Back to Econometrics: Methods and Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Econometrics: Methods and Applications by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Welcome! Do you wish to know how to analyze and solve business and economic questions with data analysis tools? Then Econometrics by Erasmus University Rotterdam is the right course for you, as you learn how to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making. * What do I learn? When you know econometrics, you are able to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making in a wide variety of fields, ranging from macroeconomics to finance and marketing. Our course starts with introductory lectures on simple and multiple regression, followed by topics of special interest to deal with model specification, endogenous variables, binary choice data, and time series data. You learn these key topics in econometrics by watching the videos with in-video quizzes and by making post-video training exercises. * Do I need prior knowledge? The course is suitable for (advanced undergraduate) students in economics, finance, business, engineering, and data analysis, as well as for those who work in these fields. The course requires some basics of matrices, probability, and statistics, which are reviewed in the Building Blocks module. * What literature can I consult to support my studies? You can follow the MOOC without studying additional sources. Further reading of the discussed topics (including the Building Blocks) is provided in the textbook that we wrote and on which the MOOC is based: Econometric Methods with Applications in Business and Economics, Oxford University Press. The connection between the MOOC modules and the book chapters is shown in the Course Guide – Further Information – How can I continue my studies. * Will there be teaching assistants active to guide me through the course? Staff and PhD students of our Econometric Institute will provide guidance in January and February of each year. In other periods, we provide only elementary guidance. We always advise you to connect with fellow learners of this course to discuss topics and exercises. * How will I get a certificate? To gain the certificate of this course, you are asked to make six Test Exercises (one per module) and a Case Project. Further, you perform peer-reviewing activities of the work of three of your fellow learners of this MOOC. You gain the certificate if you pass all seven assignments. Have a nice journey into the world of Econometrics! The Econometrics team...

JJ

Nov 16, 2015

The design of the course is very Helpful and efficient. The course is well explained. The instructors are very clear and master the subject. They very detailed and well organized.

TM

Jun 09, 2016

Very practical, I would urge people who intend to take this course to come to this course with at least some knowledge of econometrics and statistics. It would come in handy.

26 - 50 of 152 Reviews for Econometrics: Methods and Applications

By Лопушанский Д И

Feb 16, 2017

It is a good material to get quite valuable knowledge in the area of econometrics

By Konstantinos F

Apr 20, 2016

Great course to pick up on Econometrics quickly

By Kyle A

Aug 22, 2016

I love the course structure where it started with fundamental concepts and used all that we learned to take on a case project.

By Salvador C U R R

Jul 16, 2016

Excelente curso de econometria

By MD W H

Aug 09, 2016

Important

By Madhav N

Jan 17, 2016

Not for the faint of heart! Be prepared to work hard at a fast pace. Put in your dues and you will be rewarded with an excellent understanding of Econometrics.

By QUOC T P

Jul 01, 2017

This is an excellent course.

There are two things that I really hope to get in the future:

I would appreciate if there is a guide for solving all problem with Mathlab or R or any Statistics package

And, I would like to see Econometrics 2 (which is more about pannel data)

Best wishes for you

PHAN Truong Quoc

By Yau C G L

Mar 16, 2016

This course greatly exceeded my expectations. Thank you Erasmus University Rotter and Coursera for giving me a happy learning journey.

By Nirash P

Dec 21, 2015

One of my best Moocs course.

By 侯静波

Sep 25, 2016

GOOD COURSE! I can learn a lot of basic conception about econometircs, and the training exercises is good for me to understand what the teachers has taught in the course!

By Antonio B

Jan 12, 2016

Excellent material and lectures. Top notch.

By Sibi A C

Nov 09, 2015

top course for learners

By Huang h

Feb 09, 2016

Highly recommend this course! Looking forward to learn an advanced version.

By Thongchart B

Nov 01, 2017

explain clearly

By Ke-Chung " L

Mar 14, 2017

This course is great and satisfying. It's also challenging and demanding. It teaches you how to apply regression and time series to build model for forecasting real world events. It also requires you to have certain level of calculus, linear algebra and statistics to understand the underlying theory. Besides, statistics tools, like R, SPSS or Excel (of your choice), is a must for you to do exercises and projects. Studying all those videos, slides and exercise would take you many hours a week, but you will be very satisfying with modeling skills and working knowledge of time series learned from the course. Studying this course is a wonderful and unforgettable experience for me. I strongly recommend it to those who want to build a solid foundation of modeling data (not only economical data).

By Don A E

Jan 01, 2016

Nice overview of econometric theory.

By Rudolf V

Dec 09, 2016

Good revision for me of linear regression and basic time series.

By Carlos J R R

Jan 07, 2016

Excelente curso, muy bien ideado con muchos ejercicios para que queden bien grabados los conceptos, en un nivel no tan básico pero con toda la información necesaria para lograrlo. De los mejores cursos que he tomado en Coursera. Soy economista y lo tomé para repasar y fue mejor de lo que esperaba.

By Venu R

Dec 17, 2015

Very good course, not many available online courses on this subject.

Warning: Course is very fast paced (and the instructors give only broad hints as they move from 1 step to the next and it is left to us to figure out stuff - which is how it should be of course). Therefore expect to be kept busy throughout the course.

I barely had any previous knowledge on the subject, so folks with some basic understanding of the subject may have a different view

By Danilo C P

Feb 10, 2017

Really insightfull course.

By KM

Jan 11, 2016

Great course, learned a lot. Thanks for your efforts.

By Bilous V

Nov 03, 2015

very good

By Filip N

May 05, 2016

Good and challenging course.

By dejan g

Jun 29, 2018

Useful to have a global view of econometric methods.

By Todor M

Dec 19, 2016

Great and very useful and pragmatic course. Would recognize it to everyone for sure. Clear and easy if you're willing to commit to it 100%.