.

By Maria F G R

Apr 2, 2017

Excelente introducción a la epidemiología y el material. Muy útil para repasar conceptos y para sacar ideas como docente.

By Sakib F

Jan 12, 2021

It was really a good course. Lots of topics were described in a very simple way. Thanks again to coursera and faculties.

By Shrabani P

Jan 2, 2021

Amazing course for beginners! It encompasses everything for a jump-start in Epidemiology as a career! Totally worth it!

By Ernestine P I

Nov 4, 2020

Thanks for this Course! Looking forward to my specialization course in epidemiology with you! More power and God bless!

By Christos M

Sep 24, 2020

"Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health" is a very well-organized, insightful and prestigious online course.

By Victoria R V

Dec 23, 2020

Excelente teachers and information. I am in my last year of high school and really interested in this field of study.

By Janina L

Oct 1, 2016

Very informative and liked the mini quizzes in between and the visuals as well. Made the learning experience smooth.

By Mohammad K U

Jul 28, 2016

An informative and nicely structured course. Recommend those who want to gather precise knowledge about Epidemiology.

By Debora A

Aug 1, 2020

I love this course. This course makes me understand how to learn about the basic of epidemiology. Thank you so much.

By Marcarious M T

Apr 29, 2020

It was worth my time. Hope to pursue my career in PH. Thank you so much for making epidemiology look so easy for me.

By Jose A P V

Jun 9, 2019

This was my first course in coursera and I really enjoyed it, all the information was clear and very helpful. Thanks

By Tzouliana T

Jun 24, 2018

a great course for everyone that wants to start epidemiology! it helped me a lot at my epidemiology class in my uni.

By Samuel V D L

Feb 22, 2020

Excellent, I learned a lot about the topic and I could integrate psychological research concepts with epidemiology.

By Omar A

Nov 16, 2018

Thank you for such an innovative and informative course. Very amazing and to the point and simple at the same time.

By Sanja B

Jun 13, 2017

A great course, very dynamic and interesting and covering all the basics in epidemiology. Absolutely recommendable!