Back to Everyday Excel, Part 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 1 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 1" is aimed at learners who are seeking to learn Excel from the ground up. No experience with Excel is necessary. While this course is meant for beginners of Excel, advanced users will undoubtedly pick up new skills and tools. This course is the first part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 1), you will: 1) learn how to effectively navigate around the Excel environment; 2) edit and format Excel worksheets; 3) implement basic to advanced Excel functions (including financial, logical, and text functions); 4) learn how to manage data sets (filter, remove duplicates, consolidate data, sort data, and validate data); and 5) learn how to effectively visualize data through scatterplots, column charts, and pie charts. New to Excel? That is entirely fine! This course is meant to be fun, thought-provoking, and appeal to a wide audience. No prior knowledge in programming nor advanced math skills are necessary. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

MH
Apr 28, 2021

That was extremely helpful, I liked it so much, I liked everything about it from the breaking down of new subjects, literally someone with zero experience in excel can understand and use these things

GF
Apr 7, 2021

Great course!. It covers very basis tools to more complex features like vlookups function. I have learned new things and definitely very useful for the workday task. Looking forward for the Part 2.

201 - 225 of 784 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 1

By Bernardo M A O

Mar 24, 2021

GREAT course! One of the best courses I have made in Coursera, I highly recommend it! Very challenging and very complete, excellent for beginners in Excel

By Allen D V

Oct 5, 2020

The course was great. I thought I knew Excel, but this course taught me so much more. Just have to keep practicing and remembering the formulas learned.

By MONISH K S

Sep 5, 2020

Charlie is an excellent instructor with great knowledge in Excel. Even a kid can understand what he is explaining. I'm greatful to Charlie and Coursera.

By Christian A O

Mar 23, 2021

It is very detailed and I learned a lot. Helped so much with my major subject in college! Will definitely proceed to part 2 once my schedule clears up.

By Mohammed I K

Aug 21, 2020

This course is perfect for beginners!! is insightful and informative for everyone ranging from students to people pursuing careers in all walk of life.

By Paarthavi R

May 11, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. I really feel that the skills I gained with help in the real world, when I am working. This course was totally worth it.

By JUN F B M

Oct 18, 2020

I think that the course gives very informative and highly important basic skills in using MS EXCEL. This course educates many people around the world.

By Christian D

Jun 14, 2021

Great Course! Course content easy to understand and follow through. Quizzes and assignments are also beneficial in assessing understanding of course.

By Daniel F

Dec 18, 2020

A good course which allows you to combine skills you have learnt each week. The course teacher is very knowledgeable and clearly explains everything

By Vanessa M

Aug 30, 2020

Great beginnings. Charlie Nuttelman is definitely an amazing instructor and therefore I'm further enrolling for more courses. Thank you Coursera

By Shubham B

Dec 19, 2021

Very beneficial beginner level course for anyone who wants to excel at excel. Practical examples makes it more easy to get hands on experience.

By Cruzmanoel F

Aug 12, 2021

Great course with many in depth topics and formulas to learn. The Instructor explains it thoroughly and can be understood by beginners as well.

By Lina P

Oct 19, 2020

Really great course. I have experience in using Excel, but in this course, I find out a new function, new possibilities to visualize the data.

By Jamal W K

Oct 7, 2020

A wonderful course to start with the basic knowledge of Excel and end up with sufficient background to use excel everyday just within 5 weeks.

By Wasim A

Jun 4, 2021

E​xcellent learning opportunity for begineers .Very well desingned course and quizes and assingments are bit challenging but worth to learn .

By Satyam G

Dec 6, 2021

He is an awsome professor . Their way of teaching is amazing. and also this feature of coursera ,having 2-3 questions in almost screencasts.

By Husain T

Oct 27, 2020

A very amazing course. The instructor is a very experienced tutor as is seen in his screencasts. Hope to learn from him more in the future.

By TOLGA B U

Dec 11, 2020

Instructor must have spent toooooooooooooo many hours on creating this beautiful course. Thank you Charlie, you are really a good teacher.

By Ayush J

Dec 9, 2020

Don't think much about the course. Its just wonderful. Go for it. Good luck :)

Thanks for teaching us. Lots of love and respect from India.

By DENIZ M C K

Aug 9, 2020

excelente curso, muy bien explicado, tareas desafiantes pero muy adecuadas al desarrollo de las habilidades obtenidas en las explicaciones

By Laura L R

Feb 21, 2021

Fue un curso muy bueno, aprendí demasiado ya que hay muchas herramientas que Excel ofrece. Es de fácil comprensión el material del curso.

By Vienes M

Nov 18, 2020

This course taught me a lot, especially the formula functions. I would definitely use all the things I learned in this course. Thank you!

By Himanshu S

May 27, 2021

One of a kind. it was an experience in learning something new about a software which we use in daily work. Amazing learning experience!

By Vaquera R M A

Feb 19, 2021

Excelente curso, muy didáctico y entretenido, con contenido sumamente interesante estoy contento con lo aprendido y hare la parte 2 y 3