Back to Foundations of Everyday Leadership

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Everyday Leadership by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this foundational course, you will learn about the “head and heart” of everyday leadership by exploring dynamics of individual and group decision making and the challenges of managing motivation. Central to the course is forming a nuanced understanding of why and how leadership skills are critical to an organization’s success. You will be able to: - Articulate why and how leadership skills are so critical to organizational success - Use leadership skills to work more effectively with others and organize teams to work more effectively together - Apply the foundations of effective leadership skills to everyday situations This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into these programs and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

IR

Dec 16, 2020

I found this course to be very informative. I really enjoyed the Videos and i was very much surprised at the interactive sessions. I am encouraged to complete other courses.\n\nA huge THANK YOU!!!!!!!

IJ

Jul 3, 2020

Honestly, its one of the most effective online foundational course on effective leadership. I'm particularly overwhelmed by the much I have learnt about utilising the group decision making process.

251 - 275 of 1,347 Reviews for Foundations of Everyday Leadership

By Oswald V

Oct 27, 2021

An introductory course which guides anyone to gain basic leadership skills. This improvement my approach in everyday work, in discussions and meetings.

By DEANNA D

Feb 10, 2017

This was an excellent course that lays the foundation of everday leadership. All objectives were met and the practice quizzes as well as graded quizzes

By Linda M

This was a really great course!! I have been in management positions most of my career and the content of this course was so enlightening and helpful!

By Syed A A

Jun 8, 2018

The beginning was fantastic. The last module was not upto the mark.Yet i learned so much new with the course about everyday leadership. Recommend it !

By Mikhael C

Feb 23, 2018

It’s a great way to learned about the foundation great leaders do to make better decisions and motivate others to interact the way we want them to do.

By Simwero J

Oct 26, 2017

It's quite enlightening, I enjoyed all the way to the end. I have learnt so much on leadership and looking forward to being a transformational leader

By Joe-Kai T

Apr 2, 2021

Very nice introductory course that puts concepts, which one may have thought about and experienced casually before, into a formal setting/framework.

By Jyothir A S R M

Oct 29, 2020

I would say this is definitely an eye opener for me. This course has really thought the value of leadership that I can put it in my everyday career.

By Modester A O

A very fundamental course for everyone. I am more than glad I took this course. Thanks to the professors and the colleagues that made this possible.

By Paul S

Mar 4, 2019

Excellent course that gets leaders in a position to be more thoughtful and effective in their roles. You won't regret any time put into this course.

By Irene J

Feb 11, 2017

Great course. Puts a structure to human behavior when working in teams. Enables one to overcome limitations and work/lead with the team effectively.

By Louisa H

Jan 31, 2021

This course did a great job of using video, quizzes, readings, discussions and writings to promote not just learning, but retention of the subject.

By Reynaldo M U

Mar 5, 2022

Excellent introductory course! Very relevant and useful information. Quizzes, assignments and case-studies help to solidify what is being learned.

By Rohit A P

Aug 12, 2020

Nice content in the course. it will help you to solve the Routine leadership issues and also help you in taking the decisions in the uncertainty.

By Prerit B

May 5, 2020

Prof Northcraft was simply amazing! From the examples that he gave to the beautiful words related to leadership that he explained, he is amazing.

By David A G P

Mar 14, 2020

I've used many of the concepts of this course on my daily basis as a team leader, and the benefits have been tangible. I absolutely recommend it.

By Antonio E Z C

Jul 10, 2020

Amazing , well structured, easy to follow and understand, topics are clear and relevant to day by day work, application, I really recommend it !

By Karu J

Jun 12, 2020

It is very good and I came to know so many useful methods for making decisions and implementing it.I surely recommend this and it is very useful

By Jacob K

Sep 5, 2019

I thought this was a good introduction into a different way to think about leadership and how everyone can be a leader in their every day lives.

By Krishna M

Jun 8, 2018

Started off this course expecting an academic course but found it practical and learnt aspects that I'm sure I can apply in my day to day work,

By Latifa Y

Dec 14, 2021

T​he course was made very interactive by Professor Greg. He did justice to the topics. Highly recommend it to anyone who wishes to pursue this

By Ogaga U

Aug 27, 2020

this is an awesome course to run through. My idea about leadership and team work has upgraded for the better in just four weeks of dedication.

By Malene D A

Apr 19, 2020

Thank you so much for an educational course. I am a new leader and therefore i have learned a lot that I can work on to become a great leader.

By Narendra K M

Sep 7, 2020

Nicely design Training module easy to understand . Specially Case study , Assignment a unique way of learning. Congrt to team for making such

By Chetan K M

Aug 12, 2020

Excellent and awesome online course happy to get enrolled and learnt many new things like different type of decision making skills. loved it.