Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

VM

Aug 09, 2020

This course is very good practice for the beginner level candidate. I have learn lot of new functions practically and that would definitely help in my professional life. Thanks for this course

GN

Jun 01, 2020

It 's a very nice & useful course. All content is explain well. Nice assignments to think and learn how to use the some of the basics functions. I liked it, i will take the part 2 of course.

76 - 100 of 330 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Surya Z

Jul 31, 2020

Professor Nuttelman has done a great job of designing this course. I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to learn excel skills for their work or their business, or to anyone looking to build on the basic skills they already have. I learned a lot from this course!

By Santiago A R

Jun 25, 2020

I absolutely loved this course, it was very useful and interesting. Even when I felt like I already know how to use Excel. I can't wait to start Part 2. How each of the Assignments were macro-enabled was awesome, and I felt like Charlie was in real-time grading my assignment.

By Violeta R

Aug 06, 2020

Quality instruction, videos, and starter files to help you follow along with the lessons. I've become much more comfortable with a program that, before today, I hardly use. Plenty of real world applications for Excel. I love it and can't wait for the remaining courses.

By Devis J P

Sep 13, 2020

I already knew some excel. But still, there was a lot of new information I got from this course. It ignited a few old memories and lit a few new ones. A beginner can smoothly sail through this course with much ease and come out on the other side as an excel enthusiast

By M I F

Aug 18, 2020

It was a good experience. I have been working with excel for the past 3 years and I learned some new and easy ways to do my work. One thing that I enjoyed the most during this course was the assignments, they were a little trickier and it was fun solving them.

By Shail R

Aug 25, 2020

It was a great course for a beginner. The professor had put a lot of time and effort into building this course and I am grateful to him. I hope the professor keeps doing more courses and also hope that I have a chance to learn from him again in the future.

By Muhammad A K

Sep 27, 2020

This course series is a must learn no matter what profession you belong to. Excellently designed to teach basic excel skills with practice material and assignments. It helped me in my everyday tasks from simple calculations to presenting data.

By John C

Aug 03, 2020

Pros- easy to follow, instructor was friendly and professional, brushed up on some old skills and learned some new ones, thinking about enrolling in Part 2.

Cons- the only con I can think of is maybe including an extra hint on some assignments.

By Lekai S

Jun 15, 2020

This has enabled me to become better in Excel. Never thought that theres so much going on in Excel. This course is perfect for anyone who has problems with data management. I recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about Excel

By Ryan I P

Jul 09, 2020

Exelent course for anyone that is looking to increase their resume, and learn andvanced excell functions all the way from the absolute basics. Also offers a really inovative way to complete assignments, which makes it all the more rewarding.

By David T H

Sep 06, 2020

Thank you for all your hard work. I feel that I learned quite a bit but felt stumped many times. I don't recall seeing a screen-cast about nested if's but they sure saved my bacon on 5.2. if you don't have one it might make a good addition.

By Jennylee B

Sep 29, 2020

The instructor breaks down topics in ways that are very easy to understand, with no presumption you've had any experience with Excel before. It's SO nice and hard to find information like that, and his teaching style is very appreciated.

By Nipun G

Sep 27, 2020

A very comprehensive course with good videos. Could have had some interesting readings or puzzles kind of stuff. To get the best out of the course, you really need to have office 365/office 2019 and that though on windows computer.

By Alexandra K

Aug 22, 2020

I learned so much, and as an Accounting and Business major in college, I know this will be useful to my future career. It's clear that the instructor, Professor Nuttelman, put a lot of hard work into creating this course.

By Simran D

Aug 11, 2020

Course was very well taught and the lectures were well planned.The assignments were just the right amount of complex,and checked our actual knowledge on the course.Thanks for this course,Sir.It has been a joy studying it.

By Carolina S V

Sep 15, 2020

¡I´m so happy with this course! The teacher is the best explaining the screencast and the quizes and tasks make you learn a lot. The screencast are dynamic and you can follow all things that the teacher do. Recommended!

By Siro R d R

Oct 06, 2020

Eu possuía uma noção muito fragmentada sobre o Excel e este curso me ajudou a construir um conhecimento melhor estruturado, além de me introduzir a algumas das funcionalidades mais importantes (ou usadas) no Excel.

By Aranza M R L

Oct 15, 2020

It was challenging! I liked that we started from the beggining, and also that you can change the due dates according to your schedule. I really liked this course I think it's very useful in the profesional area.

By Amjadh K J A

Sep 22, 2020

It was very interesting for this Course, the Learning online experience is very easier to understand but Assignment is Hard & tricky, but good to achieve our goal to success...

Best Regards & Thanks,

Amjadh Khan

By Marella A Y Y

Oct 23, 2020

The questions imbedded in the video were great for reviewing if the lesson is understood very well. The assignments were challenging but satisfactory when completed since you will know that you really learned!

By Zarima J

Jun 28, 2020

This course was very useful for me. I have learned many things that I need to my PhD. Excellent teacher, very well prepared exercises, nice explanation. Everything was more than Create! Thank you a lot!!!

By Shalmali K

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent course, you actually end up using your brains. It is challenging yet very doable. An at the end of it you have really learned something! hoping to enroll for the Part 2 as well! Thanks a ton!

By ITZEL M A M

Aug 24, 2020

This is excellent, I really enjoyed working. Is a bit hard but I learned a lot and the teacher is so clear, even if you don't speak english very well you can practice your listening at the same time.

By VIRAJ M