Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

TW

Jun 17, 2021

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

351 - 375 of 1,066 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Austin W

Nov 23, 2021

The course was good and the videos and provided material did help expand my knowledge on the course.

By Devin K

Oct 7, 2020

I have an accounting degree and this class has reopened my eyes to studies of numbers....Thank you..

By Ezra P S

May 14, 2020

A magnificent course, with clear explanations. Best course for all who wants to learn epidemiology.

By Andrea C R

Aug 14, 2018

Buenísimo!! Muy claro para aprender sobre epidemiología, especialmente sobre Medidas de Asociación.

By Alexia M

Aug 23, 2017

Great introduction! The course provided excellent resources and lectures that were easy to follow.

By Courtenay W

May 9, 2020

This course was great and I think is appropriate for people at a huge range of educational levels!

By Claudia P B D O

Jul 21, 2017

Wonderful course, I was able to learn so much about epidemiology due to understandable vocabulary.

By Francis C M

May 24, 2022

the course is very helpul and easy to navigate. i enjoyed the cours too. kudos to the organisers.

By Fatimah K

Sep 8, 2020

I find this course really helpful to introduce as well as prepare me for the epidemiology course.

By Chainti V

May 2, 2020

It was a well-organised course, providing a good revision of the basic knowledge of Epidemiology.

By Kevin R S

Aug 18, 2019

Amazing at explaining biostatistic concepts and the principles of epidemiology. Great experience!

By Adelard K

Apr 30, 2018

Très bon cours, je le recommande à tous ceux et celles qui veulent débuter dans la santé publique

By Sarah D

Jun 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, would recommend this to anyone in the Public Health field. Thanks!

By Steve S

Very well organized with clear, precise format. I enjoyed the quality of the learning materials.

By Nicolás R

Aug 19, 2018

Es un curso muy interesante para la introducción al campo de la epidemiología. Muy recomendable.

By Carolina M

Jan 7, 2018

LOVED IT! Very informative and so many resources to branch out and explore more about the field.

By Giannina Z

Sep 19, 2020

Great pace. Interesting content. I learnt a lot from this course. Thank you to the instructors!

By Nazanin H

May 9, 2020

It was a great course. I never passed any Epidemiology courses like this, fluent and efficient.

By Oniwell N

Mar 15, 2018

This course is amazing. It opened windows for my current Ph.D in Public Health Community Health

By rashmi r

Aug 8, 2017

The course in concise yet complete in itself. It gives you a good introduction to epidemiology.

By Sixtus A

Aug 5, 2017

This was a great course. The explanations were direct and clear. The examples given were lucid.

By Isaac D

Aug 19, 2020

A well organised course. additional study materials reinforces videos perfectly. I enjoyed it!

By Todd B T

Jun 29, 2020

Very interesting course,a bit hard at times but I learned a lot and really enjoyed this course

By Jacqueline T R

Jun 3, 2022

Highly informative, laid a very good, sound foundation for my future courses in epidermiology

By Akshay H

Really great course to learn basics of Public health. Liked the lectures and course structure