Back to Applications of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applications of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course covers the following topics: negotiation, feedback and coaching, conflict management, and leading change. The objectives are to learn how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, how to use leadership skills to organize others to work more effectively together, and to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. Learners: • Will be able to negotiate effectively and influence others • Provide feedback and coaching that is appropriate and influential • Will be able to manage conflict and lead change This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

SR

May 20, 2017

Excellent learning. These kind of courses really help an individual learn and implement what leaders in organizations do. The best part of this was the Emotional Intelligence and the Negotiation part.

AP

This Course was very informative and some of the concepts I learned will stay with me forever. For sure, application of concepts of this course is not only in professional lives but personal as well.

26 - 50 of 230 Reviews for Applications of Everyday Leadership

By Kevin T

Dec 12, 2016

The segments of this course on negotiation and conflict resolution are extremely valuable for managers and entrepreneurs. Professor Northcraft's presentation style is very polished and the readings add depth to the subject.

By Camesha R

Oct 08, 2019

This was a great learning experience and convenient for a working, single parent such as myself. I feel confident in having such a platform that will allow me to continue to grow and develop as a business professional.

By Akash P

By Renee B

Thank you for the opportunity to learn. Professor Gregory Northcraft was very clear and concise in all the videos he made me feel included and interested in learning. Good course all round.

By Maya R

Oct 26, 2019

Very good follow up course for the one on "Foundations of Everyday Leadership". This course brings all the concepts together and links them with issues we face in our every day work life!

By Ron E

Jan 01, 2020

There are a lot of ideas that i learned in this course that i wished i had known when i ran my own small business. But i was in my 30s and 40s and way to smart for a course like this!!

By ANKIT M

May 13, 2020

Detailed knowledge about the application of everyday leadership. The case study was activity was amazing and gave a clear idea of the implementation of the module.

Thanks.

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Josephine A N

May 04, 2020

The course has taught me useful managerial and leadership skills. The four (4) modules were all interesting. The professors especially Mr. Northcraft, did a good job.

By Shaswathaa G

Oct 25, 2019

Coursera helped me to gain more information and apply it at my work place .coursera is the best platform for one who loves learning and could gain knowledge usefully.

By Jeanine D

Oct 23, 2019

I honestly have to say, this is my favorite course to date! It covers a variety of issues and complexities that every leader does encounter on a day to day basis.

By Tatiana V

Feb 29, 2020

I absolutely loved this one. It's very practical and I could easily relate all the knowledge to the real work situations. I was also able to apply what I learnt.

By Daniel O

Jan 16, 2020

Excellent course by all standard. After going through the course, am now more efficient in terms of my leadership qualities both on the job and off the job.

By EKOR,Faustine A

May 01, 2018

The professor is good and l am in expectation of meeting him in subsequent lectures. His explanation is so vivid you would want to hear him over and over.

By Sharon C

May 29, 2018

This course was outstanding. I learned so much and can apply this to so many different areas of my work. I truly enjoyed the course and the lectures.

By Jose L M

Oct 05, 2019

Overall, this course and the previous one are excellent. Not only the quality of the content is terrific but also the professors are knowledgeable.

By Sunil K J

Dec 02, 2016

All the topics in this course are very relevant to our day-to-day management. Content, Case study and video materials are also very good. Thank You.

By Javier A

Oct 05, 2019

Fundamental skills to manage people from different functions of an organization. Applying these skills will make a big difference in any company.

By Vaishnavi G K

Sep 20, 2019

I found the professors knowledge extremely insightful. I really enjoyed the simplification of concepts by using examples to justify the points.

By ARJUN S D

Fantastic course and the case study were extremely helpful. Thank you all the Professors for their insights and the links to different reads.

By Melitza P

May 06, 2020

Great content and the course was easy to follow, but challenging. I recommend this course to any business leader or aspiring leader/ manager.

By Rachel G

Mar 26, 2016

Excellent contact with relevant case studies. I've been impressed with the course's organization, guest interviews, and level of interaction.

By Woo S L

Oct 06, 2019

The course was very insightful, lectures really focused on the key areas and very real-life case studies / reading materials were provided.

By Leon B

Oct 11, 2019

Excellent course with practical solutions to solving some key issues such as conflict management, performance management and negotiations.

By NAND K J

May 07, 2020

Excellent learning experience in depth knowledge in very easy to understand practical on real life examples made this quite impressive