Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

GF
Apr 7, 2021

Great course!. It covers very basis tools to more complex features like vlookups function. I have learned new things and definitely very useful for the workday task. Looking forward for the Part 2.

SM
Feb 13, 2021

the last time I engaged a formal Excel class was around the turn of the century. this course helped me brush up and learn new functions. I highly recommend the course to anyone in my circumstance.

101 - 125 of 570 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Surya Z

Jul 31, 2020

Professor Nuttelman has done a great job of designing this course. I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to learn excel skills for their work or their business, or to anyone looking to build on the basic skills they already have. I learned a lot from this course!

By Santiago A R

Jun 25, 2020

I absolutely loved this course, it was very useful and interesting. Even when I felt like I already know how to use Excel. I can't wait to start Part 2. How each of the Assignments were macro-enabled was awesome, and I felt like Charlie was in real-time grading my assignment.

By Violeta R

Aug 6, 2020

Quality instruction, videos, and starter files to help you follow along with the lessons. I've become much more comfortable with a program that, before today, I hardly use. Plenty of real world applications for Excel. I love it and can't wait for the remaining courses.

By Devis J P

Sep 13, 2020

I already knew some excel. But still, there was a lot of new information I got from this course. It ignited a few old memories and lit a few new ones. A beginner can smoothly sail through this course with much ease and come out on the other side as an excel enthusiast

By Holli S

Apr 21, 2021

Dr. Charlie Nuttelman is an EXCEL-LENT teacher!!! The world needs more teachers like him! Thank you Dr. Nuttelman, I really enjoyed your class and learned a lot of great new features and many new creative ways to use Excel! Now, on to your next Excel course! :)

By Elaine Y

Feb 13, 2021

Amazing intro course to Excel. Screencasts are easy to understand and provide thorough explanation through different functions and things you can do with Excel.

The quizzes and assignments really help you progress through all the skills taught in the screencasts.

By Joshua P

Mar 3, 2021

Great course if you are wanting to get started in Excel. The Professor has structured the course so that it is easy to learn and practice the skills, but it's not overly easy. It will challenge you to learn the material and gain the skills. I highly recommend!

By M I F

Aug 18, 2020

It was a good experience. I have been working with excel for the past 3 years and I learned some new and easy ways to do my work. One thing that I enjoyed the most during this course was the assignments, they were a little trickier and it was fun solving them.

By Shail R

Aug 24, 2020

It was a great course for a beginner. The professor had put a lot of time and effort into building this course and I am grateful to him. I hope the professor keeps doing more courses and also hope that I have a chance to learn from him again in the future.

By Tylor F

Jan 14, 2021

This is a great exercise in Excel! It can be a bit quick at times but use that pause button and experiment with the discussed topics and formulas. The included course material really helps get a grasp on topics without having to tediously input data.

By Gabriel M G

Dec 9, 2020

I was one of these people who never learned nothing of excel and now that I finished this course I can say proudly "I know office pakcage!" haha. Thank you very much for this experience. It certainly will improve my resume and my avaiable jobs.

By Muhammad A K

Sep 27, 2020

This course series is a must learn no matter what profession you belong to. Excellently designed to teach basic excel skills with practice material and assignments. It helped me in my everyday tasks from simple calculations to presenting data.

By John C

Aug 3, 2020

Pros- easy to follow, instructor was friendly and professional, brushed up on some old skills and learned some new ones, thinking about enrolling in Part 2.

Cons- the only con I can think of is maybe including an extra hint on some assignments.

By Lekai S

Jun 14, 2020

This has enabled me to become better in Excel. Never thought that theres so much going on in Excel. This course is perfect for anyone who has problems with data management. I recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about Excel

By Ryan I P

Jul 9, 2020

Exelent course for anyone that is looking to increase their resume, and learn andvanced excell functions all the way from the absolute basics. Also offers a really inovative way to complete assignments, which makes it all the more rewarding.

By María A M I

Jan 14, 2021

Me encantó el curso, el profesor enseña de una forma muy entretenida y dinámica. Lo encontré muy útil, está muy bien estructurado para que sea entretenido y desafiante. Además ahora tengo la seguridad de poner en mi CV que se algo de excel.

By David T H

Sep 6, 2020

Thank you for all your hard work. I feel that I learned quite a bit but felt stumped many times. I don't recall seeing a screen-cast about nested if's but they sure saved my bacon on 5.2. if you don't have one it might make a good addition.

By Jennylee B

Sep 29, 2020

The instructor breaks down topics in ways that are very easy to understand, with no presumption you've had any experience with Excel before. It's SO nice and hard to find information like that, and his teaching style is very appreciated.

By Nicolaas S E

Dec 7, 2020

Good quality lectures. The course is presented well, constant interaction with course material, as well as the relief of being self-paced. As a South African, I feel humbled to have received such a thorough introduction to MS Excel.

By Nipun G

Sep 27, 2020

A very comprehensive course with good videos. Could have had some interesting readings or puzzles kind of stuff. To get the best out of the course, you really need to have office 365/office 2019 and that though on windows computer.

By Melissa C

Mar 11, 2021

After taking this course I want to change my career to a profession where I can use excel. Excellent balance of teaching new skills and challenging opportunities. The instructor is fantastic and explains everything in good depth.

By Katherine H

Jan 24, 2021

AMAZING! Great videos, super easy to follow. Great professor, love his teaching style! Assignments get difficult and difficult but expect to spend about hour and a half solving it! So fulfilling when you figure it all out!

By Alexandra K

Aug 22, 2020

I learned so much, and as an Accounting and Business major in college, I know this will be useful to my future career. It's clear that the instructor, Professor Nuttelman, put a lot of hard work into creating this course.

By Simran D

Aug 11, 2020

Course was very well taught and the lectures were well planned.The assignments were just the right amount of complex,and checked our actual knowledge on the course.Thanks for this course,Sir.It has been a joy studying it.

By Carolina S V

Sep 15, 2020

¡I´m so happy with this course! The teacher is the best explaining the screencast and the quizes and tasks make you learn a lot. The screencast are dynamic and you can follow all things that the teacher do. Recommended!