Back to Evaluating Designs with Users

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Evaluating Designs with Users by University of Michigan

When designing systems that work for users, there is no substitute for watching them try to use the system to see what works and what doesn’t. In this UX course, you will learn how to design and conduct tests with users that will tell you how effective your design is for helping users do what they need to do, and how they feel about using your system. This course is part of the User Experience (UX) Research and Design specialization offered on Coursera. What you'll learn: Identify different approaches to user testing and their appropriate use Understand how to design an effective user test Understand how to run an effective user test to get the most information possible out of each encounter Analyze and report on user testing...

CA

Mar 08, 2019

A rewarding experience because I have been able to learn very valuable information. It is an excellent course. It has helped me in the personal and professional field. Thank you.

AD

Aug 31, 2019

Great for Understanding how to conduct usability testing, also given some great example that allows me to understand completely what the instructor means.

1 - 25 of 25 Reviews for Evaluating Designs with Users

By Yolanda M A

Feb 21, 2019

I totally recommend this course. You learn a lot, the teacher is amazing, and there are a lot of activities to actually practice the methods and topics. The peer reviewing system helps you to learn much more from the exercises. If you want to become a professional in this field, this is a very appropriate course, at a really affordable price.

By Daria M

Dec 02, 2019

It's really great opportunity to study how to conduct a real usability test. This course was the hardest compare to previous in this specialization but I learned a lot through it! Highly recommended!

By Carlos J B A

Mar 08, 2019

By S.M. J I

Aug 23, 2020

This course is very essential in how to do user testing and making user testing reports and so on. It was very excellent to learn user experience design.

By Arash D

Aug 31, 2019

By María T G D

Jun 01, 2020

La tarea sobre un lugar de agendamiento de vuelos podría ser cambiada dada la pandemia. Aprendí mucho en este curso y agradezco poder haberlo cursado.

By Iuliia M

May 13, 2019

It is very good course that will give you the understanding how to conduct, moderate and analyze the user tests.

By Iris L

Jan 29, 2020

Very useful course. The final project is quite challengning but it can become a real world porfolio.

By Jorge I P P

Aug 25, 2020

Very good content, well conceived evaluations, especially peer evaluations

By Riazul I

Jul 04, 2019

I liked the lectures and the helping materials for the assignment.

By Li T M

Apr 04, 2020

Great content and lecture with a difficult final assignment.

By Jennifer B

Mar 05, 2019

Very easy to follow and great content.

By Ramon C d O

Jul 21, 2019

Great content! Learned a lot!

By Ling R

Feb 08, 2019

it's very easy to understand.

By Wasinee T

Jul 16, 2020

Very practical and useful

By Rhandy M

Oct 24, 2019

It was a great course n.n

By Ili S

Nov 03, 2019

Excellent

By Juangui J

Jan 10, 2019

This course was excellent. Although the assignments were very hands-on and useful, they proved to be a bit too demanding, leading to some students not finishing on time. This led to the evaluation taking ages, and thus I had to pay for a month extension. This is the reason I'm not giving it 5 stars, not the assignments themselves, which I liked, but that fact that I had to wait literally weeks for other people to grade my assignments, which costed me money. I'm also not very happy with the fact that courses 4, 5 and 6 don't still have an open session, so I'm basically blocked for more than 2 weeks and I can't continue my path. For that reason, I will cancel my subscription until these courses are open.

By Snigdha R

Jul 17, 2020

Valuable information is taught during the course, very well-structured. However, the scope of the final assignment is a bit too large, and would have ideally been split over two or more weeks. The instructions were a bit lacking as well, and while there was a lot of space for flexibility, this isn't very easy to handle when assignments are to be reviewed by peers.

By Antoine A

Jan 27, 2020

Very interesting class, although the organization is far from perfect (too much to do during the last week, the instructions are wanting).

By Luanna E K

Apr 18, 2019

Great content.

By Daniel M C

Nov 16, 2019

This course is very interesting. It gives you an overview of how to run user tests. The workload is too much skewed towards the end of the course, which makes it a bit too hard to complete. There were some things missing in the materials, I think. For example, I didn't learn how to properly code critical events during user tests, so I had to just "figure out" what to write down. Qualitative data analysis was also not 100% clear, so I fell back on my intuition. Nevertheless, I found the skills in this course really valuable.