Back to Applications of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applications of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

This course covers the following topics: negotiation, feedback and coaching, conflict management, and leading change. The objectives are to learn how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, how to use leadership skills to organize others to work more effectively together, and to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. Learners: • Will be able to negotiate effectively and influence others • Provide feedback and coaching that is appropriate and influential • Will be able to manage conflict and lead change This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

SR
May 19, 2017

Excellent learning. These kind of courses really help an individual learn and implement what leaders in organizations do. The best part of this was the Emotional Intelligence and the Negotiation part.

AP
May 23, 2020

This Course was very informative and some of the concepts I learned will stay with me forever. For sure, application of concepts of this course is not only in professional lives but personal as well.

26 - 50 of 320 Reviews for Applications of Everyday Leadership

By Mohammed E

Aug 11, 2018

I really liked how this course is applicable in real life with great impact. I took this course and applied most of the ideas and thoughts discussed here before I write my review, and it has a great impact in everyday leadership. Strongly recommended.

By Richard M ( D J

Jun 24, 2018

This has been my favorite course so far in the Strategic Leadership & Management Coursera Specialization at the University of Illinois. There was a lot of good material covered in this course, most of it very applicable and relevant to my current job.

By J P

Jul 7, 2020

I personally like the way the course is put together. With all the resources to get information from it feels like I need everything to get through the course right here. I do see a weakness in the grading process, especially the written submissions.

By Roy K

Jun 17, 2020

This is an excellent, well structured course. The case studies are interesting and engaging, and so our the small quizzes and assignments.

I really enjoyed the content and presentation, and was able to make direct links to real life situations.

By Dr S G B

Sep 22, 2020

The course is great and helps in understanding Performance Management,change Management conflict resolution and Leadership. Sir gregory Northcraft is very good. This is a good opportunity to develop and learn everyday leadership skills.

By Cecilia S

Oct 3, 2017

The Professor was an extremely well educated and clear in his lectures. He explained everything in a manner so that there wasn't one thing I was unable to understand nor did I ever feel doubtful. I strongly reccomend this course.

By Amelie D

Jul 15, 2018

I really appreciated this course. All the concepts were explained is a very pragmatic way which helps real life application. I particularly enjoyed the module on conflict management and the segment on emotional intelligence.

By Kevin T

Dec 11, 2016

The segments of this course on negotiation and conflict resolution are extremely valuable for managers and entrepreneurs. Professor Northcraft's presentation style is very polished and the readings add depth to the subject.

By Camesha R

Oct 7, 2019

This was a great learning experience and convenient for a working, single parent such as myself. I feel confident in having such a platform that will allow me to continue to grow and develop as a business professional.

By Devaprakasam D

Jun 23, 2020

It great learning experience, Professor. Gregory Northcraft lectures and deliveries are wonderful, his tone and language make me listen to his lectures again and again. Thank you, Professor Gregory Northcraft

By Joshua F

Jul 21, 2020

Never thought this type of learning would have such an impact! Every week I have taken what i've learned and used it with my team. Professor Northcraft is a great instructor. Thank you for the experience.

By Dhinesh A D

Jun 1, 2020

Great course on how to implement the leadership skills in real life scenarios. The case studies are the most effective tool for understanding how leadership skills facilitates better decisions.

By Vic D

Nov 3, 2020

Professors Loyd and Luckman are great facilitators and lecturers. I learnt a lot about effective team strategies and diversity and inclusiveness. Highly enjoyable, applicable leadership class!

By Renee B

Thank you for the opportunity to learn. Professor Gregory Northcraft was very clear and concise in all the videos he made me feel included and interested in learning. Good course all round.

By Maya R

Oct 26, 2019

Very good follow up course for the one on "Foundations of Everyday Leadership". This course brings all the concepts together and links them with issues we face in our every day work life!

By Ron E

Jan 1, 2020

There are a lot of ideas that i learned in this course that i wished i had known when i ran my own small business. But i was in my 30s and 40s and way to smart for a course like this!!

By Theophilus A

Jul 19, 2020

I am progressing well as i recognize the improvement in my leadership skills. Thank you coursera and the affiliated university (GIES) for the excellent structure of this course.

By ANKIT M

May 13, 2020

Detailed knowledge about the application of everyday leadership. The case study was activity was amazing and gave a clear idea of the implementation of the module.

Thanks.

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Josephine A N

May 3, 2020

The course has taught me useful managerial and leadership skills. The four (4) modules were all interesting. The professors especially Mr. Northcraft, did a good job.

By Shaswathaa G

Oct 25, 2019

Coursera helped me to gain more information and apply it at my work place .coursera is the best platform for one who loves learning and could gain knowledge usefully.

By Jeanine D

Oct 23, 2019

I honestly have to say, this is my favorite course to date! It covers a variety of issues and complexities that every leader does encounter on a day to day basis.

By Tatiana V

Feb 29, 2020

I absolutely loved this one. It's very practical and I could easily relate all the knowledge to the real work situations. I was also able to apply what I learnt.

By Daniel O

Jan 16, 2020

Excellent course by all standard. After going through the course, am now more efficient in terms of my leadership qualities both on the job and off the job.

By EKOR,Faustine A

May 1, 2018

The professor is good and l am in expectation of meeting him in subsequent lectures. His explanation is so vivid you would want to hear him over and over.