Back to Econometrics: Methods and Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Econometrics: Methods and Applications by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Welcome! Do you wish to know how to analyze and solve business and economic questions with data analysis tools? Then Econometrics by Erasmus University Rotterdam is the right course for you, as you learn how to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making. * What do I learn? When you know econometrics, you are able to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making in a wide variety of fields, ranging from macroeconomics to finance and marketing. Our course starts with introductory lectures on simple and multiple regression, followed by topics of special interest to deal with model specification, endogenous variables, binary choice data, and time series data. You learn these key topics in econometrics by watching the videos with in-video quizzes and by making post-video training exercises. * Do I need prior knowledge? The course is suitable for (advanced undergraduate) students in economics, finance, business, engineering, and data analysis, as well as for those who work in these fields. The course requires some basics of matrices, probability, and statistics, which are reviewed in the Building Blocks module. If you are searching for a MOOC on econometrics of a more introductory nature that needs less background in mathematics, you may be interested in the Coursera course “Enjoyable Econometrics” that is also from Erasmus University Rotterdam. * What literature can I consult to support my studies? You can follow the MOOC without studying additional sources. Further reading of the discussed topics (including the Building Blocks) is provided in the textbook that we wrote and on which the MOOC is based: Econometric Methods with Applications in Business and Economics, Oxford University Press. The connection between the MOOC modules and the book chapters is shown in the Course Guide – Further Information – How can I continue my studies. * Will there be teaching assistants active to guide me through the course? Staff and PhD students of our Econometric Institute will provide guidance in January and February of each year. In other periods, we provide only elementary guidance. We always advise you to connect with fellow learners of this course to discuss topics and exercises. * How will I get a certificate? To gain the certificate of this course, you are asked to make six Test Exercises (one per module) and a Case Project. Further, you perform peer-reviewing activities of the work of three of your fellow learners of this MOOC. You gain the certificate if you pass all seven assignments. Have a nice journey into the world of Econometrics! The Econometrics team...

DT

Feb 14, 2020

Course was very well structured, pacing was very pleasant (albeit a little fast for the chapter about time series). Teachers were top notch! I had lots of fun while learning . Thank you!

JJ

Nov 16, 2015

The design of the course is very Helpful and efficient. The course is well explained. The instructors are very clear and master the subject. They very detailed and well organized.

26 - 50 of 193 Reviews for Econometrics: Methods and Applications

By Venugopal B

Dec 17, 2015

Very good course, not many available online courses on this subject.

Warning: Course is very fast paced (and the instructors give only broad hints as they move from 1 step to the next and it is left to us to figure out stuff - which is how it should be of course). Therefore expect to be kept busy throughout the course.

I barely had any previous knowledge on the subject, so folks with some basic understanding of the subject may have a different view

By Carlos J R R

Jan 07, 2016

Excelente curso, muy bien ideado con muchos ejercicios para que queden bien grabados los conceptos, en un nivel no tan básico pero con toda la información necesaria para lograrlo. De los mejores cursos que he tomado en Coursera. Soy economista y lo tomé para repasar y fue mejor de lo que esperaba.

By Anshuman S

Dec 26, 2016

Excellent faculty. The concepts from week 1 till Week 8 has been very exhaustive and worth the time.

I have learnt a lot in these 8 weeks of the course.

In the end, I would like to thank all faculty members in the course for explaining such complex concepts in a simple and easy manner.

By Абылайхан Т

I am very happy that I have learned how to calculate using econometrics. In the future, I will use my skills in practice and at work, for all these works, I was very happy to learn something really new. And added new knowledge. Thank you Erasmus for such a great learning method.

By Vianney B B E M

Oct 28, 2019

concise effort has been deployed during the course to make econometrics accessecible, comprehensible by the simplicity of the lecture presentation, by the exercices training very closed to lectures. It'was so confortable to participate to this course.

By Hiteshchandra T

Nov 19, 2016

Good experience! Very well organised and presented, given the limitations of the MOOC format. All key topics are covered lucidly and succinctly. Maybe a follow-up course on advanced topics like Stochastic Regressors, Panel Data, etc could be offered?

By Gustavo R e O

Nov 23, 2017

I totally recomend this course for those who are seeking to learn this challenging subject. The material presented in the course provides a great stimulous to stay on track and follow the course until the end.

By Raden M A

Really great course, get your hands dirty in econometrics mathematical concept, even the assignments using softwares are challenging. Unfortunately it was plagued by cheaters who submitted plagiarized tests.

By Axel-Cleris G

Nov 21, 2018

I love this course. I'm a student in Economics and I took this course to have a complementary view to other econometric courses I have in my program; your explanations are good and intuitive. Thanks

By duc-thanh t

Feb 14, 2020

By Jean-Luc

Nov 16, 2015

By 侯静波

Sep 25, 2016

GOOD COURSE! I can learn a lot of basic conception about econometircs, and the training exercises is good for me to understand what the teachers has taught in the course!

By Vinay P

Oct 25, 2016

Excellent work and thank you. the exercises and tests are great. Including some eviews assignments along with eviews access during duration of the course will be great.

By Tajinder S D

Jul 21, 2020

Great online learning at our own pace. Lot of new things to learn and very well designed course. Some software practice should be added for more practical approach.

By Edgar G

Apr 24, 2016

Tough course! Very close to being in a classroom with plenty of material in every video. Keep a book on the topic handy and you will understand the material better.

By Madhav N

Jan 17, 2016

Not for the faint of heart! Be prepared to work hard at a fast pace. Put in your dues and you will be rewarded with an excellent understanding of Econometrics.

By Jun W

Jan 18, 2016

Very solid course. Instructors are great and the difficulty of the course materials are just right. I suggest finishing the Building Blocks first.

By Danilo C

Apr 24, 2016

ESTE CURSO ES MUY BUENO POR QUE ESTOY APRENDIENDO MAS TEMAS DE ECONOMETRÍA YA QUE EN CLASES DE ECONOMETRÍA DE LA UNIVERSIDAD NO HE RECIBIDO.

By Todor M

Dec 19, 2016

Great and very useful and pragmatic course. Would recognize it to everyone for sure. Clear and easy if you're willing to commit to it 100%.

By 余景慧

Jul 11, 2020

it's been very good to have this course and I've truly learnt a lot. I love the structure of each module and the assignments are awesome!!

By Moreno C

Jan 23, 2016

The course is excellent, with a good balance between theory and practice.

The level is intermediate. I wouldn’t recommend it for beginners.

By Yau C G L

Mar 16, 2016

This course greatly exceeded my expectations. Thank you Erasmus University Rotter and Coursera for giving me a happy learning journey.

By Guillermo B

Aug 25, 2017

Excellent review of all major topics in Econometrics. Great case study applications, lots of work but really fun learning experience.

By Prakarsh D

Dec 03, 2019

Solid course. Don't expect an easy ride but one will certainly learn a lot through this one. Thanks to all the Teachers and Mentors!

By mittal.hitesh.92@gmail.com

Feb 07, 2019

Excellent learning , though some hands on practice on tools like R and other software should also be made the part of the course.