Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MH
Apr 28, 2021

That was extremely helpful, I liked it so much, I liked everything about it from the breaking down of new subjects, literally someone with zero experience in excel can understand and use these things

GF
Apr 7, 2021

Great course!. It covers very basis tools to more complex features like vlookups function. I have learned new things and definitely very useful for the workday task. Looking forward for the Part 2.

151 - 175 of 648 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Amjadh K J A

Sep 22, 2020

It was very interesting for this Course, the Learning online experience is very easier to understand but Assignment is Hard & tricky, but good to achieve our goal to success...

Best Regards & Thanks,

Amjadh Khan

By Melanie B

Feb 21, 2021

Excellent course. Very informative but whew! Did not feel like a "part 1" or beginner level... that was challenging! Regardless, I'm much better equipped to utilize Excel for the outstanding tool that it is!

By Marella A Y

Oct 23, 2020

The questions imbedded in the video were great for reviewing if the lesson is understood very well. The assignments were challenging but satisfactory when completed since you will know that you really learned!

By Shelly P

Nov 4, 2020

This was a very good course! Even if you are not new to spreadsheets there were little tips and tricks, in addition to new formulas, that I learned and have found very useful in working with Excel. Thank you!

By Matthew B

Jul 11, 2021

T​his course was intuitive but also really challenging at times. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a refresher of Excel or any absolute beginner looking to build a strong foundation in Excel.

By Preet k k

Apr 8, 2021

With the help of Well defined and excellent screencasts, I was able to finish the challenging assignments. It was extremely fun and interesting to complete this course. looking forward to the second part!!

By Zarima J

Jun 28, 2020

This course was very useful for me. I have learned many things that I need to my PhD. Excellent teacher, very well prepared exercises, nice explanation. Everything was more than Create! Thank you a lot!!!

By Shalmali K

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent course, you actually end up using your brains. It is challenging yet very doable. An at the end of it you have really learned something! hoping to enroll for the Part 2 as well! Thanks a ton!

By Mario E

Apr 29, 2021

By ITZEL M A M

Aug 23, 2020

This is excellent, I really enjoyed working. Is a bit hard but I learned a lot and the teacher is so clear, even if you don't speak english very well you can practice your listening at the same time.

By Gloria F

Apr 8, 2021

By silvia v

Sep 20, 2020

me encanto el curso, fue interesante aprender las formulas en ingles cuando tengo el excel en español, me sirvio para actualizar y refrescar conocimientos en Excel

let´s move on to part 2!!

By Maria E C

Apr 15, 2021

Beginner-friendly! Even though I had some prior knowledge in Excel, it's good to go back to the basics - instructor also updates the course relevant to latest developments in Excel.

By Rachel B

Jan 28, 2021

Charlie was a fantastic presenter. Each lesson was different, interesting and easily comprehendible. Would recommend to any beginner looking to learn more of what Excel can provide.

By SNEHA S

Jan 21, 2021

This was a very useful and insightful course. It was very well structured and interactive, I particularly loved the way the assignments were designed. Thoroughly enjoyed the course!

By Vishesh A

Aug 31, 2020

Wonderful course! The pace is just right, the content is relevant, the screen-casts are engaging and fun to watch. The only thing I wished was the quizzes be a bit more challenging.

By Camila T Y

Aug 3, 2020

I learned a lot during this course, it was simply amazing!! I loved the way Charlie teaches and how he could manage to evaluate our abilities through quizzes and assignments.

By darond357@yahoo.com

Nov 19, 2020

Very informative videos. A lot of info to take in for someone not too familiar with Excel. Overall I liked it and am happy that I did the lessons and finished the course.

By Jeffrey C

Sep 24, 2020

Very well put together course. I am not a beginner in Excel, however, I have gleaned useful tips along the way especially in those areas and functions that I hardly use.

By Zhanniyet Z

Feb 9, 2021

I like this course very much. Honestly, it was boring to listen lectures, but when you start doing quizes and assignments it is very interesting and exciting. Thank uuu

By Mohamed E

Sep 12, 2020

This course is excellent and the instructor is wonderful and has a distinctive style of explanation. The course added a lot of information to me as a beginner in Excel

By Akshat R B

Jul 12, 2020

This course is exceptional and fun . Thank you Charlie for your guidance. You are really an excellent instructor . Also Thank you Coursera for such brilliant courses .

By Brenda G

Jun 13, 2020

Great instructor, (sometimes moves around the screen a bit fast, but I give him a pass!). Learned a lot - thanks so much Charlie! I'd buy some cookies from you! haha

By Saud K

Jun 11, 2020

The course is just amazing and the method that Professor Charlie used to teach Excel is simple, understandable (for a layman in Excel like me), and yet very powerful.

By ALIFAH I B M

Jun 27, 2021

I truly enjoyed this course and I really recommended to those who wanted to learn Microsoft Excel from beginner level. To conclude, this course is amazing! Thank you