Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

VM

Aug 09, 2020

This course is very good practice for the beginner level candidate. I have learn lot of new functions practically and that would definitely help in my professional life. Thanks for this course

GN

Jun 01, 2020

It 's a very nice & useful course. All content is explain well. Nice assignments to think and learn how to use the some of the basics functions. I liked it, i will take the part 2 of course.

76 - 100 of 272 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By John C

Aug 03, 2020

Pros- easy to follow, instructor was friendly and professional, brushed up on some old skills and learned some new ones, thinking about enrolling in Part 2.

Cons- the only con I can think of is maybe including an extra hint on some assignments.

By Lekai S

Jun 15, 2020

This has enabled me to become better in Excel. Never thought that theres so much going on in Excel. This course is perfect for anyone who has problems with data management. I recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about Excel

By Ryan I P

Jul 09, 2020

Exelent course for anyone that is looking to increase their resume, and learn andvanced excell functions all the way from the absolute basics. Also offers a really inovative way to complete assignments, which makes it all the more rewarding.

By David T H

Sep 06, 2020

Thank you for all your hard work. I feel that I learned quite a bit but felt stumped many times. I don't recall seeing a screen-cast about nested if's but they sure saved my bacon on 5.2. if you don't have one it might make a good addition.

By Alexandra K

Aug 22, 2020

I learned so much, and as an Accounting and Business major in college, I know this will be useful to my future career. It's clear that the instructor, Professor Nuttelman, put a lot of hard work into creating this course.

By Simran D

Aug 11, 2020

Course was very well taught and the lectures were well planned.The assignments were just the right amount of complex,and checked our actual knowledge on the course.Thanks for this course,Sir.It has been a joy studying it.

By Carolina S V

Sep 15, 2020

¡I´m so happy with this course! The teacher is the best explaining the screencast and the quizes and tasks make you learn a lot. The screencast are dynamic and you can follow all things that the teacher do. Recommended!

By Amjadh K J A

Sep 22, 2020

It was very interesting for this Course, the Learning online experience is very easier to understand but Assignment is Hard & tricky, but good to achieve our goal to success...

Best Regards & Thanks,

Amjadh Khan

By Zarima J

Jun 28, 2020

This course was very useful for me. I have learned many things that I need to my PhD. Excellent teacher, very well prepared exercises, nice explanation. Everything was more than Create! Thank you a lot!!!

By Shalmali K

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent course, you actually end up using your brains. It is challenging yet very doable. An at the end of it you have really learned something! hoping to enroll for the Part 2 as well! Thanks a ton!

By ITZEL M A M

Aug 24, 2020

This is excellent, I really enjoyed working. Is a bit hard but I learned a lot and the teacher is so clear, even if you don't speak english very well you can practice your listening at the same time.

By VIRAJ M

Aug 09, 2020

By Gabriel O N

Jun 01, 2020

By silvia v

Sep 21, 2020

me encanto el curso, fue interesante aprender las formulas en ingles cuando tengo el excel en español, me sirvio para actualizar y refrescar conocimientos en Excel

let´s move on to part 2!!

By Carlos E

Jul 14, 2020

Great Course!!! The only thing when I found trouble was with dates. I use DD/MM/YYYY but in some examples he uses MM/DD/YY and that gave me some troubles, but without that was Excellent!

By Vishesh A

Aug 31, 2020

Wonderful course! The pace is just right, the content is relevant, the screen-casts are engaging and fun to watch. The only thing I wished was the quizzes be a bit more challenging.

By Camila T Y

Aug 03, 2020

I learned a lot during this course, it was simply amazing!! I loved the way Charlie teaches and how he could manage to evaluate our abilities through quizzes and assignments.

By Mohamed E A S E

Sep 12, 2020

This course is excellent and the instructor is wonderful and has a distinctive style of explanation. The course added a lot of information to me as a beginner in Excel

By Akshat R B

Jul 12, 2020

This course is exceptional and fun . Thank you Charlie for your guidance. You are really an excellent instructor . Also Thank you Coursera for such brilliant courses .

By Brenda G

Jun 13, 2020

Great instructor, (sometimes moves around the screen a bit fast, but I give him a pass!). Learned a lot - thanks so much Charlie! I'd buy some cookies from you! haha

By Saud K

Jun 11, 2020

The course is just amazing and the method that Professor Charlie used to teach Excel is simple, understandable (for a layman in Excel like me), and yet very powerful.

By Graham B

Aug 08, 2020

An extremely worthwhile course that stretched me and enabled me to extend my Excel skills considerably. Undoubtedly the best distance learning experience I have had.

By Muhammad M U

Jun 10, 2020

This course is very helpful for beginners and all the basics required is covered in this course.The creator of this course was very helpful as he cleared my doubts.

By ANIKET K P

Jul 24, 2020

Excellent course!! Thanks, Mr. CHarlie, you have really taken decent efforts for the development of such a course!! Looking forward to completing the whole series!!

By Yashwin

Sep 13, 2020

A very well structured and organised course for learning basics of Excel, with a very interactive and helpful mentor. I really enjoyed the quizzes and assignments.