Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership, individual decision making, group decision making, and managing motivation. The objectives are to understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success, and learn the foundations of effective leadership skills. Learners: • Understand why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success • Know how to use leadership skills to work more effectively with others, and are able to organize teams to work more effectively together • Will be able to apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations faced by leaders. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

IJ

Jul 04, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

CK

Sep 11, 2020

This is a good session covering key aspects of everyday leadership. The sessions are just the right length and cover the topics in sufficient detail. The tutors have a good grasp over the subject.

151 - 175 of 961 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Arvind G R

May 22, 2018

Very well organized course and the case studies helped understand the concepts discussed in the modules. A big thanks to Prof. Northcraft for making it a wonderful experience.

By Tuhin S

Aug 23, 2020

Great course. Highly informative if you want to mould yourself into an effective leader. I am already applying some of the principles learnt in this course on my current job.

By Liesel W

May 23, 2020

Loved this course absolutely brilliant. Really enjoyed how it worked on Leadership and connecting with teams and how to get the best out of people, motivation, diversity etc.

By qudrat b

May 09, 2020

I loved the course, especially the written notes. It becomes handy to read if you could not complete the video in one go. The written material also works as a quick refresher

By Tom W

Aug 11, 2016

Very good course that gets to some extremely important aspects of what leadership is. I found it a nice refresher with some good suggested and mandatory reading assignments.

By DIEGO A A P

Jul 02, 2020

It's been very enriching complete this course. it helps me to understand the importance of the decision-making process as a whole.

In one word, I would describe as excellent!

By Mina R H B

The name says it all ! It really puts the basis for managing people ! the info provided is essential for every team leader ! Can't lead a team without knowing these basics !

By Monica P

Jan 15, 2020

I truly enjoyed the content and Professor's Northcraft videos and explanations of the concepts was very easy to follow. I can't wait to continue with the remaining courses!

By Kira

Dec 02, 2019

The class was great. I learned a ton, the information and modules were laid out in a logical manner. The classwork was just the right amount. I highly recommend this class.

By Peter K

Apr 27, 2018

I think the most useful content I've ever seen. Even If you are a beginner or an experienced leader you will find interesting things during the course.

Highly recommended!

By Rahul S

Sep 06, 2020

I have learned so many things from this course, how the leadership work, how to manage the team, how to make the decisions. i have gained best knowledge from this course.

By Carmen T

Feb 08, 2020

This is an amazing course; so nicely taught and concepts simplified. The case studies are great at reinforcing the theoretical concepts. I have enjoyed this course a lot!

By Lawrence A

Sep 12, 2019

I have really enjoyed this course especially the sections on motivation and leading in a group environment. The concepts are very easily applicable in every day work life

By Eduardo L

May 13, 2018

I appreciate the way the course is shown. I am a busy person and i need easy ways to obtain information, to share information, and this course achieve all my requeriments

By Leola S K

Jan 24, 2020

What a fantastic way to learn as a full-time employed single mom. I found the course to be well structured, insightful and practical. Looking forward to the next course!

By Holly C

Apr 23, 2020

Engaging and educational. Brief but interesting stories really helped reinforce the concepts. Thank you for the instruction and things I can use everyday in leadership.

By Himanshu G

Feb 09, 2020

This course equipped me with structural underpinnings to think about decisions I make every day- as an individual, or as a leader of a group, or as a member of a group.

By Shaswathaa G

Oct 22, 2019

Coursera gave me the right platform to understand the concepts deeply rather than just learning . Through coursera one could learn and understand the concepts clearly .

By Sohrob N G

Jul 30, 2019

Thanks for offering a useful course with lots of supporting videos, presentations, pdf files, and materials to test my comprehension level. Would definitely recommend.

By Christopher C

Sep 16, 2020

That as leader you need to involve people before you can take a decision ,always engage you team to be part of the things you are doing or want them to do or implement

By SONIA S

May 07, 2020

Course covered all the aspects, Detail oriented,systematic flow of thoughts with much clarity.Thanks to the Faculty team for developing such content. Great experience!

By Andrea V

Apr 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I have learned so much from it ! I only hope that soon I will have the opportunity to implement this knowledge to my working position.

By Ishan M

Fundamental yet Exceptional insights into everyday leadership. The assignments are so perfectly intertwined to bring out the learning into action. Highly recommended.

By NAND K J

Apr 30, 2020

Excellent entire session and all module are crisp and detailed kept on curiosity of learner and answering the questions giving the complete concept and understanding

By babak f

May 04, 2017

I really enjoyed the course, and could easily relate to a lot of the issues discussed. The material is well explained and the supplemental readings are very helpful.