Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MH
Apr 28, 2021

That was extremely helpful, I liked it so much, I liked everything about it from the breaking down of new subjects, literally someone with zero experience in excel can understand and use these things

GF
Apr 7, 2021

Great course!. It covers very basis tools to more complex features like vlookups function. I have learned new things and definitely very useful for the workday task. Looking forward for the Part 2.

701 - 725 of 737 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Jaime C

Apr 18, 2021

I don't really like this course. it is a bit difficult and some of the assignments have questions that were not covered or just not enough information and there is absolutely nobody to help you or ask questions. your basically all on your own.

By Greg S

Feb 19, 2021

Overall professor does a good job explaining things, but instead of videos, or aside from videos, it would be good to have like a visual textbook. Also, technical issues need to be tended to quicker.

By Anny L

Jul 21, 2021

way too hard. it not similar in the assignments that are being taught in the class. also emailed the professor and havent heard from him.

now i know why i hate excel.

By Manzoor A

Dec 1, 2020

It was great course. Need to focus more, There are few info which was not shown or informed was there in week 4. You really struggle in 4th week.

By Mariah B

Feb 8, 2021

The course was pretty good there was an issue with one of the assignments not working well, but other than that it was highly informational

By Riccardo S

Nov 19, 2020

very interesting and well explained. some parts were too complicated though - not really "everyday excel" in my opinion.

By Juanny J

May 11, 2021

By no means a bad course, just that I have issues working on the assignment. Not sure if it is my software problem.

By Tina Y

Feb 25, 2021

I felt there could had been more examples and more multi-use of excel functions for the examples.

By Leonor I C F

Nov 27, 2020

IN THE FORUM NOBODY HELPS TO RESOLVE THE DOUBTS ABOUT THE TASKS OF THE COURSE.

By SIKEE K

Jun 8, 2020

It's wonderful course. I learned much about Excel.

By Harald B

Jan 23, 2021

I cannot use the course due to my Mac version

By Koteswara R U

Jan 2, 2021

Ok

By Jane B

Aug 4, 2020

I was very disappointed in how this course was presented. My background is math and I have a degree in Computers in Education. I had a familiarity with Excel and just decided to take it for fun to pick up some new skills but i became so frustrated with finding my way around the course and how to use the supplied spread sheets that I just gave up and only did the videos and picked up information, The instructor presented the topic way to fast and really did not give guidance in what we should do in the practice sheets to prepare for the quizzes. Feel free to contact me at jbunting_97@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss this further.

I have never quit on a course in my entire life until this one and it has defeated me.

By Rene J

Jun 8, 2020

I'm actually leaving this class because the instructor is going way to fast and makes me dizzy with how much he moves his cursor around. I would have otherwise enjoyed the class and could have used the knowledge that I have to now look for elsewhere.

By Kurt B

Sep 17, 2021

Definitely not for beginners. You should have a good deal of knowledge about Excel before enrolling in this course.

By Amy C H

Nov 24, 2020

not easy to audit because the exercises have to be paid for

By George A

Jan 18, 2021

it is not every day excel is more complicated !!

By Panay B

Jul 19, 2020

Too hard for me! I want to unenroll

By Newman S

Aug 4, 2021

I am somewhat familiar with Excel, but this class is WAY beyond what I know. You need a math background and an Excel background to take this course. The instructor is quick to teach and forgets that some of us are new to formulas and functions. I can only write so fast and there are no real handouts to print out or guides to go by. This is not the course I thought it would be. If this is everyday Excel, then I am clearly below a beginner. We were only on week 3 of the first class and he was teaching things that should be in the second part. I can only imagine what will be in those, but I will not be there to to find out. I have never been so frustrated.

By Nancy B

Apr 24, 2021

I didn't want this course!!! I clicked on it and it automatically added to my course. Your help menu is helpless!!! Click on the 3 dots does not give me the option to drop the course I didn't want to begin with. It brought me to this screen to rate that course that I never wanted or started.

Done with Coursera!!!!

By Paula L

Jun 12, 2021

¿Cómo puedo saber dónde está la materia de la clase? Es frustrante tener que enfrentarse a un cuestionario, que además no puede dejarse sin resolver, sin tener materia concreta del curso. ¿Cómo puedo abandonar esta clase? Prefiero ver otras opciones.

Oct 14, 2021

The course is very good but the assignment questions are difficult to understand.

If I knew what you wanted, I can easily answer the questions as I am very proficient in Excel..

For this reason, I am not opting out.

By ROY W

Sep 11, 2020

unclear how to download/access text files for UK customers. Could not receive support to answer question,aborted course, despite passing every module, could not answer text file question as could not access it